Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Yes, I got Curve to be accepted after many failed attempts with Revolut (and Curve) when I had to update my payment method when my old Revolut card expired.
    The middle Netflix tier costing TRY29.99 charged me €4.79 last week.

What did you do differently to get this work?I can't update my payment method with any of my cards(Revolut/Curve etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

Is this still a working method?
    So if I cancel my Netflix and once I'm out of coverage, can I use the same email and sign up from Turkey to get it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ThePott wrote: »
    Is this still a working method?
    So if I cancel my Netflix and once I'm out of coverage, can I use the same email and sign up from Turkey to get it cheaper?

I did it for my sister a few weeks ago. Wouldn't work with Revolut card at all, but the Irish card on her account worked fine.

dulpit wrote: »
    I did it for my sister a few weeks ago. Wouldn't work with Revolut card at all, but the Irish card on her account worked fine.

Huh okay. Was going to use Revolut but if an Irish card works, why not.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Did you keep watching as normal?

Yes. Just watched on the app. Waiting for it to log me out but all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

jkbah wrote: »
    Yes. Just watched on the app. Waiting for it to log me out but all good.

My payment got reverted on the 11th and today it logged me out. Tried to sign back in with VPN (tried Turkey and Argentina) but can’t get get a payment method to work. In Turkey it brings me to the UK site and Argentina just doesn’t work. Tried signing up with a new email as well and having the same payment issues so will try a new Irish account and then switching again. Otherwise I guess I’ll have to pay for an Irish account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I was reverted on the 11th aswell but still able to login just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Ohmeha wrote:
    I was reverted on the 11th aswell but still able to login just now

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chr15

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you’re using a vpn and Turkish netflix is bringing you to the U.K. site then the vpn isn’t working properly

I tried 2 different VPNs including ExpressVPN. It works for Argentina, Columbia but not Turkey. But it won’t accept my revolution or Irish card in those countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Chr15 wrote: »
    I tried 2 different VPNs including ExpressVPN. It works for Argentina, Columbia but not Turkey. But it won’t accept my revolution or Irish card in those countries

if you are having trouble with the VPN then there is another option.

100% it works with windscribe pro.

Take one month of them - 5euro. and then cancel. You have a choice of 3 locations in turkey there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

flexcon wrote: »
    if you are having trouble with the VPN then there is another option.

100% it works with windscribe pro.

Take one month of them - 5euro. and then cancel. You have a choice of 3 locations in turkey there

What’s windscribe pro? A vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Have you tried logging into Irish Netflix first and adding a card there? Then when you subscribe to Turkey/Argentina you won't have to enter card details since it's already saved on the account.

jarvis wrote: »
    What’s windscribe pro? A vpn?

Yeah that's correct.

Although the post above about creating the irish account first with irish card is another way this works first.

Yeah that's correct.

Although the post above about creating the irish account first with irish card is another way this works first.

So are you saying that you can creat a brand new account and add a payment method for the first time successfully using windscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Ill add this in case others have missed it. this is from another user and not me

For anyone having trouble using one of those free VPN's.

Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
    Downloaded tor browser: torproject.org/dow…ad/
    Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
    Edited the file C:\Users\willknot\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc.
    The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
    Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
    Clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
    When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details and saved.It showed me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.

Editing the file part some may find tricky, u open the folder before u start the tor browser, in it u will see tor browser, then click browser, then click tor browser, then click data, then click tor and finally click torcc
    in torcc u open this by notepad (it will be blank), copy and paste ExitNodes {tr} into the notepad, save it close it and then follow the rest of the instructions.I had an existing plan that I closed 30 days ago and I used my own irish card details.

These instructions came from another user on boards.ie and many there have used it including me successfully.

These instructions came from another user on boards.ie and many there have used it including me successfully.

Came from me ;) I set my sister up using above method a few weeks ago, it worked perfectly. I have not tried setting somebody up with this method on a new account though, it was always using an existing account with existing payment methods added, where it had been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was having difficulties signing up for Turkey with my credit card and debit card. Was saying there was an issue with my cards.

Tried another browser and it actually worked in that (Think I used firefox isntead). I think there was actually some chrome pop up blocker that was interfering with the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Stake 2000 euros work of MCO on crypto.com and get spotify and netflix for free when you pay using their credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

dulpit wrote: »
    Came from me ;) I set my sister up using above method a few weeks ago, it worked perfectly. I have not tried setting somebody up with this method on a new account though, it was always using an existing account with existing payment methods added, where it had been cancelled.

I used your method on an existing account too.

it worked easily this way, those vpn's are a disaster

So are you saying that you can creat a brand new account and add a payment method for the first time successfully using windscribe?

Create an Irish account and an Irish sub. Once the trial is over, cancel the sub and then go to the turkey VPN route and reinstate the sub.

This seems to get around the issue of the card not being accepted.

• Advertisement

Can you keep the same email/account or do you need to use a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Create an Irish account and an Irish sub. Once the trial is over, cancel the sub and then go to the turkey VPN route and reinstate the sub. This seems to get around the issue of the card not being accepted.

Basically did this. I had a Turkish sub, card expired and I wasn't able to update my card details. None of my cards worked (Revolut, N26, KBC, AIB). Ultimately, I completely cancelled Netflix, then re-subscribed without a VPN and paid one month of Irish prices. Immediately cancelled and when the month was up, "moved" to Argentina.

ThePott wrote: »
    Can you keep the same email/account or do you need to use a new one?

exact same. everything is exact same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

New TRY payment was taken from Revolut today - already says completed :)

EDIT: Actually says delayed from November 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Exact same for me, phew

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

And same here, delayed transaction message and money taken again.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If people weren’t checking Revolut daily I doubt anyone would notice the delayed payment, Revolut seems to be more detailed than aib etc with transaction status like delayed and pending
    I had a McDonald’s payment delayed for almost a week before it went through

Agree. It's only it Netflix tells you there's an issue that you should worry.

My Netflix is on its last day. The plan is to use vpn for Argentina tomorrow to get the top package on my already existing account. I’ll update you as to how it goes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

My Netflix is on its last day. The plan is to use vpn for Argentina tomorrow to get the top package on my already existing account. I’ll update you as to how it goes!!!

just did that yesterday, changed over from Turkey to Argentina but the price is 369 ARS instead of 299 it used to be at so that works out at 5.50 ish
    around 1 euro difference between them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Tried to register via Turkish VPN which didn't work. Have since registered via the Irish version of the site but it will not accept my AIB debit card nor my revolut card. Any ideas?

Advertisement