Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reid vs Lacy is LIVE on Sky

• 03-08-2005 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

I am looking forward to this fight.

I don't think LAcy is all that good but I KNOW Reid isn't all that either. Reid has a SOLID chin and good power but his problem is WORKRATE. I know for a fact he will not force the issue if he is behind... look at his fight with Ottke for proof. L:acy on the other hand has POWER but his chin isn't granite. He has good skilss and a good LEFT HOOK but can he beat Reidy?

I'd like to see Reid win for several reasons. The main one is that he would get to fight Calzaghe again, who has been ducking him greatly.

Who do you think wins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I think Lacy will win this one on points, then we might finally see Joe Calzaghe in a 'big' fight. If he did fight Lacy and won, maybe he'd think twice about moving up to fight Woods. Should be a good fight though, good on Sky for showing it live.

Bump, just so everyone remembers.

I'm gonna be cheering for Reid in this one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

thanks...I did not know about this.

Reid didn't have much to offer. He showed heart in getting up from the knockdowns I guess, but I think it's time for Reid to call it a day. Lacy vs Calzaghe should be very interesting. It's good to hear Lacy mentioning Joe after the fight and seeming so comfortable with coming to Wales. No excuses why this one doesn't happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Its time for Reid to hang up his gloves , or if he really is persistant to continue he could fight at domestic level but he just doesn't have the skills to cope with top class contenders anymore .

This is my third time seeing John Murray and by god the kid can pick his shots .
    I beleive his knockout ratio will rise as his quality of opposition rises . He hasn't got the power to knock out all of those fighters that just want to survive but against fighters that really come to fight he will catch them off guard and score a lot of flash knockdowns .

As for Lacy.......I think Calzaghe would take him .

• Advertisement

Big Ears wrote:
    This is my third time seeing John Murray and by god the kid can pick his shots.

As for Lacy.......I think Calzaghe would take him .

I was thinking the very same thing about John Murray. Very impressive last night. What was up with his opponent's mouthpiece? I know he wasn't spitting it out but I felt the ref should have had a word.

Also agree with you on Lacy vs Calzaghe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Scheduled bout
    date opponent wld last 6 location ticket number
    2005-11-05 Jeff Lacy 20-0-0

Wales
    IBF Super Middleweight Title
    WBO Super Middleweight Title
    IBO Super Middleweight Title
    Calzaghe must win his September fight for this bout to occur

Source: Boxrec

:):):) looks like its on .

Advertisement