Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2019, 09:56   #316
Seanachai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice VI View Post
That's because if there is any encroachment into the fields by hedges or any covers of non agricultural species in any fields, the farmers are fined for allowing that natural cover to grow.

But get this! They will allow you to grow artificial 'natural' covers and pay you for them but only on designated areas.

You couldn't make this stuff up
Is this EU regulations?
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 10:04   #317
Buford T. Justice VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanachai View Post
Is this EU regulations?
Yeah, or at least, the Irish interpretation of those regulations.
(2) thanks from:
10-07-2019, 13:01   #318
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n97 mini View Post
Haven't read the thread, but I find it ironic that many vegans own cats as pets. Cats are obligate carnivores and cannot survive on a meat free diet (ideally their diet is 100% meat).

Realistically vegans should be also campaigning for the end of cats.
why ironic? I am not vegan but . I had a discussion with a sweet vegan lady at the cat food shelves; we love our cats and they are not vegan etc. So they get what they need; period, as our love for them means we care for them.

Nothing ironic and why should vegans campaign like that? They may speak against animals as pets but not to end them!
10-07-2019, 13:41   #319
Former Observer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
There's a food chain respect it.
I very much hope you do. By buying ethically sourced meat. Chances are you're just another low IQ hot chicken roll guzzler. Probably estrogen dominant from all the hormones and antibiotics in the factory farmed meat you consume.
10-07-2019, 13:48   #320
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Observer View Post
I very much hope you do. By buying ethically sourced meat. Chances are you're just another low IQ hot chicken roll guzzler. Probably estrogen dominant from all the hormones and antibiotics in the factory farmed meat you consume.
You do know that hormones have been banned for many years here yeah and antibiotic use in animal husbandry is strictly regulated and used for medical purposes only when required?

But hey more bs - what new?

To parody that - 'probably growing man boobs and getting dementia from all that soya crap that you eat' or something ...

Last edited by gozunda; 10-07-2019 at 15:54.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 13:59   #321
jim o doom

Quote:
I love triggered vegans. Nothing makes me smile more, thanks for making my day
Thanks from:
10-07-2019, 14:11   #322
weldoninhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxAHcruel View Post
Just to probe that line of thinking for the fun of it. Could Human Slavery be justified - or at least made less unjustifiable - if the slaves in question were bred under the right conditions?

To use your words as much as possible to word this: If they were bred entirely in captivity - exclusively for the slave industry - and as products - then by the reasoning you offer above they are products and not "wild sentient" and free. So it would be ok? Or at least not as bad? For them to be slaves.

Not sure this line of reasoning works for me. Their level of rights and freedoms should be based on who/what they are - not their pedigree, lineage, or breeding conditions.
Rights and Freedoms are man made concepts to keep the proletariat in their place and stop then from killing each other. It does not apply to animals.
Thanks from:
10-07-2019, 15:10   #323
Former Observer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozunda View Post
You do know that hormones have been banned for many years here yeah and antibiotic use in animal husbandry is strictly regulated and used for medical purposes only when required?

I'm not a vegan. And I see you didn't address my point about ethics. That doesn't surprise me, because most of the reactionary anti-vegan cretins on this site and elsewhere are just shallow losers without the moral courage or discipline to find or eat ethically farmed meat. Get back to your half eaten three euro spicy chicken roll with bacon fat boy.

Also, I've worked in a meat packing plant and been involved in animal slaughter, whilst let's face it, your formative life experiences consist of repeated trips to the deli counter in your local Supervalu.

I'm laughing at the idea you think you even know where your meat is coming from.
10-07-2019, 15:50   #324
gozunda

Quote:
I'm not a vegan. And I see you didn't address my point about ethics. That doesn't surprise me, because most of the reactionary anti-vegan cretins on this site and elsewhere are just shallow losers without the moral courage or discipline to find or eat ethically farmed meat. Get back to your half eaten three euro spicy chicken roll with bacon fat boy .Also, I've worked in a meat packing plant and been involved in animal slaughter, whilst let's face it, your formative life experiences consist of repeated trips to the deli counter in your local Supervalu. I'm laughing at the idea you think you even know where your meat is coming from.

Didnt say you were - the soya thing was a parody of your last comment btw. Dont give a donkies about your take on 'ethics' or otherwise considering the crap written about 'hormones' etc

But no I dont like misinformation. Anyway always love the a small number of plant advocates that get all personal and throw ad-hominmens around like they dont have a decent argument to offer. But yes indeed - I am involved with food production, and I know where exactly where my meat is coming from - so I can spot crap like the often repeat bull****e about "hormones and antibiotics" repeated like diarrhoea. Same **** - different thread.

But hey what's new lol

Last edited by gozunda; 12-07-2019 at 11:26.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2019, 16:02   #325
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim o doom View Post
I love triggered vegans. Nothing makes me smile more, thanks for making my day
All these threads are started by non vegans who feel insecure about the very existence of vegans for some reason
11-07-2019, 06:51   #326
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
All these threads are started by non vegans who feel insecure about the very existence of vegans for some reason
Oh so true!.
11-07-2019, 18:40   #327
GreeBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodderangler View Post
I can guarantee it. I’ve been shooting since childhood. I learned from my mistakes at a young age and was brought up proper in hunting. I won’t shoot unless it’s safe and guarantee to be a kill shot.
Now if you can’t understand that then that’s your problem not mine
The Irish Olympic Shooting team doesn't know what its missing.
11-07-2019, 20:39   #328
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMunkey View Post
The first rule of being a vegan, is letting everyone know your a vegan.

Each to their own I say.
The second rule is treat all animals as if they are human. If a cat kills a mouse he should be arrested for murder in their deluded minds.
Thanks from:
11-07-2019, 20:43   #329
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
I'm pretty sure 30% or so of India is vegetarian. The planet would be a better place if we all ate less meat. The seas are almost out of fish too.
Did you ever hear of fishing quotas that have been around for years they were brought in to prevent over dissing and there are still plenty fish in the sea.
11-07-2019, 20:50   #330
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
Did you ever hear of fishing quotas that have been around for years they were brought in to prevent over dissing and there are still plenty fish in the sea.
Yeah the quotas aren't strict enough
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion