Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Posts from 14 years ago showing up on 1st page again

• 15-04-2020 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

It's very annoying, can board's not sort it out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Has been happening for me but only on the touch site, annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Same,on touch site too

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Same for me on touch site. Wish it could be sorted as mobile is my only way of board's most days

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Galway city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Yep problem for me on mobile version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Same here aswell.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll let the office know.

Bear in mind that like pretty much every other company at the moment, boards is also working with a reduced presence of office staff and developers. Be patient while they get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

pure.conya wrote: »

Yeah and the app doesnt work anymore.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks all, it's a known issue but should be rectified by refreshing the page a couple of times. It's on the list of things to be looked at but I can't say when that will be.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Yeah and the app doesnt work anymore.

The app is no longer supported, we recommend using http://touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Not really sure how to explain this but I'll try.

This has been happening for a while.

Whenever I try to click in to a forum from a thread, it always loads up the thread from x years ago,

I.e
    On the my threads page.

CORONAVIRUS IN WATERFORD.
    Posted in : waterford city

If I press on 'waterford city' here, it shows posts from 17 years ago.

To actually access the most recent in that forum, I'd have to open the CORONAVIRUS thread and then press on the subheading 'waterford city.'

Other than that I'd have to search in the search bar for Waterford city.

So no shortcut to forums.

Using the mobile site on android.

Probably not a huge issue.

Thanks.

I do follow many other threads/forums , I'm not obsessed with all things Waterford, that was just the easiest example to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Similar here.
    Forums showing old old.posts, takes 4 or 5 refreshes to fix and happening constantly today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Clear your cache

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

This is happening to me. Is it some kind of glitch?
    What does “clear your cache” mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

In settings where you can clear cookies and search history and all, but just do cache

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Unusable on phone now because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I have cleared cache but it doesn't solve the problem

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

We are aware of this issue and looking into the cause. Typically, refreshing the page rectifies it and displays threads in the correct order. Sorry for the disruption and inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Hi folks,

We are aware of this issue and looking into the cause. Typically, refreshing the page rectifies it and displays threads in the correct order. Sorry for the disruption and inconvenience.

Never actually thought of refreshing the page.
    Silly me. Ha ha

Thanks Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Hi folks,

Hi it's taking about 5 x refreshing the page to show the current page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Having similar issues, also cleared cache and different browser etc. When I open a thread on mobile it gives me a 404 error.

When I look at the URL the link pointed me to it is something like https://touch.boards.ie/thread//post with no thread or post no details in it. Working again now so can't get the URL exactly but something like that. Being doing this for a few days for me.

Not sure if that's any help but thought I'd share with mods.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

The app is no longer supported, we recommend using []touch.boards[rl] for mobile browsing.

Niamh the touch site is unusable for the last week.
    What are we paying boards for with a service like this?... O wait, it's free :D:D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Came to report the same, it was working OK when I refreshed, not anymore, have to switch to full site and then back again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

pure.conya wrote: »

Same happening here,and has been for ages

Same,on touch site too

Same touch site

Thanks all, it's a known issue but should be rectified by refreshing the page a couple of times. It's on the list of things to be looked at but I can't say when that will be.

Ah thanks Niamh, thought it was just me, or my phone,but TBH it been happening for at least 2/ 3 years ,at least to me

The app is no longer supported, we recommend using http://touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing.

Using touch site always,but real problems for a long long time,well before covid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Seema to be getting worse and worse. It was happening on the odd occasion, once a day or so. Now it's almost every forum I go to. Refreshing 3-4 times isn't even working now, sometimes I'm actually getting even older posts. The touch site is almost unusable at this stage

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Same as me. Regardless of what I do it's randomly happening. I'm using Chrome on Android, touch site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Having the same problem too. Cache clear does nothing. Making the site unusable at present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement