Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arnotts Warehouse Sale Swords

• 10-11-2019 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Out here at present. Irelands earliest Black Friday sale.

There's a few bargains to be had, but what amazes me is the number of people buying truckloads of stuff that they don't need, don't want, won't use and probably cannot afford.

The Tiger is back.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Murt10 wrote: »
    Out here at present. Irelands earliest Black Friday sale.

There's a few bargains to be had, but what amazes me is the number of people buying truckloads of stuff that they don't need, don't want, won't use and probably cannot afford.

The Tiger is back.

How can you tell what strangers need, want or can’t afford?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've gone to the last 2 sales they had up their, they seem to be doing them every few months.
    I've come out with shed loads of stuff that I needed but couldn't justify buying for full price.

Buyer beware though some of the stuff isn't great quality and I guess it's bought in just for the sale.
    The high thread count cotton sheets for instance I got have ripped at the seams and I've never seen that happen with a sheet before in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Weren’t people on here before saying what a load of overhyped rubbish this way before? If it was is genuine, then they are running their store and inventory very badly if the supposedly have to keep having discount warehouse sales to clear it. Something tells me that isn’t the case and it’s simply playing on our psychology of liking a “bargain “.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

road_high wrote: »
    Weren’t people on here before saying what a load of overhyped rubbish this way before? If it was is genuine, then they are running their store and inventory very badly if the supposedly have to keep having discount warehouse sales to clear it. Something tells me that isn’t the case and it’s simply playing on our psychology of liking a “bargain “.

I was out at the last one to bag a bargain. I left empty handed. A quick Google search of the various items that interested me all could be got for less or similar in other shops. People can be real suckers when the word sale or discount is mentioned.

I was out at the last one to bag a bargain. I left empty handed. A quick Google search of the various items that interested me all could be got for less or similar in other shops. People can be real suckers when the word sale or discount is mentioned.

People hear “Warehouse sale” and think it’s Arnotts genuinely selling off top notch brands for half nothing- I had a quick look at their website too and if you want a whole €50 off a Dyson then it’s the place for you! You could probably walk into DID any day of the week however and get the same ! And a lot less queuing and crowds pushing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ning

Fake sales. Should be regulated. Most of their "50% off" stuff can be gotten cheaper elsewhere, just do a quick google or pricespy search.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ning wrote: »
    Fake sales. Should be regulated. Most of their "50% off" stuff can be gotten cheaper elsewhere, just do a quick google or pricespy search.

Individual responsibility.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Similar to the Harvey Norman friends and family sale.
    No deals. Just a marketing ply.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

I would disagree. I bought lots of good quality brand towels & bedsheets for great prices last year and they’re all still in great nick.
    It’s good if you need household stuff, but very easy to buy unnecessarily.
    Last weeks sale I picked up some Westelm furniture i had my eye on for almost half it’s current price on the westelm & John Lewis website.

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    I would disagree. I bought lots of good quality brand towels & bedsheets for great prices last year and they’re all still in great nick.
    It’s good if you need household stuff, but very easy to buy unnecessarily.
    Last weeks sale I picked up some Westelm furniture i had my eye on for almost half it’s current price on the westelm & John Lewis website.

They regularly do good offers on that stuff in the main Henry st store- only advantage i can see is the easier parking and access to the Swords place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Same here, went to one earlier this year and left empty handed. Found much better value online for the same stuff. Im sure there are a few bargains at this sale but you need to do your own research. As others said a lot of people fall for the psychology of a 'sale'.

Advertisement