Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When to see GP after positive pregnancy test?

• 12-11-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, is it too early to book appointment with gp????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I dont think so. All they generally do is refer you to the maternity hospital. I usually went around 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Around now is totally fine! They’ll go through your care options and a few other checks. May refer you to your chosen hospital (Holles Street you can self refer) and if you’re doing combined care will sign you up for that!

I went around the 6 week mark on my first two. My third I managed to make it in at 18 weeks for my first appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, is it too early to book appointment with gp????

Congrats on your positive test:) I'm also 5 weeks (slightly less even) and had went to GP on Saturday to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Congrats! I was about 6 weeks when I found out and went to the GP's straight away. It just meant I could get the ball rolling on the combined care and get the forms into the hospital too. The Coombe also allow self-referral. It's good to get the forms in early enough & they'll work out your appointments for you. The midwife I met with for my 12 week booking-in app said it helps them when the get the forms in early as they can have everything set up and scheduled in. They understand that sometimes people don't know until later though.

Advertisement