Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung 27 inch curved full hd monitor £124.99 @ Amazon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Basil3 wrote: »
    What was your actual dispatch day? I think I ordered on Monday, with dispatch yesterday.

I'm mainly going to use it for Xbox and an external monitor for my laptop, so hoping it's fine for that. Should be an improvement on my cheap 24" monitor anyway.

Dispatch was Tuesday for me same day I ordered it.
    p15574 wrote: »
    Will you be using it as a monitor? If so, do let us know if there's a blurriness issue and at what resolution you're using it, please.

I am using it as a monitor yeah, using 1080p full resolution and nope I don't notice any blurriness issue at all. Text looks clear to me, I'm, trying to spot said blurriness but having a hard time doing so, looks clear to me!

Very happy with monitor thus far. Just out of the box everything on the screen looks fine with me didnt mess with settings I turned on the Samsung magic upscale and the picture does look marginally better for me. Videos all looked perfect, no eye strain as far as I can tell, gaming is all good as well you can mess around with settings to put response time to fastest for best result.

So anyway happy enough with purchase time will tell but I'd recommend it but I'm no expert, will probably still use my 4 year old Asus monitor 27' but this samsung one seems to have better colour brightness etc. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

thanks for clearing that up! out of interest what colour is the monitor? reviews online say that some people were sent silver and others were sent blue/black monitors

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

SSeanSS wrote: »
    thanks for clearing that up! out of interest what colour is the monitor? reviews online say that some people were sent silver and others were sent blue/black monitors

Black one is what I got. The monitor stand was a bit awkward to get it to click in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Contacted support to expedite delivery but was told to cancel & resubmit order.
    New delivery is now 11 Sept - 13 Nov.
    Hopefully it gets delivered next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Did the same myself using live chat.
    wandererz wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

wandererz wrote: »

I had cancelled my order and then reordered yesterday. Delivery was showing Sept 10 - Nov 12. But it's been updated now with 10-18 Sept.... Anyone else get theirs?

Mine arrived this morning, which was the original delivery date before they moved it to Monday. Tracking hadn't updated since Wednesday night.

Overall, really pleased with it. Assembly took about 1 minute, colours much richer and blacks a lot blacker than my old monitor. No signs of blurriness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's £206 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

It's £206 now

No, it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Got mine on Friday. Was hoping for a silver one but it's black. Anyone know how to turn it off so that the little blue light turns off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Any more people receive theirs and what is the feedback.Have ordered one and want to make sure it is worth it.

My delivery data has moved from November to September 25th.

Synode wrote: »
    Got mine on Friday. Was hoping for a silver one but it's black. Anyone know how to turn it off so that the little blue light turns off?
    There is an option in the setting menu to turn it off while it's on or on standby...
    Tweaky wrote: »
    Any more people receive theirs and what is the feedback.Have ordered one and want to make sure it is worth it.

Just set it up after coming this morning. Text looks fine to me. I think it's well worth it. Coming from a 15" laptop the screen is a vast improvement.havent and don't play any games so wouldn't know about that aspect . I cancelled and reordered, glad I did.

Tweaky wrote: »

I'll add that screen is absolutely perfect - no text blurring whatsoever so no idea why people are saying that - perhaps they just got a dodgy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Mine arrived today, just ordered the matching one for the set.

Thanks op

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Flashdan

Mine arrived and it is great, no problems at all. I think the default brightness was a bit high but apart from that, great.

My friend ordered one and it said 1-2 months delivery. He got it in a week. He also thinks its a really good screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Anyone using it as a monitor? Is the text too big given its such a large screen with FHD resolution?

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Anyone using it as a monitor? Is the text too big given its such a large screen with FHD resolution?

I use it as a work monitor. I've been using a 27 inch Philips for a few years and it's the exact same as that. Not sure what you'd define as 'too big'. I sometimes zoom out on Excel to get more into the screen

Synode wrote: »
    I use it as a work monitor. I've been using a 27 inch Philips for a few years and it's the exact same as that. Not sure what you'd define as 'too big'. I sometimes zoom out on Excel to get more into the screen

Must be fine so. I'm tempted to get one. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Flashdan

Mine is used for HD gaming, and its great. If you had a amazing PC gamer setup then you would want 144mhz 4k etc

I still want to buy one for me as I gave the one i got to my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FutbolCian

Price gone to £219.35 now.

• Advertisement

FutbolCian wrote: »
    Price gone to £219.35 now.

Back to 124.99 looking now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Very nice screen, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Thanks OP set mine up the other night and it is excellent. Arrived within a few days even though originally it had oct/nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I ordered one last week, and the whole thing's been a shambles. The tracking has been like the weather, changeable. One day it was going to be delivered on 26th September, then it changed to "from the 19th to 26th", then it was handed to the courier in Rugby on Sunday, then they grabbed the money from my credit card.

This morning it was still the same Rugby info on the tracking. I started a chat with them, asking why, if it was in the hands of a courier, was it not getting delivered before 26th. "Anjli" waffled for a bit, then eventually told me that there was a delivery hold up at the courier end, but that I would still get the monitor by 26th.

About half an hour after finishing the chat, I checked the tracking again. This time it said that An Post couldn't deliver it, and that it was going to sent back. As I work from home, I knew damn well that no one had tried to deliver anything.

I then rang Amazon and spoke to another bod whose accent was hard to follow. He started telling me that it was "un-deliverable" because it was probably damaged in transit or something, and they'd send a replacement or give me a refund. I settled on a replacement, and again told him that no one had tried to deliver anything, damaged or not.

He disappeared for a while, then came back to tell me that the item had been removed from their site, mumbling about problems with the whole consignment, and then offered me a refund.

After all the faffing around, that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Seems to be gone now, damn, after humming and hawing for a while I missed this. Will likely pop up again I'm sure/hopefully if camelcamelcamel is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I ordered one last week, and the whole thing's been a shambles. The tracking has been like the weather, changeable. One day it was going to be delivered on 26th September, then it changed to "from the 19th to 26th", then it was handed to the courier in Rugby on Sunday, then they grabbed the money from my credit card.

This morning it was still the same Rugby info on the tracking. I started a chat with them, asking why, if it was in the hands of a courier, was it not getting delivered before 26th. "Anjli" waffled for a bit, then eventually told me that there was a delivery hold up at the courier end, but that I would still get the monitor by 26th.

About half an hour after finishing the chat, I checked the tracking again. This time it said that An Post couldn't deliver it, and that it was going to sent back. As I work from home, I knew damn well that no one had tried to deliver anything.

I then rang Amazon and spoke to another bod whose accent was hard to follow. He started telling me that it was "un-deliverable" because it was probably damaged in transit or something, and they'd send a replacement or give me a refund. I settled on a replacement, and again told him that no one had tried to deliver anything, damaged or not.

He disappeared for a while, then came back to tell me that the item had been removed from their site, mumbling about problems with the whole consignment, and then offered me a refund.

After all the faffing around, that was that.

Their Customer Service has gone from outstanding to a shambles. A few weeks back I ordered an Otterbox iPhone Cover for a certain phone in a specific colour. They sent the wrong colour, and the cover was for a completely different phone. Took almost 4 weeks to sort. The end result? They refunded me after promising they'd send a replacement for 3.9 of those 4 weeks.

Seems to be gone now, damn, after humming and hawing for a while I missed this. Will likely pop up again I'm sure/hopefully if camelcamelcamel is anything to go by.

As I explained, the "bargain" was removed after I spoke to the fella. in fact someone probably removed it before I finished talking to him.

Amazon have been a joke for a long time. I even signed for the Prime free trial to see if I could speed things up, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. I certainly won't carry on after the trial period's finished.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As I explained, the "bargain" was removed after I spoke to the fella. in fact someone probably removed it before I finished talking to him.

Amazon have been a joke for a long time. I even signed for the Prime free trial to see if I could speed things up, and it didn't make a blind bit of difference. I certainly won't carry on after the trial period's finished.
    Have to say i have had at least 20 deliveries through prime recently and all have been smooth. And amazingly quick. They were absolutely shocking beofre , using the free delivery option. Also got this, "bargain" as you say, I knew it would be slower than the two days that I'm used to now with prime but as it said it would be a few weeks, can't remember exactly. Came within a week though.

Have to say i have had at least 20 deliveries through prime recently and all have been smooth. And amazingly quick. They were absolutely shocking beofre , using the free delivery option. Also got this, "bargain" as you say, I knew it would be slower than the two days that I'm used to now with prime but as it said it would be a few weeks, can't remember exactly. Came within a week though.

I did order another monitor, a 27" iiyama, which was about €50 cheaper than Elara's weekly offer. It was just as well that I did, because I discovered that my "refund" wasn't a refund as such, but they'd used it to credit me with a gift card balance.

Had I not bought another monitor from them, I'd probably be fighting to get a proper refund. As it turned out, they just grabbed another €28 to cover the balance.

We'll see what happens this time.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

They normally refund back the way you paid

I just get everything now with free prime delivery ,open a.new.account.when it runs out

There's nowhere else online comparable while it lasts

Advertisement