Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dunnes in Sandyford has every tub except quality street

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got a proper tin of the QS in Tesco last night, €8, well delighted. Something not so Christmassy about the plastic tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Quality Street €4 in my local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Didn't see Heroes anywhere today. Dunnes Henry street had only Roses left.

Tesco in Parnell street had piles of Quality street at the door about an hour ago. They were 4 Euro as pointed out earlier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Have had to settle for the small box of heroes. They're nowhere to be found in Limerick in tubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Those tubs of Roses are terrible. They seem to be all varieties of caramel ?

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ebbsy wrote: »

Avoid.

Ha. Bit late now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Avoid.

This variation on Roses just is not Roses at all. I've gone right off them. Heroes is better these days but I don't think i'll even bother next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

vicwatson wrote: »

Avoid.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    late?

chocolate-is-for-life-chocolate-gift-set-CV0065-2.jpg

I got a mini metal tin of quality street in tesco for 1.75, the toffee penny and toffee finger were surprisingly good. I was totally put off getting QS as the toffees were usually teeth pulling hard as nails sweets, and I hate buying any chocolates with "duds" in them.

Did anybody else notice them being softer than usual? I also wondered if they possibly had better ones in the small tins.

Celebrations 490g pouches were 3 euro, a tub is about 1.5times that weight so its like a tub being 4.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Anyone know cheapest place for heroes? Tesco have the 370g bag for over 6e. That's poor compared to before xmas, then again, that might be the real price.

Anyone know cheapest place for heroes? Tesco have the 370g bag for over 6e. That's poor compared to before xmas, then again, that might be the real price.

my tesco had 500g hero pouches for 4 euro.

but checking now it might have gone up, this historical link shows it was supposed to end 31st

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2U4aA7SBWXQJ:https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/%3Fid%3D293498872+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=ubuntu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on your Tesco- but Maynooth is flogging the 500grm pouches in its seasonal aisle at half price (3.25). Also has the Celebrations and other pouches @ 3.00 (and hundreds of them on the shelf!)

Lots of tesco heroes 500g pouches in ballybrack, they are up on the very top of the shelf where only storage stuff usually is, but definitely being sold (not stored), and still for 4 euro.

They had to move them up to make way for all the easter eggs! no messing, proper full section is there, creme eggs in various pack sizes, caramel eggs and proper easter eggs and large lindt chocolate rabbits.

Halloween stuff out next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

rubadub wrote:
    Lots of tesco heroes 500g pouches in ballybrack, they are up on the very top of the shelf where only storage stuff usually is, but definitely being sold (not stored), and still for 4 euro.

rubadub wrote:
    They had to move them up to make way for all the easter eggs! no messing, proper full section is there, creme eggs in various pack sizes, caramel eggs and proper easter eggs and large lindt chocolate rabbits.

rubadub wrote:
    Halloween stuff out next week!

Sorry, not to derail the thread, I just had to respond.
    Your post proper made me LOL (as in out loooud)!

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Celebrations, Roses & Heroes tubs spotted in Tesco Newbridge today for €7. Not quite a bargain price yet...but they've landed back in the stores for Christmas

soc wrote: »
    Celebrations, Roses & Heroes tubs spotted in Tesco Newbridge today for €7. Not quite a bargain price yet...

Same price in Dunnes- and they have a full pallet of them in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

2 for €10 in my local Dunnes Stores this morning. Pallet just inside the door.

soc wrote: »
    Celebrations, Roses & Heroes tubs spotted in Tesco Newbridge today for €7. Not quite a bargain price yet...but they've landed back in the stores for Christmas
    still a good price per kilo for branded chocolate.

roses tub is 660g, celebrations is 680g

It seems the celebrations includes wrappers, not clear about the roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Was in Belfast on Thursday and they were selling 2 tubs for £7.00 in Tesco Cityside,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,173 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Quality Street tubs are €5 in Tesco now!

Tesco can take a run and jump, even at €4 I ain't buying them........well, maybe:P

bigwillie wrote: »
    Was in Belfast on Thursday and they were selling 2 tubs for £7.00 in Tesco Cityside,

Good deal, about €4 a tub, that's what we should be aiming for come November !

1.2kg tins of Quality Street- €10 in Tesco
    Spotted - Maynooth

Slightly different than normal!

21616118_904965619668229_7011128766417261953_n.jpg?oh=c51f18ce9b9fe16c2096f8229fae51ec&oe=5A4BC416

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Slightly different than normal!

21616118_904965619668229_7011128766417261953_n.jpg?oh=c51f18ce9b9fe16c2096f8229fae51ec&oe=5A4BC416

Individually wrapped?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Individually wrapped?

Haha........
    29 Fun sized bags- with 12-15 skittles in each.

Saw this online! 4 for €20 in Iceland. I think Celebrations are also part of the offer!

22050036_1888806897801265_4089906109239482959_n.jpg?oh=e638e947caf3eb01d07148279c175193&oe=5A7A3AB8

a few others in tesco, the quality street seems the highest weight, not sure about wrappers

Only 5.00 Quality Street Tub 750g valid from 27/9/2017 until 10/10/2017

Celebrations Tub 680G €5.00 Portions per pack: ~24, Portion size: 27.3g

Only 7.00 Cadbury Heroes Tub 660g
    valid from 27/9/2017 until 10/10/2017

Only 7.00 Cadbury Roses Tub 660g
    valid from 27/9/2017 until 10/10/2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

HAd the tub of skittles in Tesco Newbridge for €5. Would’ve liken a big tub of skittles as opposed to packs in a tub :D

Advertisement