Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2019, 15:27   #1
Seapoint

Virgin Media Broadband - Price Increase - Break Contract

Just got this email which makes me happy!!

CONTRACT CHANGE
Hello Redacted
The price of your broadband is going up in 2020
We're getting in touch to let you know that from 1st January 2020 the price of your broadband will increase by €3.50 a month.

To help you understand what this means FAQ's are available at virginmedia.ie/change.
Calls to Non Geographic numbers will become part of your home phone bundle
Following a regulatory change, calls to some Non Geographic numbers (those beginning with 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076) will become part of your inclusive home phone minutes. Currently calls to these numbers are not included in your home phone bundle. Out of bundle charges for calls to 1850 numbers will also change.

For more information on these changes and how to get in touch if you've got questions visit virginmedia.ie/nongeo. This change will take effect on 28th November 2019.
So what happens next?
We really hope that you’ll continue to enjoy your Virgin Media package, however, you can change or cancel your service because of the broadband price change by giving us 30 days notice. You can do this without penalty any time before your effective date of January 12th 2020. Simply call us on 1908 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The information in this communication is correct as of August 27th 2019 so if you have made any changes to your account since this date, this may no longer be relevant for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotation 2019-10-16 152236.jpg (169.4 KB, 240 views)
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 15:30   #2
4real

here we go again, i am going to do exactly the same as i did last year, ring them, get a crazy offer reject it and tell them to cancel, as my cancel date approaches they ring me back begging me to stay and offer me what i want!
16-10-2019, 17:47   #3
KilOit

Sky offer for 59€ with Netflix is looking tempting
16-10-2019, 17:57   #4
jeffk

Shame you get use to the speed of Virgin and dont want to go back to slower speeds, down in herselfs they got SKY and its crap and had issues

Just do the usual oh ill cancel, wink wink, heres half price for 6 months or so, ah no I wont cancel thanks
Thanks from:
16-10-2019, 19:17   #5
danois

How does this effect mobile bills? I have internet with virgin but not tv. Does anyone know If I cancel will they then cancel my mobile? I remember them saying you could only have mobile of already a virgin customer. Tia.
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 19:30   #6
Roberto_gas

Its about time we get rid of virgin and show them why customer loyalty is imp..
16-10-2019, 19:56   #7
dingding

Quote:
Originally Posted by danois View Post
How does this effect mobile bills? I have internet with virgin but not tv. Does anyone know If I cancel will they then cancel my mobile? I remember them saying you could only have mobile of already a virgin customer. Tia.
Save another 15 per month on your mobile

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058023141
16-10-2019, 19:58   #8
danois

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
Save another 15 per month on your mobile

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058023141
Would love to but think I’ve 10 months left in contract for phone
16-10-2019, 21:50   #9
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by danois
Would love to but think I’ve 10 months left in contract for phone

Mobile is never on contract afaik..
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 22:38   #10
TheDriver

Isn't there a big announcement tomorrow from eir about cheaper broadband.
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2019, 23:15   #11
Caranica

I'm sick of playing this game with Virgin every flipping year. I don't want to move provider but I don't think I have the energy to fight them this time.
17-10-2019, 00:53   #12
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
Isn't there a big announcement tomorrow from eir about cheaper broadband.
Website is currently down while they prepare for "exciting things are on the way".
not sure if it's broadband only but this was in the papers,
"Tomorrow, the company is expected to launch a revamped TV service
based on a new set-top box".
17-10-2019, 08:52   #13
shardylan

Have had this with virgin for past few years.They offer me 3 months half off I tell them I want 9 they say they can’t because I had that last year so tell them to cancel .I wait they ring offer 6 I say no they offer 9 . Have to stand firm and be prepared to cancel but you’ll get the 9 . Only for that I wouldn’t stay . It’s too expensive to stay just for the speeds
17-10-2019, 10:06   #14
TallGlass2

Ever since UPC left the building, Virgin has just been crap. If the BB wasn't so decent, I say they would be in serious trouble.

Eir are starting to close the gap, instead of been nice to customers, they are out gouging us.

Equipment on the house so I am one of the lucky ones with a heavily discounted bill, but that gap is closing with these increases, so they are playing a dangerous game with me, piss me off too much, well Virgin and there equipment on my house can take a hike. I also don't want to be one of them neighbors, but this is taking the piss at this stage, each and every year.
(2) thanks from:
17-10-2019, 11:26   #15
comuirch

I signed up to a Broadband, TV and Phone bundle in December last year. Will I be able to cancel the entire contract due to the above price increase, or will they argue that TV and Broadband are separate services/contract?

I've had enough of the truly awful Horizon box and looking to exit at the earliest possible opportunity......

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion