Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Don't know much about this one:

http://www.staff.ie/company/4434.html

But might be useful for some of you.

Lots more on www.waterfordjobs.ie

I'd say thats the place that does door to door sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

burkey85 wrote: »
    I'd say thats the place that does door to door sales.

Ye that's them ok, the "get your foot in the door" sentence at the start is always the give away. Amazing how they just keep changing their name and try and mess around more people.

I got a call of them last year offering me an interview.
    I must of askin the girl on the phone about 5 times were they door to door sales and she just did not want to admit it,
    Finally got it out of her and just said no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

did anyone hear anything after their interviews with champion sports or have any inside information#?:L

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Does anyone know what date Champions Sports intends to open? Cant remember what it said on the advert.

• Advertisement

june 2010 was the date.. supposbly the next 2 weeks.. have u got a job there?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

sh4128 wrote: »
    june 2010 was the date.. supposbly the next 2 weeks.. have u got a job there?

No job, was just wondering about job interviews etc. Did u apply urself?

yeah interviews were held last thursday in fitzwilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

its going into where Adams was next to Porters newsagents in City Sq, that seems very small area for a Champion Sports..

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

http://www.ibec.ie/Sectors/GIP/GradLink.nsf/SearchInternships?OpenForm&Location=South East

This is the link to the IBEC program for jobs in the southeast. Some are in Waterford. This program allow graduates to stay on the dole and gain experience with these employers. This experience should normally stand to anybody on the program and will allow them to get a real job.

• Advertisement

is there actually no part time jobs in waterford this summer :l

Theres an ad in this weeks Waterford Today for a part time sales job at the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Heard Heroes clothes shop in John Roberts Square are looking for sales staff. Don't know where the ad for the job might be. Could be a handy number for someone with previous shop experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Heard Heroes clothes shop in John Roberts Square are looking for sales staff. Don't know where the ad for the job might be. Could be a handy number for someone with previous shop experience.

They have a sign in the window about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Adyx wrote: »
    They have a sign in the window about it.

Was on the Munster or the News & Star either last weeks edition or this weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

Job for sales deli assistant posted in the window of O'Neill sweet shop on Lombard St. Although it did say closing date for applications was the 23rd but you might still get one in :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Hello mod, any chance you could stickie this thread for a few weeks??

Looks like some people were getting work from it , what ever it was.
    They were able to go home and say, " I'm working". means so much...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 obt

rigney dolphin will be taking on between 10-20 people in about a month, this won't be advertised so submit your CV into their website, its the only CV's they will look at apart from ones submitted by employees for family members etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

That's good obt keep it up.

Rumors around that genzyme are taking on but nit advertised. Might be worth sticking a cv in for anyone with experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

ziedth wrote: »

Rumors around that genzyme are taking on but nit advertised. Might be worth sticking a cv in for anyone with experience.

I heard they get hundreds of cvs a week. Wouldn't surprise me. I may send a muffin basket with mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

ziedth wrote: »

They held aptitude tests Saturday two weeks ago,and held the first round of interviews last Saturday,theres many full time positions in "fill finish" and "packaging" departments,with the first of the jobs starting on the 6th of sept,and the rest at the end of the month and early October.

They did advertise on there website and local and national radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lisam22

Has anyone heard of any part-time work going in the city? retail possibly?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

They held aptitude tests Saturday two weeks ago,and held the first round of interviews last Saturday,theres many full time positions in "fill finish" and "packaging" departments,with the first of the jobs starting on the 6th of sept,and the rest at the end of the month and early October.

They did advertise on there website and local and national radio.

maybe seperate to that,

Tis the lads in work were saying it. I personally have nothing to offer factory work so I don't really take much notice of who's taking on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

lisam22 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any part-time work going in the city? retail possibly?

sport savers in city square are looking for staff, sign in window today, didnt see all the details though

Straycat wrote: »
    sport savers in city square are looking for staff, sign in window today, didnt see all the details though

great tanx will drop in a cv monday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just make sure that you try and tailor your CV to the job you're applying for. From speaking to a few business owners, it's apparent that there's plenty of CVs being handed in but many make little or no effort to emphasise the skills related to that job and instead just distribute generic cv after generic cv. There are jobs out there but a business is not going to waste time and resources by hiring someone for the sake of it.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Just make sure that you try and tailor your CV to the job you're applying for. From speaking to a few business owners, it's apparent that there's plenty of CVs being handed in but many make little or no effort to emphasise the skills related to that job and instead just distribute generic cv after generic cv. There are jobs out there but a business is not going to waste time and resources by hiring someone for the sake of it.

Yeah ur exactly right gud advise:) I do not think my CV is as good as it should be as Ive applied for a number of jobs over the summer and didnt get 1:( do you know of any websites etc that could guide me 2 do up a better 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

lisam22 wrote: »
    Yeah ur exactly right gud advise:) I do not think my CV is as good as it should be as Ive applied for a number of jobs over the summer and didnt get 1:( do you know of any websites etc that could guide me 2 do up a better 1?
    Can't for the life of me find the link now but Trinity College had a step-by-step guide for structuring the CV. Worked out pretty well for me.

• Advertisement

Very good book too caled "where is my oasis" it goes through cv's cover letters and interviews.

You can order it in the book centre. I think the authors name is mcmillan but I could be wrong.

It's def worth getting.

Advertisement