Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2019

• 27-07-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Think I'm the first... due 7th April baby number 2. A 24 mth old at home who won't be happy when he finds out!
    Still 2 days before period due but 3 different brands show faint positive. Happy as we were trying a loooong time!

edit..Mod please change date of thread.. just realised it'll be 2019!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Just found out this week wife is pregnant with our first!! Went to the doctor today, due early April!!
    Can't quite believe it yet, we're so excited!! Please bear with me as there will be tonnes of questions!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mini15

Just found out today, baby no 2, delighted and nervous!! Already thinking of public or private, went public for no 1, like the idea of seeing the same Doc at every visit! What are ye thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Mini15 wrote: »
    Just found out today, baby no 2, delighted and nervous!! Already thinking of public or private, went public for no 1, like the idea of seeing the same Doc at every visit! What are ye thinking?
    Big congrats Mini15!!
    We're most likely going to go private, our GP was quite in favour of it and I know my wife would be a lot happier.

Congrats skuxx and maxsmum, exciting times, my gp off this week so will see her next Wednesday and see who she recommends, haven’t had any luck googling private consultants in our lady of Lourdes hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Congrats all
    Going private again this time, had a good experience before so it's an easy choice for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 marymurphy3214

Found out on Monday and am in absolute shock. Have now done 4 tests because it doesn't feel real. Totally unplanned and has thrown us completely. I'm lucky to have a supportive partner but I am due to start a job next July (pending finishing my degree well in March!) so feel lost. The to-do list is massive but it also feels so early? Any resources or recommendations for where to start with care appreciated.

Hi Mary, congratulations, obviously it’s a big shock to you when you weren’t planning to get pregnant but at least you will have your degree finished before your due date and your new job should be able to reschedule your start date to allow you take your full maternity leave.
    I’d recommend downloading some of the pregnancy apps, they’re great for info, but you should go to your GP to have the pregnancy confirmed and they will advise you on the next steps care wise.
    It takes a little while for the news to sink in, even if you’ve been trying for a long time so give yourself a chance to get used to the news, this time next week you may feel a lot different about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marymurphy3214

Thanks Mini! Yes, we've been taking it slow to get used to it. Have 4 positive tests done now (bonkers, I know!) so next step will be GP! Am very lucky in lots of ways so trying not to worry too much.

How is everyone feeling? I am 5+3 now and really feel okay. I forgot how worrying it is not to know what's going on. Booked in for first scan, around the 8 week mark. So just hopeful that all is developing ok until then.

Hi all, doing ok here too, went to gp today, got referral letter for consultant, have epau appointment week after next, these early days go very slowly!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Hey ladies

Due number three here on 19th april
    Well, in or around, was over and induce on first two kids so not expecting anything less this time 😊

Feeling exhausted, but prob to be expected with a six and almost four yr old (on Wed)

Had a puke this morning, and one last Sunday.. If it stays that sparce I'll be delighted!!!

Hope ye are all keeping well

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Hi Ladies,

You can count me in too for the 19th for my first :)

We had been trying for a long time and I had actually had a lap & dye done on the 13th August for fertility investigations but apparently had a little stowaway that didn't turn up on the urine test (or as I suspect no-one bothered to check).

Was scanned last week as they consider me high-risk due to the above and no-one can tell me the possible implications of full general anesthesia and radioactive dye so still very scary.

Exhausted and nauseous but only one vom so far; finding it hard to hide at work but still such early days.

Congrats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ladies,

First timer here too! So very excited! Got a strong positive on a cheapy test yesterday morning. I was a week late and am normally regular to the day but just had a mental few days and never thought of it until yesterday. A clear blue last night confirmed, pregnant 3+. It’s the weirdest feeling. Went to the doc before work this morning & couldnt go to the toilet for him to test, so back in the morning. He was sending me away for 24hrs anyways to think about hospitals and what type of care etc. So once that’s done tomorrow I guess it will feel more real. I literally have zero symptoms! But hoping it sticks!
    Best of luck to everyone, what a special feeling it is but so hard not to turn to your nearest and dearest ladies for advice and their experiences, especially when it’s a whole new world!

Due 28th April 2019 :)

Had my first scan at 9 weeks. Mad to see tiny arms waving and the heartbeat flickering away. Had panorama test done too so hopefully will get all clear in a week or so.
    Makes the nausea kind of worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Hi Maxsmum, did you GP do the panorama test for you or the hospital? Not sure who i approach about it. Thanks.

Hospital!

How are we all doing ladies

I'm just gone 8 weeks now since Friday

Dry heaving has started and exhausted beyond belief.

Got my first hos appt, 9th Oct. Will be just over the 13 weeks. Think castlebar does a scan then too. They used to anyway. Alot seems yo have changed in the four plus yrs since I've been

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Hi ladies,

nervously joining this group :) First timer here, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. I've already had two scans, the most recent last week, due to two previous miscarriages this past year. We got to see our little bean and got the thumbs up but I'm still very anxious. Symptoms have lessened the past few days which is making me worried but I know that can be perfectly normal around this time so I'm trying not to read too much into it! I suppose I shouldn't complain about feeling so good! My next scan is in just over 2 weeks and once we get on well then we will tell all the family fingers crossed :)

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

nervously joining this group :) First timer here, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow. I've already had two scans, the most recent last week, due to two previous miscarriages this past year. We got to see our little bean and got the thumbs up but I'm still very anxious. Symptoms have lessened the past few days which is making me worried but I know that can be perfectly normal around this time so I'm trying not to read too much into it! I suppose I shouldn't complain about feeling so good! My next scan is in just over 2 weeks and once we get on well then we will tell all the family fingers crossed :)

Thats awful, glad to hear all is well so far. Will cross everything for you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Hi all, first time pregnancy here due mid April. Found out in early August so time is going very slow! Very excited and nervous! Went for an early scan a few weeks ago and all seems to be going well. Feeling very nauseous and exhausted morning noon and night but I guess that’s to be expected 😁

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I was back in the EPU on Thursday for my third scan (due to spotting since Monday morning) and got the all clear. Measured exaxtly as I should have and saw my little passenger moving around with a great heartbeat. Still experiencing the spotting and the nurse or my GP couldn’t give me any explainatiom other than reassuring me that everything looks good. I was diagnosed with cervical erosion 2 years ago so I’m just hoping that it’s all due to my very sensitive cervix. But every morning now when I get up I dread seeing the spotting but try to reassure myself because I have zero pain and it’s only a few bits of pink. This pregnancy is straight after my last miscarriage hence the heightened anxiety.

My next scan is the 28th so I’m aiming to just relax until then and try not to drive myself crazy over analyzing everything, but it’s so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I was back in the EPU on Thursday for my third scan (due to spotting since Monday morning) and got the all clear. Measured exaxtly as I should have and saw my little passenger moving around with a great heartbeat. Still experiencing the spotting and the nurse or my GP couldn’t give me any explainatiom other than reassuring me that everything looks good. I was diagnosed with cervical erosion 2 years ago so I’m just hoping that it’s all due to my very sensitive cervix. But every morning now when I get up I dread seeing the spotting but try to reassure myself because I have zero pain and it’s only a few bits of pink. This pregnancy is straight after my last miscarriage hence the heightened anxiety.

My next scan is the 28th so I’m aiming to just relax until then and try not to drive myself crazy over analyzing everything, but it’s so hard.

Carleigh just popping in from October thread to say I spotted brown pink and red for nigh on three weeks in early pregnancy. No cause found and here I am almost 36 weeks with no issues. Fingers crossed it’s the same for you

We got sad news from our Panorama test and have amnio scheduled for Monday but it looks like bad news so will probably bow out ladies. Best of luck with your pregnancies all x

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

maxsmum wrote: »
    We got sad news from our Panorama test and have amnio scheduled for Monday but it looks like bad news so will probably bow out ladies. Best of luck with your pregnancies all x

Very sorry to hear that. Hope you’re doing ok x

Thank you
    We had CVS procedure and the results confirmed an abnormality so we will have to travel to UK next week. Very tough seeing Simon Harris trying to get the legislation through on the news given the timing of this. Good luck everyone else xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

maxsmum wrote: »
    Thank you
    We had CVS procedure and the results confirmed an abnormality so we will have to travel to UK next week. Very tough seeing Simon Harris trying to get the legislation through on the news given the timing of this. Good luck everyone else xx

Awh maxmum just dropping in from the October thread to say I’m so sorry. Look after yourselves and will be thinkjng of you x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Hi everyone!

Maxsmum, I saw your post at the time, and I was so sorry to read it. I hope you are taking care of yourself XXX

As for me, were only after going public and some friends know my username which is why I'm so late joining. Almost 14 weeks now with a 2 year old here as well. Overall iv been feeling pretty good so far, pregnancy so far has been very similar to no.1.

I hope everyone's keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

scarepanda wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Maxsmum, I saw your post at the time, and I was so sorry to read it. I hope you are taking care of yourself XXX

As for me, were only after going public and some friends know my username which is why I'm so late joining. Almost 14 weeks now with a 2 year old here as well. Overall iv been feeling pretty good so far, pregnancy so far has been very similar to no.1.

I hope everyone's keeping well!

Hi ScarePanda,

I’m 15+3 today, due on 3rd April! This thread is very quiet at the moment hopefully it’ll get a bit busier over next few months!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

cant believe I'm 15 weeks today! Getting to the stage now where I don't think I can hide it much longer. My 12 week scan went great and my next scan is this Friday, I'm excited but dreading it at the same time! I've had a small bit of spotting this morning (first time in a few weeks) but it was after a tough trip to the bathroom so I'm trying not to read too much into it.

My constant nausea seems to have lifted the past few day at last. Even driving to work was a struggle every morning. But I'm exhausted every evening, usually asleep on the couch by 8pm :o I've been very unsociable the past few weeks but now that I'm feeling a bit better I'm doing a bit of travelling with work tomorrow so I'm excited to get out and about.

Maxsmum, thinking of you and hoping you are taking care of yourself x

Advertisement