Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda October intake 2018

• 18-06-2018 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Will start this up just to be on the safe side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Clono wrote: »
    Will start this up just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully you'll be signed off in time for second round offers for July

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Hopefully you'll be signed off in time for second round offers for July

Not gonna hold my breath, emailed this morning still no reply, normally they are quick enough to email back.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Best of luck to ye lad's, just started the application process there myself. Are ye waiting long?

Not gonna hold my breath, emailed this morning still no reply, normally they are quick enough to email back.

I'd imagine they're fairly busy acknowledging offers. You never know though fingers crossed.

Gadaves wrote: »
    Best of luck to ye lad's, just started the application process there myself. Are ye waiting long?

I'm from Sept 2016 campaign OOM low 600s and have received an offer for July. Best of luck with application.

• Advertisement

I'm from September 16 oom 600's also file been in commissioners office for nearly two months now still waiting.

I'm from September 16 oom 600's also file been in commissioners office for nearly two months now still waiting.

Maybe worth asking what is the hold up?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Haha what’s long? I’m waiting since September 2016. In my time waiting to get Into the guards I have applied successfully to the army .. completed 7 months of training and have a year and a half’s service done hahahaha is that long enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Medical done since April. Met the Local Sergant start of June. Provisonal date for PCT July 14th so fingrs crossed all going well I make the Oct Intake. Im from June 2017 Campaign with OOM of Low 300s. Anyone else in the same boat??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy290

I’m from June 2017, fitness July 7th, so hopefully October/November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Medical done since April. Met the Local Sergant start of June. Provisonal date for PCT July 14th so fingrs crossed all going well I make the Oct Intake. Im from June 2017 Campaign with OOM of Low 300s. Anyone else in the same boat??

Im june 2017 completed the fitness test last saturday just waiting now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

What is OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

What is OOM?

Order Of Merit

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I'm from june 2107 campaign, oom low 40s. 14th july have pct, also hoping for oct intake

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Hey Guys, this is the intake I’m hoping for that’s why I never posted in the other ones. I’m June 2017 campaign OOM mid 600’s medical was deferred because of vision so that’s all sorted now and waiting for PCT date. Fingers crossed really want this intake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

eyeing this 1 myself June 17 medical super meetings done OOM 190-200 waiting on the physical. I seen one guy who had his medical a week before mine get his pct date so i expect the date very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

I suppose nobody will be able to stab a guess at what date the offers will be out of for this intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

I suppose nobody will be able to stab a guess at what date the offers will be out of for this intake!

Week of 10th of Sept or 17th of Sept.

btw super told me he expects at least 2 more intakes this year

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

mrDerek wrote: »

Did the super tell you the months in which he/she thinks the intakes will be?

• Advertisement

With the way the April and July intake have been could be looking at offers been given out end of September maybe even some later up to 2nd week of October

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kcharters91!

So are we thinking that starting date for induction will be middle of October with fully starting in November and offers out in sept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

So are we thinking that starting date for induction will be middle of October with fully starting in November and offers out in sept?
    Have you repeated your PCT successfully

yeah thats what I reckon. offers will start after 1st week of september with First induction due mid october and the week after the 2nd group for induction. starting 1st week of November

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

I wonder will this happen before the end of the year time and space would be tight for this for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HarryKell7

Hi, did he/she say what months the next intakes will be?Does that include the October intake?My Oom is in low 700s, still processing my vetting and still waiting on medical! What does medical entail?

HarryKell7 wrote: »
    Hi, did he/she say what months the next intakes will be?Does that include the October intake?My Oom is in low 700s, still processing my vetting and still waiting on medical! What does medical entail?

no idea tis what he said he didnt elaborate on dates.

Medical is Urine test, blood pressure test, height weight, hearing test and then a lung capacity test(Blow as hard as you can into a pipe thing)

Then the doctor puts you through the eye test, Has you do a few movement exercises feels your stomach a little for enlarged organs and bing bam boom job done. I scraped the bmi myself 29.9 but i think id have gotten by easily enough if the calipers were brought out to measure body fat

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Loopie2

I've heard a rumour that you can get a loan from the Garda CU very easily once u get into templemore! Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

June 2017.. OOM in the 400s.. everything done Just waiting on file to be checked by superior officer..fingers crossed for October intake

• Advertisement

I emailed today still not signed off it's been on senior managments office for nearly 5 months now

Advertisement