Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So im 34

• 19-08-2015 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

And looking to relocate to Australia to work. I am a plastering sub contractor here in Ireland. I am currently working but the rates are still stuck in the 80s'90s and obviously the quality of life in Australia appeals more to me.

I worked previously in Australia in 08/09 on the HWV, looking for advice on what i need to work there again. Do i need to be sponsored by a company before i apply for a visa to work there again? Recommend any companies to use for application?

if anyone has been in a similar situation or know what is needed be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

gavdolfini wrote: »
    And looking to relocate to Australia to work. I am a plastering sub contractor here in Ireland. I am currently working but the rates are still stuck in the 80s'90s and obviously the quality of life in Australia appeals more to me.

I worked previously in Australia in 08/09 on the HWV, looking for advice on what i need to work there again. Do i need to be sponsored by a company before i apply for a visa to work there again? Recommend any companies to use for application?

if anyone has been in a similar situation or know what is needed be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You need to do a lot more research than you seem to have done so far to be honest. If you're not willing to do the research then you should probably just forget about it. You will find it extremely difficult to get sponsored unless you know of a company that is willing to sponsor you without seeing you working. Would you hire an Australian that you have never seen working knowing that you could be stuck with him for a couple of years and it would cost thousands to either hire or fire him?
    I'm not sure if plastering is on the skills list for residency but you'll be able to find out from the immigration website. The first step would be to get in touch with a migration agent. Have a look on the MARA website to find one.
    It's not going to be easy for you to get a visa for Australia but best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Madilyn Crashing Rafter

No need for sponsorship, you'd likely be in demand as 'independent migrant' as these feature on the 'Skilled Occupations List' (SOL) 2015.

Fibrous Plasterer 333211 TRA
    Solid Plasterer 333212 TRA

Just validate your skills with Trades Recognition Australia, and pass few other bits of criteria.

Ask the Google...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

cheers:)

Advertisement