Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro £229 - Amazon.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My order from eGlobal dispatched today. Got a tracking number. "Central Post 28" is the carrier.

Checkout said delivery in 4-8 days. Should I worry?

Finally in the hands of DPD Belgium today. Hopefully have it Mon/Tues. Cat slow shipping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Fnz wrote: »

I was just about to post this.

Amazon is worth the extra money for the ease of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Fnz wrote: »

Tempting until you read the reviews, seemingly not one of Xiaomi's better efforts, and wifi problems are disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

ordered this but am cancelling after reading about wifi issues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Jet Black wrote: »
    I've a redmi note 5 for the last two years and I wouldn't mind an upgrade now but what's putting me off is the performance of the phone. I've noticed that there's a couple of seconds delay mostly when using the keyboard that's really annoying. It happens in apps too but the keyboard is the worst and could be nonresponse for 5 seconds at a time while using it. It's been like that basically since I got it and my girlfriend has the mi A3 and says the same. Hers still suffers with WiFi problems. I'm thinking that while you get a phone packed with everything for cheap your going to be upgrading it more often.

I am still on a Note 4 & I can't find a reason to change. A friend has a Note 5 & feels the same. Neither of us have experienced the problems you describe & we will both buy another Xiaomi.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

Just ordered it and got another 5 GBP off with GIFT05 (from Honey)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Discodog wrote: »
    I am still on a Note 4 & I can't find a reason to change. A friend has a Note 5 & feels the same. Neither of us have experienced the problems you describe & we will both buy another Xiaomi.

I've had a redmi 4,a 5 plus, a note 7 and now a 9 pro. There's a massive difference between 4 and note 7, huge difference. The battery life on the 9 pro is exceptional, 2 days of heavy use. Incidentally, I've had no problem at all with WiFi. 9 pro is a bit quicker sharper smoother, but not that much better than the Note 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I have an issue that when I type something into Chrome it will switch to a closed page.
    In the video I first tried to recreate it with random words to see if it would switch to an old page and it didn't. Then when I closed the page, opened a new one and started a new reply it started switching back. Seems to happen on any website that you can comment on.

kingstevii wrote: »
    I've had a redmi 4,a 5 plus, a note 7 and now a 9 pro. There's a massive difference between 4 and note 7, huge difference. The battery life on the 9 pro is exceptional, 2 days of heavy use. Incidentally, I've had no problem at all with WiFi. 9 pro is a bit quicker sharper smoother, but not that much better than the Note 7.

Much the same, been up through the phones over the years and now very happy with a Note 7, which really is exceptional for the money, can't see any reason other boredom to upgrade it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempting until you read the reviews, seemingly not one of Xiaomi's better efforts, and wifi problems are disconcerting.
    ordered this but am cancelling after reading about wifi issues...

wifi issues sorted in a recent update , i went from from random loss of wifi to solid wifi with no issues since.
    Battery is just phenomenal,performance is very good too handles everything i throw at it with ease,screen size is perfect for me.
    What more could one want?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Dcully wrote: »
    wifi issues sorted in a recent update , i went from from random loss of wifi to solid wifi with no issues since.
    Battery is just phenomenal,performance is very good too handles everything i throw at it with ease,screen size is perfect for me.

Ad above WiFi was not dropping out, if you hadn't used it in a while it wouldn't work, had to turn WiFi off then on in order to work, as stated problem fixed since last update a few days ago, no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Good deal on the 8T

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8t 64GB Black Smartphone - £114 Via App / £119 Via Website @ Xiaomi UK

https://mobile.mi.com/uk/redmi-note-8-t/

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Jet Black wrote: »
    I have an issue that when I type something into Chrome it will switch to a closed page.

I've also come across this. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Dcully wrote: »

Thanks.. Amazon couldn't cancel so should receive it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Put it in my basket last night planning on buying it today and of course Amazon have it back up to full price now . Anywhere else doing good deals on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Discodog wrote: »
    Good deal on the 8T

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8t 64GB Black Smartphone - £114 Via App / £119 Via Website @ Xiaomi UK

https://mobile.mi.com/uk/redmi-note-8-t/

Is anyone able to buy this? I've tried a few times but it's not going through for me. It goes as far as my bank sending me a code by text but I keep getting an error after that. Very frustrating

It won't work with my KBC card or my revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Put it in my basket last night planning on buying it today and of course Amazon have it back up to full price now . Anywhere else doing good deals on it

Ha yea same as me , I need a new phone badly aswell and this ticked every box for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Ha yea same as me , I need a new phone badly aswell and this ticked every box for me .

Just bought it at e global €207.99 , the same as Amazon when converted.
    Got my last phone there with no problems

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-pro-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-tropical-green-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Eglobal dont have the best reputation according to trusted pilot.ie hope you get the phone promptly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    All bloatware/unnecessary apps can be removed using Android Debug Bridge utility

Does this work and are there any negatives to doing it as another poster mentioned banking apps not working.

I have a Moto g4 and lived it because of the stock android it runs. Phone still perfect 4 years on just 16gb storage doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Tempted by this but not sure of the MI user interface and also buying from eglobal.

Should I just go for it or is there an alternative phone that runs a stock android. The Moto G8 plus is a similar price but probably not speced as well

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just got mine and after a good bit of tinkering it's setup well now.

Had to install an update of the MiUI launcher to get the swipe-up App Drawer on home screen.

Seems fast and nippy, havent put the camera to too much of a test yet but overall pretty pleased for 229 for the 128GB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

On the Xiaomi UK website, they have the grey and white in stock, £20 off in a summer sale, with free wireless ear buds as a gift. Once added to your basket £249.

Has anyone successfully ordered from the UK site to Parcel Motel?

https://mobile.mi.com/uk/redmi-note-9-pro?gid=4202000043#overview

Davexirl wrote: »
    On the Xiaomi UK website, they have the grey and white in stock, £20 off in a summer sale, with free wireless ear buds as a gift. Once added to your basket £249.

https://mobile.mi.com/uk/redmi-note-9-pro?gid=4202000043#overview

I tried with a kbc and revolut card, no luck

Davexirl wrote: »

My daughter just ordered one via Parcel Motel.

My daughter just ordered one via Parcel Motel.

Really? I've tried lots of times and it wouldn't go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Del007 wrote: »
    Really? I've tried lots of times and it wouldn't go through.

Iirc the card had to have the same address as the delivery address.
    Brother ordered a Redmi Note 8 Pro from them but had to get it delivered to someone in London for order to progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

cuculainn wrote: »
    Does this work and are there any negatives to doing it as another poster mentioned banking apps not working.

I have a Moto g4 and lived it because of the stock android it runs. Phone still perfect 4 years on just 16gb storage doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Tempted by this but not sure of the MI user interface and also buying from eglobal.

Should I just go for it or is there an alternative phone that runs a stock android. The Moto G8 plus is a similar price but probably not speced as well

Thanks in advance

Have a Moto G4 64GB, but last November the battery had degraded so badly that I decided to get a Redmi Note 5, couldn't believe it could be so much better than the Moto G4.
    Ordered a Note 9 Pro off Amazon this week, so will throw the Note 5 up on adverts.
    You won't go wrong with a Note 8 or 9.
    After having 2 Moto's before, I'll never go back to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just ordered one on amazon £243.63 for the 6GB/128GB version.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FQRW9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_X.acFbE5K8EMJ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some on adverts from sellers with really excellent rep. i bought mine on there.
    Agreed asking price met the guy and had phone all within 2 hours, €210 for 4GB/64GB unopened box genuine warranty etc, cant go wrong.

Advertisement