Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issues with Boards appearance?

Options
2»

Comments

At the moment the window needs to be at least 1000 pixels wide, if you make it narrower than that then the text of posts won't fit. On the old skin, you could continue to narrow the window down to about 750 pixels and the text would still fit. This made a huge difference - it's much more readable, and it meant I could have two Boards windows open at the same time on my laptop screen, or a Boards window and another browser window.

Install the Stylus extension and add this CSS if you want. It fixes the width issue except the Adverts.ie tab at the top will flow off the screen.
    /* QOL Fix Min Width of page */
    body, .holder, #header {
      min-width: 500px !important;
    }
    /* Hide share buttons to save pagination when screen gets small */
    @media only screen and (max-width:1000px) {
      .social_share_bar {
        display: none !important;
      }
    }
    /* Fix submit button */
    @media only screen and (max-width:900px) {
      #vB_Editor_QR_formbuttons {
        display: inline
      }
    }

I'm off work today and have spent a while re-skinning the theme back to the green legacy colours. Debating making it public and doing the main blue one as well. I don't like the brightness and contrast of the newest theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just installed that (on Opera) and it works great! Thanks! :)

Agree with you on the harsh contrast, the pale blue of the old theme was just right.

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Finally the FF ads annoyed me enough into spending time to find this thread and add another voice to the complaints.

What usability tests did you put the new versions through?

It either has to be better / more intuitive than what was already there, it's neither.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement