Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not going to make it. I'll be at the One act all Ireland finals this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm currently dying with the flu but will let you know, fingers crossed it's gone in the next couple of days (seem to be at the tail end of it). Last thing I want to be is patient zero and infect everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone wear a Penney's XL? Just incase I can an extra thing for lucky dip.
    Almost ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Wont be able to make it unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wont be able to make it unfortunately :(

The curse of Enternow claims it's first victim!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone got room for two going over tonight. Down by Clarehall now but can make our way out to Swords if it’s handier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone got room for two going over tonight. Down by Clarehall now but can make our way out to Swords if it’s handier

Did you contact Cosmic?
    Janey, just read this now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks again for a great evening and don’t forget to look after my amazing farm!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks for once again being fabulous hosts!
    And if you don't take care of Velocity the wonder horse, there's going to be riots...

It was great to see modern streaming technology has reached the level that magical horse fantasies can finally be realised, just breathtaking

• Advertisement

Thanks for everything again.
    Just finished up my other meet up but obvs wasn't as fun. No Toki dreams tonight
    Star Lord wrote: »
    Thanks for once again being fabulous hosts!
    And if you don't take care of Velocity the wonder horse, there's going to be riots...

47b696ad93611a9b13489ee2af1e2085f5d0dbd7.png

Thanks so much for all the gifts! Forgot to come on and say

Thanks so much for all the gifts! Forgot to come on and say

Thanks to you especially, and all the others who put such effort in, it was lovely.

Not sure how folks feel about an A&R Beers in the current climate

Certainly, it was early December when we had the last one and it seems like one should be due...

But then...

So, not sure what people feel about having one, maybe it would be best to wait until later in the Spring, perhaps early Summer, when it might have reached it's natural hiatus.

Let me know here, what your thoughts are

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be worried about you fermentedapplejuicedude.

The coronavirus negatively affects the elderly the most.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd be worried about you fermentedapplejuicedude.

The coronavirus negatively affects the elderly the most.

giphy.gif

Probably for the best to hold off for awhile.
    Maybe we can play something online like on Switch sometime? I dunno which ones definitely have online though off the top of my head

So,
    With, hopefully, the end in sight, I was thinking about planning for a mid-summer Beers in mine, perhaps July.
    We could do most of it in the back garden, projectors, BBQ, Switches, plenty of space for social distancing and plenty of room for some big screen gaming as well.
    It's only two months away but I would imagine things might be a little better, with restrictions less... restricting by then, and it would be a nice treat to see everyone again and share some good times and good company.

Let me know here what you might think and what games/systems might be the best options, thinking of being projected onto the back of my house!

No "I'm Daisy" shenanigans this time!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So,
    With, hopefully, the end in sight, I was thinking about planning for a mid-summer Beers in mine, perhaps July.
    We could do most of it in the back garden, projectors, BBQ, Switches, plenty of space for social distancing and plenty of room for some big screen gaming as well.
    It's only two months away but I would imagine things might be a little better, with restrictions less... restricting by then, and it would be a nice treat to see everyone again and share some good times and good company.

Let me know here what you might think and what games/systems might be the best options, thinking of being projected onto the back of my house!

No "I'm Daisy" shenanigans this time!
    I'm looking forward to it already
    Is it any system?
    What were we playing the last time with the mages? That was fun.
    Or Saturn Bomberman? Did we ever actually set that up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I’d be down for a beers all going well!

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to it already
    Is it any system?
    What were we playing the last time with the mages? That was fun.
    Or Saturn Bomberman? Did we ever actually set that up

Yeah, that would be a great idea, Micro Mages blown up as big as possible, with the NES and a four-player adapter, would be a blast.
    As for Saturn Bombnerman, no, I don't think we ever did, I don't think we had the multi-taps for it.

Master of the Universe

Put me down for this too, be great to have something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'll be along too if this goes ahead. We'll all need it after all this is over.

These keep falling at bad times for me so hopefully can make this one.

Yeah, that would be a great idea, Micro Mages blown up as big as possible, with the NES and a four-player adapter, would be a blast.
    As for Saturn Bombnerman, no, I don't think we ever did, I don't think we had the multi-taps for it.
    Ah! I couldn't remember why.
    Did you get the Taiko Drumming game? I never call it the right name.

Ah! I couldn't remember why.
    Did you get the Taiko Drumming game? I never call it the right name.

I've the drumming game alright but struggle to get a good enough connection with my controllers!

Wired controller any better?
    Wait Streets of Rage is out now ...

Wired controller any better?
    Wait Streets of Rage is out now ...

I know, I bought a physical copy for the Switch... I feel little but shame....

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

!!!!!

Advertisement