Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We need to open things on Economic grounds from April

Dig a large rectangular hole in the ground about six feet deep!

Would that be open enough for ye? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Twice now in the last week I have passed by the Ballygunner church during the day to see more than 50 people on both occasions standing outside the church at a funeral.

It seemed that the funeral was taking place outside the chapel with a microphone and speakers with many people attending.

I am just leaving this here as fact as I saw it with my own eyes as I passed by walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 feckwunker

Dig a large rectangular hole in the ground about six feet deep!

Would that be open enough for ye? :D:D:D
    Ok genius, when will it be safe to re-open things? How many deaths from missed diagnosis's are you willing to accept or is it only COVID deaths that matter now? How many businesses need to go under before we can ease up on the reigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

feckwunker wrote: »
    Ok genius, when will it be safe to re-open things? How many deaths from missed diagnosis's are you willing to accept or is it only COVID deaths that matter now? How many businesses need to go under before we can ease up on the reigns?

If I could provide you with those answers I wouldn't be where I am today!

This is not going away anytime soon in my opinion. It is here to stay so

we have to get used to it and the limitations that it imposes on us!

I'm not happy living with it and the impositions imposed upon my life but

I'll just have to work my way around it so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

feckwunker wrote: »

Eh just go back a couple of months bud and look at the pre Xmas shop till ya drop/normal Christmas fare and then see what happened very quickly towards the end of the year resulting in thousands of cases and deaths. TBH I'd place lives and health above business or the economy for now. Rather be alive than a number in the exit column. Wait until mid Summer when a large proportion of the population are vaccinated and then decide to tentatively reopen. The return of the schools and their effect on the case numbers will tell a lot over the next month what with the UK variant now dominant here. If you are looking for a complete return to pre pandemic life any time soon you are not being realistic. Spring 2022 at the earliest. Buckle up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You can tell the numbers are much better.
    <5 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Same for Kilkenny, Wexford and Timperley. It's really good and a long way from where we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Same for Kilkenny, Wexford and Timperley. It's really good and a long way from where we were.

and lets hope we never have to darken times like that again

In saying that we have to be more ambitious for our big reopenings. We learnt from the xmas mess to an extent but also need to learn about our mistakes from lockdown 2 which imo was a little OTT and created that xmas rush in terms of people out shopping/socialsing etc

Let's hope the Vaccine roll out starts to speed up and the media feck off with there never ending doom and gloom

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Let's hope the Vaccine roll out starts to speed up and the media feck off with there never ending doom and gloom

Nature of the beast, don't engage with it, if it's bothering you

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

The problem is our herd nature. As soon as it becomes know that you can use the park we herd together and kids out for a walk with parents becomes families mixing with parents stood around talking and kids playing together.

People are just too stupid. For example they don't just stand around talking they stand around talking in the groups blocking the paths leaving others to squeeze past them.

If you give any leeway then people take the p!ss.

And are all these people standing around talking and mixing dropping dead? Cop on. You give the government any leeway and they have well and truly taken the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

tommybrees wrote: »
    And are all these people standing around talking and mixing dropping dead? Cop on.
    It's not napalm, it's a virus. How did the hospital get so full ?
    You give the government PEOPLE any leeway and they have well and truly taken the piss
    Corrected that for you. Christmas was only 10 weeks ago................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

If I could provide you with those answers I wouldn't be where I am today!

This is not going away anytime soon in my opinion. It is here to stay so

we have to get used to it and the limitations that it imposes on us!

I'm not happy living with it and the impositions imposed upon my life but

I'll just have to work my way around it so to speak!

Can you explain to me why supermarket workers and their families seem to be fairly immune to the corona virus? Surely if they should have been dropping like flies since last March. But no, very much mostly people In hospitals and care homes.!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Can you explain to me why supermarket workers and their families seem to be fairly immune to the corona virus? Surely if they should have been dropping like flies since last March. But no, very much mostly people In hospitals and care homes.!

They are not. I know of one supermarket (Irish owned) in the Midlands that had a large outbreak amongst staff, and was strongly suspected of being responsible for causing infection if many customers.
    Also, people in care homes/hospitals have compromised immune systems, live in congregated settings, and have multiple staff providing them with close contact and often intimate care.

91wx763 wrote: »
    It's not napalm, it's a virus. How did the hospital get so full ?

Corrected that for you. Christmas was only 10 weeks ago................

Hospitals were full for any amount of reasons, not just Covid.
    Like every year, tell me when was the last time hospitals weren't full of sick people?

And remember 1 year ago it was just for 2 weeks to flatten the curve they said. Now it's cases, next it'll be the vaccines aren't effective enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Hospitals were full for any amount of reasons, not just Covid.
    Like every year, tell me when was the last time hospitals weren't full of sick people?

And remember 1 year ago it was just for 2 weeks to flatten the curve they said. Now it's cases, next it'll be the vaccines aren't effective enough.

You missed out the next major virus mutation.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭spaceCreated

And are all these people standing around talking and mixing dropping dead? Cop on. You give the government any leeway and they have well and truly taken the piss

Yes its all a conspiracy to keep us inside and tank the economy, politicians and the government love tanking the economy really increases their votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Yes its all a conspiracy to keep us inside and tank the economy, politicians and the government love tanking the economy really increases their votes.

All these vaccines asking contain a micro chip that will enable the government to fully track and trace every move a vaccinated person makes. The virus was created by the Chinese for this purpose and every other nation decided to follow suit and release it on the population so as to get complete control....:)

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    All these vaccines asking contain a micro chip that will enable the government to fully track and trace every move a vaccinated person makes. The virus was created by the Chinese for this purpose and every other nation decided to follow suit and release it on the population so as to get complete control....

That's a good start, surly we can work a good sex scandal into this one, as they say, sex sells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gw80

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That's a good start, surly we can work a good sex scandal into this one, as they say, sex sells

Like somebody was having sex with a bat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

gman2k wrote: »
    They are not. I know of one supermarket (Irish owned) in the Midlands that had a large outbreak amongst staff, and was strongly suspected of being responsible for causing infection if many customers.
    Also, people in care homes/hospitals have compromised immune systems, live in congregated settings, and have multiple staff providing them with close contact and often intimate care.

1 supermarket in the entire country, in a while year. Proves my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    All these vaccines asking contain a micro chip that will enable the government to fully track and trace every move a vaccinated person makes. The virus was created by the Chinese for this purpose and every other nation decided to follow suit and release it on the population so as to get complete control....:)

I've been wondering why I keep hearing the Microsoft Windows start up sound when I wake up every morning, instead of my alarm.

I've been wondering why I keep hearing the Microsoft Windows start up sound when I wake up every morning, instead of my alarm.

What about when you plug your USB drive in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Two bigger supermarkets where I live both had outbreaks among staff. They were hardly going to advertise it though - wouldn't want people shopping elsewhere.

After I'm vaccinated I fear BSOD and having to phone India.

After I'm vaccinated I fear BSOD and having to phone India.

There could be a lot of blue people walking around.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just because you didnt hear of any cases doesnt mean there are none. Like has been said already, no supermarket is going to publicly state that they have had an outbreak. Shur employers arent even informing their staff of outbreaks in factories, offices and the likes, why would you thing supermarkets are any different.

I know of a particular shop in Waterford City where the owners got Covid and never told their staff, when the staff found out, they complained and were told none of them were close contacts, despite the owners working in the shop on a daily basis, Eventually the Gardai visited the shop and ordered them to close, pointless really as the shop reopened then the following day.

Ah yes, wasn't it only 12 years ago Fianna fail drove us over a cliff and have been voted in again.
    They have no fear of the electorate because they no they will be voted in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

This response is why I need to stop engaging with people on the internet

tommybrees wrote:
    Ah yes, wasn't it only 12 years ago Fianna fail drove us over a cliff and have been voted in again. They have no fear of the electorate because they no they will be voted in again.

Oh i think the tide is turning there, as both ffg are defaulting to their normal positions

• Advertisement

5 cases (8 yesterday)

Advertisement