Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Don't some phones lock to a network after you put in a sim card? Was there one in the phone when you got it? My mum picked up a Samsung a few weeks ago, it came with a sim card already in it (but the sales person still gave her a new sim too, so she ended up with 2...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well the one I got today was for my brother and he is using it right now with an Eir simcard

As I said the Rep might of been wrong.
    dulpit wrote: »
    Don't some phones lock to a network after you put in a sim card? Was there one in the phone when you got it? My mum picked up a Samsung a few weeks ago, it came with a sim card already in it (but the sales person still gave her a new sim too, so she ended up with 2...)

These phones come with sim already inserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

None left in Clearwater 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

They're listed as €170 on the website. Sorry to ask, but are you sure about this?

There was/is a banner on the tesco mobile site that said to call their telesales for clubcard day offers on phones

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and if you don't have a clubcard? what then? tough titty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Can’t find any information about the Lenovo laptops (price and spec). Anybody have any details about them? And also which store may have some left?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

fryup wrote: »

You could have always you know signed up for a clubcard and then you have a clubcard to avail of clubcard day offers
    But keep that to yourself ;)

The internet isn’t for everyone

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Can’t find any information about the Lenovo laptops (price and spec). Anybody have any details about them? And also which store may have some left?

The laptops were €349 for clubcard day (Saturday 6th of July) and regular price was €399

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Well it was called Clubcard Day... clue in the name and all that.
    They had temp ones at the entrance so you could have signed up.

too much effort

• Advertisement

too much effort

But you took the time to post here which takes more effort than signing up for a clubcard :confused:

drive to my nearest tesco and fill in a form....that's driving & writing ...too hard

(you can see what online shopping has done to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

You could have used that temp card straight away forms were on stands at the entrance to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

BandMember wrote: »
    Far better televisions available for around the same money. That's my
    [RANT]
    Blaupunkt and Sharp (in Europe) are made by UMC in Poland brands here

BE WARNED ,Sharp now use RF remotes so can't be used with SKY or Virgin or Freesat or Saorview or any third party remotes, so sucks for most Irish users :mad::mad::mad::mad:

BTW

ANY cheap and cheerful flat screen will have terrible sound , some corners have to be cut. You can use an old HiFi,

Bought the 55" tv yesterday as an impulse buy for our new house and as a replacement for an 10 year old 42".Should I bring it back? We currently only have Saorview, Netflix and YouTube so thought it'd be grand and was good value.

If we do get sky or virgin, surely they come with their own remotes anyway?

Beau wrote: »

Bought the 55" tv yesterday as an impulse buy for our new house and as a replacement for an 10 year old 42".Should I bring it back? We currently only have Saorview, Netflix and YouTube so thought it'd be grand and was good value.

I would personally, check out richer sounds they give 6 year warranty and are very good to deal with

Someone mentions a cheap Hisense here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057994263

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭BandMember

Personally, I would bring it back and give Richersounds a shout...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For me it was a dealbreaker - YMMV

If only use a single box to watch TV or there's never any issue over who has the remote it's not an issue.

But if you want to switch between Saorview and Set Top Box it gets tiresome..

Pick up a universal remote in dealz for €1.50 to test it

Check if the TV has a usable app to control it , older Sharps didn't.
    Turn on CEC so the box's remote can do stuff , again YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Ref Lenovo ,have one great for a while ,but updates stop after a year or so passes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Tefal Filtra One in Dundalk extra, (the newer Tesco) €22.50.

Same as this one in DID : https://www.did.ie/tefal-filtra-one-deep-fat-fryer-white-ff162140-ff162140-prd

6 in stock on the back wall, above the coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Half price clear out in Stillorgan, possible nationwide?
    Own brand hoover reduced to €37.50, wine glasses, hair tongs, mixer, barbeque, kids party items and other items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Half price on some towels. In store yesterday and online today so I guess it's nationwide.

Bath sheets are €5.50 and bath towels are €4.50.

This is one of them https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=302928558

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Canon pixma ts3150 only €15.21 in Tesco in tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€58 for the ink, wonder if there’s any included!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

colm_mcm wrote: »

Usually they come with starter cartridges that are about half full.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

The Tesco ink to fit it is €34 for a twin pack

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wonder how any warranty claims would go if using Tesco’s own non original ink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

The wife bought some of the Tesco own brand ink afew days ago. It was for a HP printer. The ink she normally uses is the HP302 I think but they didn't have it in stock so she bought the Tesco brand that claims to be the same ink. The printer recognized 1 of the cartridges but not the black ink cartridge so we took it back to Tesco.

The girl on the tills said she had the same problem and it has happened afew times and refunded it without a problem so be careful when it comes to the Tesco own brand ink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I've used a PIXMA for a few years now, I get refills done in a cartridge shop for 11 euro black and white and 20 colour. The printer software is built to report no ink on refilled cartridges but you can bypass the errors by holding the button with the red triangle circle icon and it prints as normal. Pic attached

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I wonder how any warranty claims would go if using Tesco’s own non original ink :D

Not an issue if the printer is only 15 quid. Id nearly consider it disposable.

Advertisement