Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Quantom 70 "RF Low Battery"

• 02-08-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a HKC Quantom 70 alarm and the message "RF Low Battery" is coming up on the panel. When I attempt to arm the alarm, I get the following audio message "Device Battery need replacing. Call engineer." There are also a couple of the warning lights on, see the image.

Normally when I get a battery replacement message, it tells me what device. I have motion sensors, contacts and a remote keypad. This time it is just telling me that there is a low battery, but no ellin me which device.

Anybody know if this is the main panel battery, the remote keypad battery or what.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tomi1970

BlueSpud wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a HKC Quantom 70 alarm and the message "RF Low Battery" is coming up on the panel. When I attempt to arm the alarm, I get the following audio message "Device Battery need replacing. Call engineer." There are also a couple of the warning lights on, see the image.

Normally when I get a battery replacement message, it tells me what device. I have motion sensors, contacts and a remote keypad. This time it is just telling me that there is a low battery, but no ellin me which device.

Anybody know if this is the main panel battery, the remote keypad battery or what.

TIA.

Hi did you get this fixed? I have the same issue, in my case i know the sensor that needed the batteries replacing. Having replaced them I'm still get the warning message and the fault light on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Tomi1970 wrote: »
    Hi did you get this fixed? I have the same issue, in my case i know the sensor that needed the batteries replacing. Having replaced them I'm still get the warning message and the fault light on the panel

Yes, I replaced the panel battery and all was well with the world. I got a replacement battery from eurosales.ie, it cost arount 35-40. Easy to replace, enter the engineer code, the password, then change the battery and quit engineer mode.

Advertisement