Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flexon e1028 Glasses all break at the nose bridge -NFFP

• 29-04-2021 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've just finished with my third pair of Flexon e1028 glasses, as yet they broke at the nose bridge as I was putting them on. This also happened to the previous 2 identical pairs, and the breakage was also identical... i.e. Not putting undue force on any of them. They were well care for in a hard glasses case, but yet they still snapped with considerable ease while I was fitting them. Also all of the glasses failed between 1.5 and 2.5 years old, but all of mine failed when just outside warranty.

This implies to me, that the durability of the titanium bridge is such that it will last only a certain number of minor stretches when being fitted, before they reach breaking point. i.e.: They are designed to fail and hence, not fit for purpose. I would like to know if others have had similar experiences, as I've seen numerous posts (mainly from US newgroups dating back as far as the mid 2000's) from others having the same issue.

Advertisement