Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AHB/Council housing shannon

Options
  • 02-03-2021 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anybody know what the average wait time is for a council house/apartment in Shannon is for a single person??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Gunz86 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the average wait time is for a council house/apartment in Shannon is for a single person??

Gunz86
    i'd say you are in for a long wait I would imagine families or People with Children would be first on the long List,, Also I would be very surprised if you were offered a House , do you know any local politicians who could do a bit of pushing for You.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gunz86

afro man wrote: »
    Gunz86
    i'd say you are in for a long wait I would imagine families or People with Children would be first on the long List,, Also I would be very surprised if you were offered a House , do you know any local politicians who could do a bit of pushing for You.
    Unfortunately I don't know any... And ones I approached told me cbl is best. Politicians don't help any more it's all online apparently... 😥... Thank you for your reply though 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Gunz86 wrote: »

Have you looked at the application form?

It's a bit of a long read and when you look at it all becomes clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gunz86

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Have you looked at the application form?

It's a bit of a long read and when you look at it all becomes clear.
    What becomes clear???.... I went through it over a year ago and I am on the list. But it doesn't state waiting times on the application form. Nor does the Clare county council have a waiting list that you can check and see where you are on it.
    I'm just curious about how long people actually wait before they are housed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

I heard of a separated woman in Shannon with a couple of kids just getting a house after being on the list 4 years. I'd say a single person with no kids (you haven't said but I assume) could be waiting 10+. I've been told from a reliable source, that in Ennis a single person or childless couple has zero chance of ever getting a house the way the lists are presently. Far more demand than there are houses available. I'd say Shannon won't be that much different.

Have a relative, single with two young kids, living in a private rental apartment,been on the list over a year and been told by a local politician to change her letting choices away from Ennis as there's little chance of her getting anything. There's a far few 'ethnic minorities' and 'non-Irish nationals' who are higher on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I was on the list 9 years in Cork as a single man, not a single offer. Added my Mrs and kids to the application and we were housed within 12 months. That was a decade ago though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

I heard the new houses, still being built by the rugby pitch, are being allocated at the moment, Not sure who the housing assoc are but might be worth making enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boardy1

I heard the new houses, still being built by the rugby pitch, are being allocated at the moment, Not sure who the housing assoc are but might be worth making enquiries.

enquires to who

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I'D Say these are already allocated and no chance of anybody New getting one
    Be Very interesting to see how many people on the Shannon housing waiting list actually get a house here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭black & white

boardy1 wrote: »
    enquires to who

Council housing dept. They give a list to the housing assoc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement