Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature Student acceptance decisions

• 15-05-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

To past/current mature students, did you receive emails notifying you if you were either accepted or rejected from your ALL your chosen courses?

I was accepted into general Arts around early May, and the college email said if I had applied for other courses (English Literature, Arts w/ Music, Film) that I would 'receive decisions when they become available'. 'decisions' implies a yes or no I think.

Do other less broad courses take longer to evaluate the submission/supplementary information I would have provided?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

I've received notifications letting me know I've not been accepted for a couple of courses, and I have an interview for another one, but I haven't heard about the rest.

I think it may be as a mature student, that there's less places available, especially if you don't have the required subjects/points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Don't you have to wait for leaving cert results for most courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mephisthough

ah that might be it, till they know how many places are being filled by leaving certs, that might mean more mature places opened to fill the course, if there happened to be fewer applicants from leavers?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Don't you have to wait for leaving cert results for most courses?
    Some courses have a set % of places for non traditional students, they may hold interviews for some.

Advertisement