Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2019, 13:19   #481
HairMare

they do, but even when you tick the non commercial box your still fleeced, its just an excuse
Advertisement
17-10-2019, 20:01   #482

Stena giving 20% off, personally going to give it a couple of days to see what IF come up with?

Hello
Get a wicked saving!

Grab a frighteningly good 20% off travel to Britain.

No tricks, just a sweet deal on routes from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard. Book your monster saving by 23 October, and set sail before 5 January 2020.

Knock, knock. That’s a devilish discount at your door. Don’t miss out.So get into the spirit and use offer code TREATME20 to save today.

WHAT’S THE DEAL?
20% off motorist fares
Available on Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard routes
Travel up to 5 January 2020
Book by 23.00hrs 23 October

Check for other T&C's
18-10-2019, 10:21   #483

As expected Irish Ferries also offering 20% off

Book your break by next Wednesday 23rd October to get your 20% off. You'd be mad not to!

20% off to Britain T&Cs
Valid on all Irish Sea routes. Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 23 October 2019. Travel from the 20 October up to 5 Jan 2020 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability. Excludes: Next day return fares freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements. Fees for non-web bookings apply. Standard terms & conditions of booking & travel apply. Irish Ferries reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

Was hoping for another 25% off but 20% is better than nothing.
22-10-2019, 13:47   #484
Brianfitz543

This is bit of a cheeky long shot, but has anyone booked with Irish ferries from the UK to Ireland and received the promo code for €75 off at Centre Parcs in Longford.
22-10-2019, 14:52   #485
davidjtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3cents View Post
As expected Irish Ferries also offering 20% off

Book your break by next Wednesday 23rd October to get your 20% off. You'd be mad not to!

20% off to Britain T&Cs
Valid on all Irish Sea routes. Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 23 October 2019. Travel from the 20 October up to 5 Jan 2020 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability. Excludes: Next day return fares freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements. Fees for non-web bookings apply. Standard terms & conditions of booking & travel apply. Irish Ferries reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

Was hoping for another 25% off but 20% is better than nothing.
I delayed a long-awaited visit to family in England because of the extortionate prices. I told them we'd come over later in the year. Now I can't book even with 20% off because I've put a bit much other stuff on the credit card…
Advertisement
22-10-2019, 15:32   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjtaylor View Post
I delayed a long-awaited visit to family in England because of the extortionate prices. I told them we'd come over later in the year. Now I can't book even with 20% off because I've put a bit much other stuff on the credit card…
Cheapest trip is always the overnight mid week ones Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can plan to travel at those times then you'll save at least 25% on the price of the peak weekend fairs.
24-10-2019, 10:47   #487
davidjtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3cents View Post
Cheapest trip is always the overnight mid week ones Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can plan to travel at those times then you'll save at least 25% on the price of the peak weekend fairs.
Yeah, I always travel on the first ferry of the day (not long after midnight) on Wednesdays. Not only the cheapest but I can travel down to Dublin (from Clare) with no traffic problems!

And on the way back from England, the M7 is empty heading up out of Dublin, with traffic chocka on the opposite side…
24-10-2019, 11:29   #488
Cape Clear

Any discounts or deals available for accommodation & travel packages for summer 2020?
29-10-2019, 16:17   #489
Chelle_C

Sorry guys, no codes to offer but just wondered if any of you regular ferry users can advise me.

I've looked up a price today for travel in late December.

If I wait until the end of November to book, are prices likely to shoot up?
If I were booking flights I wouldn't hang around however I'm not sure if sea travel prices work the same way.

Thanks
Advertisement
01-11-2019, 12:43   #490
davidjtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle_C View Post
Sorry guys, no codes to offer but just wondered if any of you regular ferry users can advise me.

I've looked up a price today for travel in late December.

If I wait until the end of November to book, are prices likely to shoot up?
If I were booking flights I wouldn't hang around however I'm not sure if sea travel prices work the same way.

Thanks
Provided you don't want to travel on a busy day (Fridays and Sundays, I believe) then you've nothing to lose by hanging on for a deal. That's what I'm doing.

The very cheapest crossings are the first one each day, each way - not long after midnight - on Wednesdays.
Thanks from:
04-11-2019, 09:15   #491
Chelle_C

There's a flash 25% sale on the Stena Line website for anyone interested:

What’s the Deal?

•25% off motorist fares
•Available on Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Fishguard routes
•Travel up to 5 January 2020
•Book by 23.00hrs 5 November

Code: TIMER25
04-11-2019, 12:09   #492
davidjtaylor

Irish Ferries are doing the same, 25% off till midnight 6th November. Chelle_C, now's your chance.
Thanks from:
04-11-2019, 19:23   #493
Chelle_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjtaylor View Post
Irish Ferries are doing the same, 25% off till midnight 6th November. Chelle_C, now's your chance.
Booked with Stena and I’m delighted with the saving! Couldn’t have come at a better time
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 21:11   #494
furryhead

Hi, looking at Dublin to Holyhead 9 - 12 December. Nearly €400 at the minute. Does anyone know of any discount code or the likelyhood of one in the next couple of weeks? Never used ferry & car before for travel so not sure if this is a decent deal.Thanks
Thanks from:
17-11-2019, 12:56   #495
davidjtaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryhead View Post
Hi, looking at Dublin to Holyhead 9 - 12 December. Nearly €400 at the minute. Does anyone know of any discount code or the likelyhood of one in the next couple of weeks? Never used ferry & car before for travel so not sure if this is a decent deal.Thanks

That price sounds about right - they just finished a deal and with it I got a return crossing for 2 people and car and cabins for €280.50 but prior to that it was around €420.

Just subscribe to their newsletter and you'll get notified. It's not likely they'll do another deal before your dates but you never know, fingers crossed. Good luck!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion