Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is everyone using web chat on their phone within app or on the Pc. Incredibly slow via phone app chat.
    3 rang me 9 times over a few days to offer me this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭A-Train

Only saw this thread this morning. I went on to the web chat, said I was on the rolling €30 sim, wanted a better offer, said I would port to GoMo for €10 a month. Also stated I was aware of their data limitations before they even mentioned anything and that I was happy with it.

They came back with €20 a month offer, I just said I was aware people were getting €10 price match deals. Came back straight away and offered it for 12 months which I took. The whole thing took about 20 mins.

Repeated this for my wife on the exact same Sim plan, again through web chat, got the the exact same €20 offer, went back and they gave the €10 a month offer. Took 15 mins.

So thanks all, now saying €40 a month for at least the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Man this rip off phone racket is coming to a shuddering halt !

Assuming when Gomo offer is over for tenner a month. 3 will match the gomo offer at the time , for those who are still in contract for another while 3

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Do ye think three are going to introduce an offer like GOMO?

I used webchat last night with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Do ye think three are going to introduce an offer like GOMO?

I used webchat last night with no success.

I had no luck either getting a reduction in price. They told me they were intoducing an offer to match GoMo, but when that happens I dont know. It will need to be soon as all their customers that can move will have moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

My contract due up at the start of January and the €10pm was noted on my account for me.

€10 a month rolling contract for 12 months.
    Nice little saver.

Cheers op!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

Great to see that 2 of the 3 networks are offering unlimited mobile for a tenner a month.

My mum will not switch from Vodafone. Are Vodafone price matching too? Anyone tried to the tenner unlimited deal from Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,501 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Szero wrote: »
    Great to see that 2 of the 3 networks are offering unlimited mobile for a tenner a month.

My mum will not switch from Vodafone. Are Vodafone price matching too? Anyone tried to the tenner unlimited deal from Vodafone?

I tried Tesco Mobile.
    No move from them and nothing planned.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Damien360

Yesterday. Got a 30 day Sim only bill pay from €30 to €20 for 12 months. Couldn’t get lower. 7 hours on web chat

Today. Two prepaid Sim only 30 day for €20 each a month. No deal unless I go to 3 store and get bill pay sims and then offer of €15 for 12 months. 3 hours web chat. I’ll do that as I have screen shots of offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

I webchatted again yesterday for my mother and got the deal. They said it is effective from the 12th November. It didn't take long I just said I knew that others had received a price match for €10 pm and they gave it to me.

Took about 10 mins all in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Same experience here.
    Currently on rolling contract 15 euro a month with 3.
    Told them I got my sim from gomo (which I have) and wanted to check if they could price match.
    They told me best they could do was 20 a month. RE-iterated I was already on 15 a month so if that was the best they could do I'd just move to gomo and asked how could I cancel with 3
    Then told me they'd chat to the supervisor ...back a minute later with 10 euro offer effective 15th November.
    All completed in about 10 mins on webchat
    Very happy bunny...cheers OP for giving me the push to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm on Three Business (essentially the old O2 network) and was somewhat hillariously told:

"As you are a business customer so there is no such offers on business account , however you can check for the Prepay offers by visiting the nearest 3 store."

I couldn't be bothered to push them further. The business side obviously isn't hemorrhaging customers as much as the consumer part of the business but I did think they could have a better stock answer and offer to work on addons or new phone to try keep me paying the same price!

Oh well, I'm now saving €40 a month with GoMo. The only area that it's worse is roaming charges but both Three and GoMo were prohibitively expensive here meaning I just get a local sim when travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

Thanks to the OP I've successfully changed from a 30 day SIM only contract to €10 per month with 3.

However I am now having major difficulty cancelling my order with GoMo! I've messaged them three times with the usual notification that they would respond within 24 hours but still haven't heard a thing. My GoMo says the order is in progress.

Any suggestions on how to cancel or any other way of contacting them?

P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

amber2 wrote: »
    I’m On a 30 day rolling contract €30 pm, they offered me a discount of €10, so €20 per month for 12 months, I said no and asked for cancellation to be processed. So here’s hoping for a call back with a better offer.

Call back received and Got the €10 offer, thanks a million OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

Got it sorted
    PatM65 wrote: »
    Thanks to the OP I've successfully changed from a 30 day SIM only contract to €10 per month with 3.

However I am now having major difficulty cancelling my order with GoMo! I've messaged them three times with the usual notification that they would respond within 24 hours but still haven't heard a thing. My GoMo says the order is in progress.

Any suggestions on how to cancel or any other way of contacting them?

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads if you're on pay as you go can you change to bill for €10 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Lads if you're on pay as you go can you change to bill for €10 per month?

It isn't bill.... It 30 day rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I got the new offer at lunchtime with a little persuasion. The girl said it would be active from the next billing cycle. Did anyone get an email afterwards to confirm the new contract, and if so how soon did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I asked for written confirmation and was told that the chat transcript would serve as that. I emailed a copy to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I got the new offer at lunchtime with a little persuasion. The girl said it would be active from the next billing cycle. Did anyone get an email afterwards to confirm the new contract, and if so how soon did you get it?

Its not a new contract, its same contract (30 day rolling) with a different price. So I don't think there's anything for them to send

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

silver2020 wrote: »
    Its not a new contract, its same contract (30 day rolling) with a different price. So I don't think there's anything for them to send

I asked the girl for confirmation and she just said the txt of the conversation could be saved as proof. Wouldn't seem to let me email the transcript on my phone so just screenshoted the important bits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

johnnykilo wrote: »

I got an email the next day saying I was changed to the 30E SIMO plan. even though I agreed to the 20 SIMO plan. My contract doesn't end until 26th of November though so im just gonna call up and cancel once its up and threaten the GOMO move.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I rang them up on last Saturday, told them I had already moved two numbers from them and was in the process of moving the final number to Gomo, like others here, was offered the deal for 20pm, im currently paying 15pm for it with them, old ID customer offer. He then offered me the deal for 15e a month and I refused, then he finally offered to match the GoMo deal for 12 months, same 30 day rolling contract.

Email came through about 10 mins after the call ended

Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-22-30-44.png

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

they tried to give me 15 euro i said that others had got it for 10 , they changed me to 10 for 12 month rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Cheer to the OP for the tip off! I also got reduced from €30 p/m rolling contract to €9.99 p/m for 12 months. Nice little saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sideshow Cecil

Tried this today,was told as a former o2 costumer I’m not entitled to this, in fact they could offer me €30 / month, an increase from what I’m currently paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Some wild speculation ...

Even since GoMo arrived on the scene I have speculated that 48 might be a route to market for Three to compete with GoMo. MAYBE that is about to happen.

Three clues ...

Three have just acquired 48.ie (it was previously owned by an article 48 campaign group).

Three have placed a notice on 48months.ie saying "The 48 website will be down for essential maintenance from 11pm 20th November to 8am 21st November."

Posters here and elsewhere have said that Three have told them that they are preparing to launch a competitive offering to GoMo.

Wild speculation but perhaps Three are going to launch a GoMo competitive offering via 48 on Thursday 21 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zagamuffin

Tks to OP

Just swapped two accounts saving e55 a month for 12 months , nice win 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Three weeks later and I still haven't been moved from prepay to the tenner a month deal and bill pay SIM never sent out to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just got onto 3 chat and said I wanted to cancel & move to Gomo, so I'm now on the unlimited €15pm plan, good saving, happy days, thanks OP.

Advertisement