Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing Thread 21/11 (Benn v Formella Card on Sky)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That all remains to be seen. He’s not been ko’d yet. Formella looks like he wants out of there. Several opportunities there and he didn’t go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don’t really care that this lad went 12 with Porter, losing every round; he is desperately weak!

squinn2912 wrote: »
    That all remains to be seen. He’s not been ko’d yet. Formella looks like he wants out of there. Several opportunities there and he didn’t go for it

Of course it remains to be seen. And it will be seen when he gets hit clean and hard!

walshb wrote: »
    I don’t really care that this lad went 12 with Porter, losing every round; he is desperately weak!

That’s true he’s throwing absolute feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Benn will be in serious trouble if he meets someone who can half punch. His defense is terrible..

Was thinking that, far too reckless and leaves himself wide open at times ...will be in trouble as he moves up in class of opponent if he does not close that up

• Advertisement

Was thinking that, far too reckless and leaves himself wide open at times ...will be in trouble as he moves up in class of opponent if he does not close that up

Yep

And I noticed that even when he’s trying to be defensive and difficult to hit, he’s not!!!

8-0 Benn for me!

Yep

And I noticed that even when he’s trying to be defensive and difficult to hit, he’s not!!!

Formella has nothing to Worry him so Benn is just pushing forward but that’s not really schooling him for tougher fights

At 24 without much a mature experience that’s not a bad showing. He’s not a hard hitter if he was he’d get the ko tonight and within 6. He needs to be very carefully matched for the next 18 months to improve on his frailties you guys have noted.
    But for now that was a good nights work and the rounds will help

At 24 without much a mature experience that’s not a bad showing. He’s not a hard hitter if he was he’d get the ko tonight and within 6. He needs to be very carefully matched for the next 18 months to improve on his frailties you guys have noted.

Yes. I think they are exaggerating his “explosive power.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I actually think it was an excellent learning fight for him tbh.
    Formella is a lot better than anything than anything he's faced before, but calling him a pillow puncher would overestimate the softness of pillows.

He was hit plenty, and if he was hit as frequent or as clean by someone with power he'd likely been in trouble.
    However it was a good showing, his defence has actually improved, as open as he was, and he was lightning quick and showed very good stamina.

Plenty of positive points and he should be in good fights in the years to come.

Yes. I think they are exaggerating his “explosive power.”
    Again exactly what I thought ... I know Formella has a chin but if Benn had explosive power he would surely have at least put him down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Yep, he doesn't have his Dad's punch, that's for sure.

Advertisement