Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

November 2018 Babies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Jutton wrote: »
    I'm going to Drogheda hospital, anyone any experience here, I've read some hospitals don't give you a scan until week 17-20.
    Anyone know what Drogheda does.
    Is many people planning on an early private scan?
    If I don't get word by week 10 think I might go private to put mind at ease.

I think I will be having this baby in Drogheda but I had my last baby in Galway so I don't know about their scans.

Last time I had a private scan in Mullingar in scanme.ie I would highly recommend her she is so lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls (and boys) congrats to all. I am tentatively saying hello. I had an early miscarriage in Dec. I am about 5+5 today. Is anyone else having no symptoms?

I'm kinda worried today as I feel totally normal. I have a doctor's appointment Friday. I am hoping I am worried over nothing .

This will be my second baby. I have a 2 1/2 year old.

Hi Cowlove! Congrats and welcome!! I’ve had little to no symptoms up until the last week or so I’m 7+4, really only starting to get the nausea now. The only things I had from the start was some cramps and slightly sore boobs but kinda just felt like period symptoms!
    Hopefully you are worrying over nothing alright!

SuzieQCork wrote: »
    Hi Cowlove! Congrats and welcome!! I’ve had little to no symptoms up until the last week or so I’m 7+4, really only starting to get the nausea now. The only things I had from the start was some cramps and slightly sore boobs but kinda just felt like period symptoms!
    Hopefully you are worrying over nothing alright!
    Thanks Suzie! That is reassuring! It's just a waiting game ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Hi,
    Wife’s Pregnancy test came up positive today,she’s telling me she’s technically 4 weeks gone,a fact I’m struggling to grasp as conception was likely around 11days ago!...can anyone explain that one to me in layman’s terms!
    I’m not new to this,we have a four year old!;~|

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Hi,
    Wife’s Pregnancy test came up positive today,she’s telling me she’s technically 4 weeks gone,a fact I’m struggling to grasp as conception was likely around 11days ago!...can anyone explain that one to me in layman’s terms!
    I’m not new to this,we have a four year old!;~|

Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period (or your wife's 😉)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

cowlove wrote: »
    Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period (or your wife's 😉)

Thanks cowlove !....I’m still failing to get my head around how a 40week gestation period can be “backdated” depending on a menstural cycle start date!.....anyways I think I’ll put it to the back of my mind and hope all goes well in Nov ‘18!

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Thanks cowlove !....I’m still failing to get my head around how a 40week gestation period can be “backdated” depending on a menstural cycle start date!.....anyways I think I’ll put it to the back of my mind and hope all goes well in Nov ‘18!

Yeah I can't really get my head around it either, but I think the thinking behind it is, you 'could' get pregnant any time from that date.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's just their way of counting....really a baby is full term at 38 weeks.But because they count from start of period, that basically adds an extra two weeks or so on,(although one week of that is usually a woman's period and the second is building to ovulation) so we talk about 40 weeks of pregnancy.It's a very broad brushstroke way of counting.

Fundamentally from a female point of view it means you're "pregnant" for ten months no matter what anyone says!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GreenVelvet

Well I am out, sad to say I am miscarrying today at 5 weeks 2 days :( Symptoms disappeared over the weekend, tested yesterday 'Not pregnant' and started bleeding this evening. Been in this boat before so have an idea what to expect. DH is away tonight and DS is sick so I am feeling embattled to say the least.

Best of luck to you all for the coming months xx

Well I am out, sad to say I am miscarrying today at 5 weeks 2 days :( Symptoms disappeared over the weekend, tested yesterday 'Not pregnant' and started bleeding this evening. Been in this boat before so have an idea what to expect. DH is away tonight and DS is sick so I am feeling embattled to say the least.

So sorry GreenVelvet. I had a miscarriage in Dec. Hugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

So very sorry green velvet x

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

I haven't been on in a little while, it's nice to see our group growing! Congratulations to all the new mums-to-be :)
    Jutton wrote: »
    I'm going to Drogheda hospital, anyone any experience here, I've read some hospitals don't give you a scan until week 17-20.
    Anyone know what Drogheda does.
    Is many people planning on an early private scan?
    If I don't get word by week 10 think I might go private to put mind at ease.

I had one about 12-13weeks there, followed by one about 20 weeks or so. It's a good hospital, just don't park on site, it's expensive :\

So sorry to hear that, take care of yourself xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I suppose I’ll join too! Number #3 for me all going well. Still in shock really, my other two took a year trying each time and this little one took no thought at all. Hoping for a nice and smooth 9 months.
    I’m only early but have no appetite and my mouth is constantly filling with a bitter taste. I’m due around 22nd November but given my other two were two weeks late I should probably migrate to the December thread haha!

Betsie! We meet again! Hope your June 2016 baba is doing well :)

Green velvet sorry to hear that. Mind yourself x

We meet again digs :) he is flying it thank god no fear of him at all x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

So sorry green velvet, can't imagine what your feeling.
    Take care and be good to yourself xxx

Digs wrote: »
    I suppose I’ll join too! Number #3 for me all going well.

Congratulations Digs :)

I went to the doctor yesterday and he is referring me to the midwife led unit in Drogheda but he said they might move me out as I am 37. Nice to know I am low risk even after miscarriage

Got date for first scan in Drogheda yesterday, April 19th!!
    Delighted its not to far away , prob won't bodder with early scan now, just hang on for then.
    Anyone else feeling like time is going so slow, I feel like i found out I was pregnant 6 months ago :) all d nerves and excitement makes things drag.

• Advertisement

Ye have the ball rolling on appointments girls, it’s exciting when dates start rolling in!

I’m a bit laid back this time, I’m not sure if I have to go to the GP but I’ll book in an early scan for a week or two. I can self refer to Holles Street online which is handy.

I survived dinner out wearing actual jeans and not legggings. The bloat is unreal!! Hope everyone is feeling good :)

Digs wrote: »
    Ye have the ball rolling on appointments girls, it’s exciting when dates start rolling in!

I’m a bit laid back this time, I’m not sure if I have to go to the GP but I’ll book in an early scan for a week or two. I can self refer to Holles Street online which is handy.

I survived dinner out wearing actual jeans and not legggings. The bloat is unreal!! Hope everyone is feeling good :)

My bloating has eased a bit thankfully so my jeans are feeling a bit more comfy apart from one new pair I bought a few weeks ago, there is no give in the waistband so they dig in a bit so I did the old bobble trick and they were fine!!

Just back from a lovely meal out with our friends and as soon as I finished eating the nausea hit me. That’s a new one for me now at night after I eat, for the last couple of weeks it’s been mornings before I eat! Had to go home and go to bed!! Lucky the hubby is fine with that so at least I’m not the only one in bed at 11 on a Saturday night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone.
    Baby number 2 due 29th of November 😊
    Very very happy and relieved. It's taken us the guts of a year to conceive. This will be number 2 for us.
    Anyone know if there is a facebook group yet??
    I found them so helpful on my last pregnancy.
    Hope everyone is doing well so far!

I’m lucky if I see 8pm these days, usually we get the kids to bed and then I’m in my pjs. Luckily my husband is more than happy to have the TV to himself, might be a result of being surrounded by girls all day!

Hey everyone X

Tiredness is killing me here I'm not able for anything , we went away the weekend and all I wanted to do was sleep X

Anf as for the nausea no comment I'm over it already xx hoping to get to the Dr this week at some stage X

Thankfully my nausea is not too bad, but I am constantly falling asleep on couch.
    We headed away last weekend and on d last night I hit d sack by 8pm, was heaven.
    My OH silently gets annoyed by me missing d whole film/TV programme :)

I wouldn’t mind if I could sleep properly either, my dreams are mental!!

Sorry to hear your nausea is bad Betsie. I wouldn’t rate mine as bad yet, it’s just constant low lying bleeeeh.

Ah look hopefully the feeling will go soon just hate it X took a half day today I'm not sleeping great at night waking maybe 7/8times to pee or just wake for no reason,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Susiewk25

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is getting on ok so far and that the tiredness and nausea is bearable 😊

What's the consensus on getting a facebook group going?? I found them so helpful last time!

If people are up for it i could get one going.

• Advertisement

Susiewk25 wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is getting on ok so far and that the tiredness and nausea is bearable 😊

What's the consensus on getting a facebook group going?? I found them so helpful last time!

If people are up for it i could get one going.

Hey Susie!! I love that idea, I was looking for the eumoms November birth group but it looks like they don’t have it set up yet!

Advertisement