Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford City Event Guide

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

haha i think we're getting close to the time when you'll have to start paying for advertising haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Plugged In

This Thursday in Electric Avenue there is gig in aid of Oxfam.
    Its a tenner in and all money goes to Oxfam.
    There are four great Waterford bands playing; Gorbachov, Saviours of Space, Trousersnake and Ghetto Amaretto and Untz are upstairs in the Loft.
    Its going to be a great night and I hope you can make it down.

For more info check out http://www.pluggedin.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Best of luck to everyone who's doing the run tomorrow. The weather forecast is pants!

My strategy is to take it nice and easy and come home wet but relaxed :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moved to Event Guide. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

huge turnout for this event, well done to all that took part , weather was not great but sure what harm, pat on the back to everyone that made it happen, the benefits will be there for everybody in the years to come, with a bit of luck we wont need to see the inside of the place !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cathedral

Renowned singer from Glenstal Abbey Nóirín Ní Riain will hold a ‘singers and listeners’ workshop at Christ Church Cathedral on Thursday 30th October from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
    This is a workshop for everyone; singer and listener alike. There will be a nominal charge of €10 per person and places are limited.
    To register, email lynn @ christchurchwaterford dot com or pm me here

- this will be an informal group experience - nobody will be put on the spot to sing!
    :)

The 6th Imagine festival takes palce from the 24th of October - 2nd of November. You can check all the listing's and previews of all the events at http://www.pluggedin.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

The next Square - A Night In, Out is on tonight Wed 29th October upstairs in Phil Grimes, Johnstown, Waterford.

Tonight is the Scrabble Special and there'll be a prize on the night for Word of the Night.

doors 8pm and admission as always is Free.

xxx Kate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 screwtape

The Distractions in Murph's this Saturday night, well worth a look (and naturally the forum afterwards though it's gone seriously young since I was part of the furniture up there).

Fighting Spiders on the 14th in The Forum (along with Republic Of Loose), looking forward to this, haven't managed to see the lads in the luminous yellow gear and the jeans that are far far too tight, should be fun but very, very disturbing!!

On the 12th of November, Pluggedin.ie and WIT are proud to present
    Legalise Cannabis Ireland v W.I.T law society
    in a debate about our current weed laws.
    It takes place at 19:30 at the Gallery in the W.I.T

RTE and TV3 and other national and local media are going to cover the event and there are interesting guest speakers and TDs attending.

This is a very interesting topic which has had much debate over the years and on the 12th all the speakers will argue over whether our laws regarding cannabis should be changed.

It will be an interesting night and I would encourage everybody from Waterford to try and make it down and support our collage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Event merged with City Events Guide. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Plugged In wrote: »

RTE and TV3 and other national and local media are going to cover the event and there are interesting guest speakers and TDs attending.

This is a very interesting topic which has had much debate over the years and on the 12th all the speakers will argue over whether our laws regarding cannabis should be changed.

It will be an interesting night and I would encourage everybody from Waterford to try and make it down and support our collage.

I'll be there, support the collage and the changing of corrupt laws. Was waiting for something like this to come up and always had a feeling WIT would have something to do with it. Fair play lads

Friday night at 8pm: Noirin Ni Riaian, Eoin O Suilleabhain and Micheal P O Suilleabhain

Saturday night at 7pm: South, Sir Ernest Shackleton's Glorious Epic of the Antarctic (film) with live piano accompaniment by Phill Collins

Sunday afternoon at 3pm: European Union Chamber Orchestra

Tickets available on the door for all these events. check out www.christchurchwaterford.com for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Plugged In wrote: »

Interesting. I have Irish class at that time, so I can't make it. Would pop down for a look otherwise. Best of luck with the debate!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Events go in this topic - posting elsewhere and linking is not the same.

Re-post in here, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The First Annual All-Waterford Bumper Quiz sponsored by Beat 102-103 and Waterford People (or today, not sure which) is being held on December 11th. Not sure where though - I'll let you know as soon as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Hello,

On 7th November, this Friday, you'll have a chance to get a bit of a taste of Polish culture as the Polish Independence Day will be celebrated in Waterford this weekend.
    We start in the Central Library at Lady Lane at 6pm with the official event (Polish food, photos from Poland, Polish folk music)

but the main thing will be:

the concert of the folk band Tekla Klebetnica in Ryan's pub at Barrack Street which starts at 9pm and will last till close (with a break or two between sets).

Then on Sunday 9th November the band will play on the Polish Mass in St. John's church at Parnell St. at 10:15.

Anyone interested in Polish culture, or just in good folk music and tasty food are invited!
    Bring over your friends and celebrate with us icon_smile.gif

See you there
    Kris

I'm sure everyone knows but Jape in Electric Avenue on Friday night and Fight Like Apes on Saturday!!!

The Russian Chamber Orchestra and guest soprano will perform a concert of popular classical music at Christ Church Cathedral.
    Friday 14th November at 8pm
    www.christchurchwaterford.com for further details

• Advertisement

Electric Avenue on the 27th of November (Thursday night). Think ticklets are twenty quid. Loads of local bands playing, in fact just about all the local bands in Waterford as far as I can tell and apparently The Village and The Real, who used to be Shiver back in the day are reforming to play at it as well. Should be good, sorry this isn't in the event section but thought it merited a thread all of it's own.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

the Village who supported the Smiths when they played in Waterford on 12 November 1984? Amazing :)
    Who exactly is this benefit night for?

Not a major event by any means that deserves its own thread.. Events such as Sproai or whatever which are large family events or large events in general are welcome on their own thread.

Im going to merge it with the events topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Hi lads

This Friday 28th Nov ,
    In SALS on the quay,
    Fundraising Night,
    For Hospice Waterford,
    Headshaving and Leg Waxing (Males :D)
    Music : Martin Hart.
    Starts : 8:30pm

All are welcome.

Friends
    Sarah McQuaid will be performing a Coffee Concert at Christ Church Cathedral on Sunday 7th December at 12 noon
    You can hear a sample of her music at www.myspace.com/sarahmcquaid

Duration one hour, complimentary coffee & tea served.
    Tickets are €7 / €5 concession / €12 for a family, pay at the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

Hi all there is a classic car show that will be on the 1st of jan at 12.00 in the car park of the church in Butlerstown, prizes and fun for all as im told all in aid of a special cause!!!Food and drink also!

Thats if ye havent had enough the night before !!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This by the school? On the road parrallel to the N25?

Thanks for the post about that event, sounds interesting! Iv merged it into our stickied events guide for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

mike65 wrote: »
    This by the school? On the road parrallel to the N25?

Sorry but im a dub in waterford so im brutal with Directions, well i live near the six cross roads so if i was going i would come out at the six cross roads roundabout (waterford Crystal behind me!) and turn right and coming to the next roundabout i would go left then i come to Butlerstown school i would go right the church and all that is there!!

Hope that helped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats the one! :)

Advertisement