Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-08-2018, 23:15   #331
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS1890 View Post
How did you avoid customs? Ordered a Mi A1 for €160 got caught for €54 customs think it was €39 customs & €15 DHL handling fee.
When buying a phone on Aliexpress, and its been this way for years across multiple sellers, if you choose free shipping the phone takes ~30-40 days to arrive on the slow boat from China and theres a chance customs will seize it and demand their slice before they release it, usually around 10%? I dont know as Ive never been caught.

Or you can pick the DHL delivery option, which is usually around €30 like I paid for the Mi Max 3, this cuts delivery time to a week or two, maybe even 3/4/5 days, plus no customs on delivery. I dont know how it works exactly but its been this way for years. You mention €15 DHL handling so not sure whats going on there. A lot of sellers offer to refund customs if caught so maybe worth a complaint/dispute?

By the way everyone who ordered the 6GB/128GB version of the Mi Max 3 from the Mi Global Store has been told they have to wait 2 weeks before it ships regardless if they paid DHL or not, holdup at the factory and high demand apparently
Advertisement
04-08-2018, 20:13   #332
AS1890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
When buying a phone on Aliexpress, and its been this way for years across multiple sellers, if you choose free shipping the phone takes ~30-40 days to arrive on the slow boat from China and theres a chance customs will seize it and demand their slice before they release it, usually around 10%? I dont know as Ive never been caught.

Or you can pick the DHL delivery option, which is usually around €30 like I paid for the Mi Max 3, this cuts delivery time to a week or two, maybe even 3/4/5 days, plus no customs on delivery. I dont know how it works exactly but its been this way for years. You mention €15 DHL handling so not sure whats going on there. A lot of sellers offer to refund customs if caught so maybe worth a complaint/dispute?

By the way everyone who ordered the 6GB/128GB version of the Mi Max 3 from the Mi Global Store has been told they have to wait 2 weeks before it ships regardless if they paid DHL or not, holdup at the factory and high demand apparently
I got DHL delivery for €7 so wasn't bad at that price. I presume there is always a chance of customs. Is there less of a chance when using the AliExpress standard shipping?
05-08-2018, 01:54   #333
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS1890 View Post
I got DHL delivery for €7 so wasn't bad at that price. I presume there is always a chance of customs. Is there less of a chance when using the AliExpress standard shipping?
Id be suspicious of a €7 DHL delivery tbh, its usually in the €30 range. Do oyu have a link to the exact product you bought or a DHL tracking number? If it is DHL you're probably good, standard delivery is pot luck whether it will be hit by customs or not, dont think anyone ever figured out a pattern for it. Although that €7 DHL price might mean it was sent from within the EU in which case no customs anyway.
12-08-2018, 22:30   #334
tedpan

The 4GB 64GB in black is 239 from eglobal(no chance of customs) at the moment, really close to buying, can't find any decent pricing for the 6GB/128GB..
04-12-2018, 17:27   #335
restive
Banned

I just shattered the screen on mine, Anybody replace a screen or is it worth it?
Advertisement
04-12-2018, 20:48   #336
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by restive
I just shattered the screen on mine, Anybody replace a screen or is it worth it?

They're around 30 euro for the LCD and digitizer unit on eBay, definitely buy the complete unit if you're doing it yourself. It's a pretty straight forward fix if you watch the tutorials on YouTube. Not sure how much a mobile phone repair service would cost.. I'm guessing 60euro which might make it better to replace the phone. Worth checking anyway
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion