Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Morgue worker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

A child protection worker for Tusla.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

M.T. Cranium.

He's playing a blinder over on the weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• UFC Fighter

Partly being pedantic and partly being helpful/realistic...

This should be revised to "MMA fighter". The Irish boom in the UFC has passed (for now). Ais Daly, Cathal Pendred, Neil Seery and Paddy Houlihan have retired. Conor McGregor is (a)way too big for boards and (b)barely a UFC fighter anymore. Paul Redmond is still fighting (and winning) but no longer in the UFC although hopefully that might change when the UFC comes to Ireland in May. Norman Parke is also ex-UFC now and I think I heard him discussing retirement too. James Gallagher is in Bellator but also probably unlikely to have time for a boards appearance.

The only other Irish fighter in the UFC is Joe Duffy. Currently based in Canada and again, probably too busy for something like this although I'd love to see it.

I'd say you'd have a lot more joy and possibly even a more interesting AMA with someone outside of the UFC. Either someone on the way up and pushing towards that UFC deal, or someone like Redmond who has been to the big show briefly and is now fighting back towards another crack.

Contact the main gyms and ask if anyone would be interested. SBG, Ryano etc.

Given that one of the top AMAs last year was with John Kavanagh I'm sure an MMA fighter would prove popular also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

A bloodstock agent.
    A racehorse trainer.
    A pinhooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

diomed wrote: »
    A bloodstock agent.
    A racehorse trainer.
    A pinhooker.

Save yourself a Google -

A "pinhooker" is someone who buys something for the express purpose of reselling it. It's most commonly used nowadays to label someone who buys race horses to resell them or who attends garage/yard sales to buy goods for resale. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gct

An asylum seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

gct wrote: »
    An asylum seeker

I could get you one of those? I'll ask him; he's currently in a DP Centre awaiting his freedom.

Will ask but the only issue might be a translation issue; he's getting English Lessons and I can understand him in text no problem but an AMA **might** be too much....

I do know of a refugee who has quite good English if that's preferable?

First thoughts when hearing this news was of our Native American Adoptee here in Dublin and how she’ll have someone to relate to in a few years. :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-choctaw-nation-2-3899816-Mar2018/

She should get in touch with The Dept. Of An Taoiseach and make herself available to help any successful applicants acclimatise. (If the Government actually follow through on their promise that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lauras Law

A member of a swingers club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

Another Pilot! Last one was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murt101

An estate agent
    A funeral director

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm working on some old and new suggestions at the moment and contacting people - hopefully we'll have a few new AMAs up over the next few weeks. In the meantime, apply if you think people would be interested to hear about you!

You can PM me, email me on niamh@boards.ie or fill in this form. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,943 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Have you ever had someone who is having an affair?
    The other man/woman?
    That would be interesting.

To thine own self be true

We haven't and I think it was suggested by another user before too...so if anyone wants to admit to such a thing and do an AMA (anonymous account available!), then get in touch with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A dark web expert and a nun please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Leo Varadkar.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar.

Niamh. No.1 rule in life. If you don’t ask, you don’t get! :D

Niamh. No.1 rule in life. If you don’t ask, you don’t get! :D

I'd say he might be a bit busy this week...but their summer holidays are coming up :pac:

We haven't and I think it was suggested by another user before too...so if anyone wants to admit to such a thing and do an AMA (anonymous account available!), then get in touch with me.

Oh please someone volunteer...
    I have so many questions about how they have the wherewithal to remember all the lies and cover ups.
    Anyone??

• Advertisement

Oh please someone volunteer...
    I have so many questions about how they have the wherewithal to remember all the lies and cover ups.
    Anyone??

Someone has volunteered and will hopefully be on in a few weeks - unless they change their mind which can sometimes happen :)

Have you ever had someone who is having an affair?
    The other man/woman?
    That would be interesting.

Thread going v. well- We have "the other woman"-

to complete the picture what we need now is:

Part B: "the man himself" and

Part C: "the wife"

Any takers? :P

Thread going v. well- We have "the other woman"-

to complete the picture what we need now is:

Part B: "the man himself" and

Part C: "the wife"

Any takers? :P

There's a great contribution on that thread from 'a wife' (not connected to the AMA lady).
    That wife on there has my utmost respect!
    MI6 should be headhunting her.

The thread is good, but I'd like to see one from a wife who was unfaithful.

• I would like to hear from a terminally ill patient

This would, I feel, be a very poignant AMA. Also, OAPs near the end of their lives and any reflections on life, have they mellowed or hardened with age, regrets?, life's meaning, their worries, what they expect afterwards etc would be interesting.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,734 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd like to hear from a priest who is questioning his churches teachings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

I’d like to hear from a company owner in the building trade who gets big commercial contracts.
    Not a hi ace driver who fits the odd boiler but a chap with office staff and a suit. I’d love to know where the work is actually given out. Is it done by dividing it up between old school chums and golf course partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd like to hear from a person who won greater than 1M Euro on their own in the lotto and who has kept their win private.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd like to hear from an active emergency helicopter crew member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,555 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

An intercounty GAA player

One current and one past

Advertisement