Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Anyone tried it today?

Yup. They are still blocking at payment screen. Looks like those that ordered Friday before the block was put in place will get their phones but that's it.

Nice touch the way they say the problem is with customers card. Much nicer than just using a generic error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭micks_address

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Yup. They are still blocking at payment screen. Looks like those that ordered Friday before the block was put in place will get their phones but that's it.

Nice touch the way they say the problem is with customers card. Much nicer than just using a generic error message.
    I ordered before the block but my orders were cancelled Saturday morning via email..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I ordered before the block but my orders were cancelled Saturday morning via email..

Some had theirs cancelled and still got the phone. You never know.

Come to think of it that might be why they've run out of stock.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Some had theirs cancelled and still got the phone. You never know.

Come to think of it that might be why they've run out of stock.

Looks like they have refunded my card so thats that..what's the deal with ever being able order these again?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

I have a different scenario ordered when it was 239 but the web says order invalid got a text Friday says order was dispatched via an post but the phone didn't arrive and no money has been taken from my account and neither did i receive a cancellation

• Advertisement

danny004 wrote: »
    I have a different scenario ordered when it was 239 but the web says order invalid got a text Friday says order was dispatched via an post but the phone didn't arrive and no money has been taken from my account and neither did i receive a cancellation

Shambles all round

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

This company is amazing. I ordered Friday morning for €179. Order status at lunch time today was dispatched. Now it’s back to “Your order is being processed”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

For Feck Sake! Mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    This company is amazing. I ordered Friday morning for €179. Order status at lunch time today was dispatched. Now it’s back to “Your order is being processed”
    Ryath wrote: »
    For Feck Sake! Mine too

Mine too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

hdl wrote: »
    Mine too :(

Me too, ah well least I get one when it was €250

• Advertisement

I went through the same thing. It was delivered. Their tracking is abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.
    Sorry there seems to be a problem - you may have entered the wrong credit card type. Please contact your credit card provider if the problem continues. (DF-ATG-03)

Blatant lies :mad:

Basil3 wrote: »
    I went through the same thing. It was delivered. Their tracking is abysmal.

So it's weird the bank charge on my account is pending still but Vodafone deposited 179.99 into my account...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

joedumper wrote: »
    Blatant lies :mad:

I think that this is what is do astounding. A multinational company like Vodafone is telling blatant and obvious lies. This is unequivocal. Since Friday perhaps hundreds of people have been told that there is a problem with their credit or debit cards.
    A blatant lie. And they have gotten away with it. The offer remains on their website. An offer that it is impossible to avail of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Weltsmertz wrote:
    I think that this is what is do astounding. A multinational company like Vodafone is telling blatant and obvious lies. This is unequivocal. Since Friday perhaps hundreds of people have been told that there is a problem with their credit or debit cards. A blatant lie. And they have gotten away with it. The offer remains on their website. An offer that it is impossible to avail of.

I think they are having issues with their payment gateway...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

I think they are having issues with their payment gateway...

Weltsmertz likes conspiracy theories - see their postings in the Cork forum.

Many years ago Vodafone had a great pre Christmas offer on the S3 Mini. Their payment gateway back then was throwing up similar errors. IIRC I ordered one phone, got two and paid for three. (I did get a refund in the end and was told to keep the phones and I donated the "free" one to a local charity).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Still no joy ordering tonight. Still the same payment issue. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

mine arrived today ( 249) ordered thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

We're sorry, but we're unable to complete your request.
    Sorry there seems to be a problem - you may have entered the wrong credit card type. Please contact your credit card provider if the problem continues. (DF-ATG-03)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

SNIP Removed identifying twitter handle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Still failing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ush1 wrote: »
    Still failing this morning.

yeah same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

The absolute farce continues.

They gave me the error messages on Friday but still took 3 x €180 payments from the cards I tried to use, I got no emails of any kind so contacted Vodafone chat who said they had no records of any orders for me.......

This morning Vodafone ported my eir sim over

My phone arrived this morning, Paid the €179 for it on Friday at about 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

Order status has changed from out for delivery to being processed. The saga continues!

pedatron wrote: »
    Order status has changed from out for delivery to being processed. The saga continues!

Mine did the same thing yesterday but still arrived this morning. Fingers crossed everyone else gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone able to order fresh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Did you have it delivered to you, or collect in store?

I picked collect in store as people were saying earlier on the thread that they arrived quicker that way. So I have no idea whether to expect them to contact me to say it's there (assuming it's not now cancelled now that it's back to "being processed"), or if I need to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Likewise.

Now listed as:

"Your order has been dispatched."

Hoping to collect in-store tomorrow so.

And has changed overnight to

"Your order is being processed"

Going to call to store at lunch and see if dropped off there this morning.

Some joke of a company and people complain about Eir and GoMo. They are all as bad!

• Advertisement

hdl wrote: »
    Did you have it delivered to you, or collect in store?

I picked collect in store as people were saying earlier on the thread that they arrived quicker that way. So I have no idea whether to expect them to contact me to say it's there (assuming it's not now cancelled now that it's back to "being processed"), or if I need to contact them.

It was delivered to me

Advertisement