Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wind Warning Sat 26 PM to Sun 27 AM Jan 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

[ mod snip ]

even the storms this winter are lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

Wind has died down a bit here in Sligo but it has got very cold .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

[ Mod Snip ]

even the storms this winter are lousy.

But actual weather! Not the grey still nothingness...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

After dying down for about 20mins in Cork City it just picked up again with a very strong gust, going to be an interesting night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big squally gust over 80 km/h of rain and hail gone through here now near Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I have six planks of 1.8m decking on top of my two wheely bins and they have still been knocked over twice. Far worse than any previous yellow warning invwest cork

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Fairly wild here in Laois , loud gusts . Was out in the car about an hour ago , lots of small branches , debris on the road .

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

still calm enough in swords, my washing is still on my clothes line, not the neighbors......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Starting to get rough here in south Carlow. My house is fairly sheltered in a hollow with trees around, must be rough up on high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Just reading reports of a lot of trees down on approach roads into Athlone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

P.lane78 wrote: »
    After taking the dog out for a pee ....mental wind outside cork city ... everything is fizzing ...mad stuff ....the road is covered in debris ....kicked most of it off for my good Samaritan deed ...no rain mind
    Blowing like fcuk in carrigaline,up high on a bloody hill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Just reading reports of a lot of trees down on approach roads into Athlone
    65 km carrigaline going up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Blowing like fcuk in carrigaline,up high on a bloody hill

Yep a lot of trees down and even trampolines on the road according to cork safety alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

A lot of trees down in County Sligo. Sligo County Council crews are busy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Malin Head gusting 106 km/hr on the 23.00 report, most stations now seeing a drop in gust speed abeit still over or close to 100 km/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

My mum just rang from Dundalk to say they have no electricity. Wasn't the wind though as they heard thunder so a generation possibly hit by lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Yep a lot of trees down and even trampolines on the road according to cork safety alerts.

That's the problem with northern wind's, it blow's the tree's at a different direction, even though a tree surgeon might have cut the sail for the Westerlies and south Westerlies...
    The north will batter them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Been calming down for 45 minutes in Kerry.

We didn't have any sharp gusts, just slow increases in wind speed over about 30 seconds. the winds were very sustained.

power went off a couple of times, but back now.

600 ft ASL MacGillycuddy's Reeks - North of Sneem - Kerry

Now its starting to pick up in swords. My giant Jenga set out the back has fallen over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gusts 109kph outside Ennis. Nothing to write home about yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Lots of power cuts across the country with over a 1000 in Cork alone. Worst storm of the winter here.....even though it wasn't named.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Now its starting to pick up in swords. My giant Jenga set out the back has fallen over.

I think that's force 13 on the beaufort scale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lots of power cuts across the country with over a 1000 in Cork alone. Worst storm of the winter here.....even though it wasn't named.

yes its the worst so far but it hasn't gone above the yellow criteria at any station as far as I can see. Storms are only named at Orange level.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I tbink that's force 13 on the beaufort scale

i was going a bit too much thinking force 14. thanks for putting me back to perpective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

My little pergola type yoke in garden been up bout 4 years survived red wind warnings we got and the weight of all snow last year but tonigths wind ripped onevsheet of perspex sheeting clean off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yes its the worst so far but it hasn't gone above the yellow criteria at any station as far as I can see. Storms are only named at Orange level.

Both Malin Head and Mace Head gusted over 120 km/hr putting them firmly in Orange territory.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gusts so far and the track of the Low bringing down the strong N'ly winds.

anim_hqk0.gif

anim_uhl2.gif

anim_qcv5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Can hear it picking up in coastal Wicklow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Been very wild here in Sandyford since 10.30 or so. Also feels very cold when I let the dogs out just now, though temp saying 4.3 - feels colder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭superdog

Whereas the strong winds earlier were coming from the North, it appears to be coming from a more WNW direction now, in North Co Westmeath when the dog was brought out to go to the toilet.

Advertisement