Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eastmount Delgany

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

Hi - Has anyone moved in yet or know an approximate date for completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kniq127

kendalbren wrote: »
    We bought a 3 bed in phase one here. We’re due to do snagging in a few weeks. There were supposed to be six available at launch but there were actually only three available as the developer had bought two and one is a show house.
    What does a developer buy those houses for? I don't get that concept. He commissions them anyway for selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Kniq127 wrote: »
    What does a developer buy those houses for? I don't get that concept. He commissions them anyway for selling.

I've always wondered about that too. is he keeping them for his friends and family or what?

We've now been told that the completion date for our property has moved from November to February.... anyone else in the same boat?

With the restrictions we haven't been able to travel to Co.Wicklow to see how progress has been going on site... can anyone provide an update broadly speaking!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kendalbren

Bawnboylad wrote: »
    We've now been told that the completion date for our property has moved from November to February.... anyone else in the same boat?

With the restrictions we haven't been able to travel to Co.Wicklow to see how progress has been going on site... can anyone provide an update broadly speaking!?

Hi,

Is that for Eastmount? If so, I’m living there now so can send you some pics if you like. Which number did you buy?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Is that for Eastmount? If so, I’m living there now so can send you some pics if you like. Which number did you buy?

Yes, Eastmount Gardens - Oh great! You're in already! Congratulations! How has it been so far?

I'd rather not say on here the exact number but it is between 22 and 33 lets say! ;)

Yes, Eastmount Gardens - Oh great! You're in already! Congratulations! How has it been so far?

I'd rather not say on here the exact number but it is between 22 and 33 lets say! ;)

Ok, gotcha! I know where you mean. I’ll PM you some pics tomorrow. It’s great so far!

Ok, gotcha! I know where you mean. I’ll PM you some pics tomorrow. It’s great so far!

Thank you so, so much! That's great to hear and very reassuring

Hmm Construction is not restricted (theoretically).

Hi @Bawnboylad,

Here are a few snaps from this morning.

This one is outside number 22.

https://ibb.co/kKj9Vy0

Numbers 22-26.
    https://ibb.co/bm1xmTD

Numbers 32 and 33.
    https://ibb.co/n30ckbg
    https://ibb.co/7jT3pM1

• Advertisement

Hi @Bawnboylad,

Here are a few snaps from this morning.

This one is outside number 22.

https://ibb.co/kKj9Vy0

Numbers 22-26.
    https://ibb.co/bm1xmTD

Numbers 32 and 33.
    https://ibb.co/n30ckbg
    https://ibb.co/7jT3pM1

Thanks so much @kendalbren

They really have progressed quickly over the past month as the last time we were there, they only had the first detached property fully erected

So if you are in and living there now, is the new section of roadway that splits Eastmount Woods and Gardens fully opened also?

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks so much @kendalbren

They really have progressed quickly over the past month as the last time we were there, they only had the first detached property fully erected

So if you are in and living there now, is the new section of roadway that splits Eastmount Woods and Gardens fully opened also?

No not yet. It's still local access only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Nice social houses going in there

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lala90sbaby

Hi All

Thanks for all the previous correspondence really great to connect with people in the same process as us. We bought a house in the phase 2 which is due to be ready in May 21 (fingers crossed) currently living with my mother so really hoping it is on track. What is happening currently in the development? Has the road access finished? Is there many living in the houses?

Really appreciate any feedback you can provide with lockdown we cannot travel up.

Cheers

Hi, As far as I recall from last Saturday - number 1 timber frame is up (it was put up within a week). Up to number 10 foundation and base slabs are ready. Number 2 3 and 4 scaffolding is going up.
    Number 11+ piles are in.
    Road access to the Eastmount gardens is open - nothern access. Southern leg of the 'new' road is still part of the construction site and I assume it won't be open for another while.
    There is a solid fence now erected so you cannot realy see what is happening at 1-6 anymore.

Hi,

Anyone know if construction will stop or continue at Eastmount during the Jan 2021 restrictions?

Downloaded wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know if construction will stop or continue at Eastmount during the Jan 2021 restrictions?

Hey, we signed up for the newsletters from the builders and they confirmed they are closing due to the restrictions.

Hey, we signed up for the newsletters from the builders and they confirmed they are closing due to the restrictions.

How do you sign up for the Newsletters?

Downloaded wrote: »
    How do you sign up for the Newsletters?

Not 100% sure I think it was through registering our interest on the Dres website. I cannot post the email here that it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

I am hoping to buy a 3 bed in the next phase of Eastmount, although there are only two 3 beds being built in the next phase, the rest are 4 beds. Just wondering did phases 1 and 2 sell out quickly? I reckon it will be very difficult to try to get one of the 3 bed houses. Were 2 beds sold in the last phase? I think 2 beds in this next phase will be around 445,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MangleBadger

sineadmur wrote: »
    I am hoping to buy a 3 bed in the next phase of Eastmount, although there are only two 3 beds being built in the next phase, the rest are 4 beds. Just wondering did phases 1 and 2 sell out quickly? I reckon it will be very difficult to try to get one of the 3 bed houses. Were 2 beds sold in the last phase? I think 2 beds in this next phase will be around 445,000.

Pretty sure they all sold the morning of the last launch. There were 3 cancellations. I managed to get one of the cancellations. First come, first served so maybe you can put your name down to be one of the first viewings for the next launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Thanks I will try that. I am sure there is a long list of names already down. I really like the location of the first launch of houses looking onto Eastwall. I was looking at the site plan, and judging by what they are saying about only two more 3 beds being built, are these the ones located at the very back of the estate, beside what I can only assume are the council houses?

It seems a crazy time to be living in with house prices. Ready to drop half a million on a 3 bed and you have to fight hard to be in with a chance, almost as if you would lucky to even get it. It would be nice to have the time to make proper decisions especially considering the big money but sure what can you do, crazy times. I know Archers Wood is launching soon but TBH I just don't like the location, it's too far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Thanks for the photos John!

Thanks for the photos John!
    Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Pretty sure they all sold the morning of the last launch. There were 3 cancellations. I managed to get one of the cancellations. First come, first served so maybe you can put your name down to be one of the first viewings for the next launch?

i didn't think there was to be a next launch. from the brochure there was Eastmount gardens and Eastmount woods. i believe both phases sold out, 3 beds anyway.

is there to be a third phase coming soon?

dannyc31 wrote: »
    i didn't think there was to be a next launch. from the brochure there was Eastmount gardens and Eastmount woods. i believe both phases sold out, 3 beds anyway.

is there to be a third phase coming soon?

My understanding is that both estates, Gardens and Woods are each split into two sub-phases.

Eastmount Gardens Phase 1 = Completed
    Eastmount Gardens Phase 2 = Nearing Completion
    Eastmount Woods Phase 1 (Overall Phase 3) = Commenced on Site
    Eastmount Woods Phase 2 (Overall Phase 4) = Not yet commenced

I suspect that there are still units available in each phase, however majority remaining would be 4 beds + only, with the 3 beds potentially fully reserved - Might be an exception with Phase 4 as they may not have gone to market yet...

Either way, there are only 10No. three bed units out of 41No. units in the entirety of Phase 3 and 4 combined. There are also 2No. two bed bungalows in Phase 4. Balance are 4 beds +.

• Advertisement

Advertisement