Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Looking to neet new people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Im in abbeyleix. Meself and herself walk the dogs on the bog here. If anyone wants to join us, message me and we can sort out for extra puppys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

What about a golf lesson? I'd love to learn. Maybe a Saturday morning? Or an evening during the week as nights get brighter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I was hoping by the time I got to the end of this thread, ye all would have met up at last but no....

Why don't you pick a date and see who can make it?
    E.g. Saturday 20th Feb, Lethean 3pm.

http://www.letheanbar.com/

Disclaimer (I'm from Laois but don't even live in the country at the moment. I just feel like ye need a push!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jennyjones91

A push is what we need.

Let's meet at the blue door at 7 next Friday 19th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A push is what we need.

Let's meet at the blue door at 7 next Friday 19th Feb.

Let's put it this way, if 4 of yee meet up there on a busy sat night, you'd have doubled the number of people usually there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Anybody want to start a book club or movie club? Maybe a meet up and have cakes club? 30yo

The Dunamaise Art Centre screens movies on Wednesdays. Sometimes it's weekly, other times it's every ten days or so. It's all indie/art-house stuff. There used to be a strong emphasis on foreign-language but the past while it seems to be mostly English-language. The releases are usually about 6 months behind the theatrical release. This Wednesday coming it's Todd Haynes' Carol.

Anyway, that's one option for a film club.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The Dunamaise Art Centre screens movies on Wednesdays. Sometimes it's weekly, other times it's every ten days or so. It's all indie/art-house stuff. There used to be a strong emphasis on foreign-language but the past while it seems to be mostly English-language. The releases are usually about 6 months behind the theatrical release. This Wednesday coming it's Todd Haynes' Carol.

That's a great idea. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

Your user name is genius. I love those movies with Eastwood and the ape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Keehar wrote: »
    Your user name is genius. I love those movies with Eastwood and the ape.

Cheers! :D I've so many good memories of watching those movies as child, with my dad. And they still hold up. Brilliant films.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

Ok so what's the plans guys... im still game :)

Well I don't think people are fans of the blue door. I've never been myself. But anyone any other decision??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

now I don't mean to pry, and I don't live in Laois, and I'm not looking to meet extra people.....but seriously folks, will yea all just make the jump and met up for a cup of coffee and a walk, someone has to jump first, just pick a place and a time and say you'll be there.
    What's the worst that can happen, you met up, don't like each other, have nothing in common and just go back to life ...
    go on... be brave

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

Yeah I agree. If Right Turn Clyde shows up at least I know we can have a laugh about those brilliant Clint Eastwood movies lol.

So where and when are we meeting??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluerigel

Morning Runners Portlaoise.

If anyone's interested, I'm starting a social group for people interested in running before work during the week.
    It would be on Tuesday mornings at 6am and the runs would be around the town.

So for anyone interested just search facebook for "morning runners portlaoise"

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shellyheffo

Hi jennyjones

Did you have any luck? Im 29 living down here about 7 years and havent had much luck finding friends. Probably just havent tried hard enough.