Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Query with Retailer

• 03-01-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am looking for some advice with regards a purchase I made in November with a UK retailer. I placed an order for Xmas at the end of November and was given a delivery date of the first week of December. The product never arrived and I was messaging on social media, emailing and calling and was getting ignored. Long story short the gift didn’t arrive in time for Christmas and when it didn’t I pursued for hours on the phone for a refund. I finally got through and they issued my refund. In the days after Xmas the gift arrived and the money landed in my bank account.

Due to the customer service experienced I don’t want to give them the money back or atleast delay it as long as I can to teach them a lesson.

What are my legal rights in this situation? Are they relying on my goodwil to give them the money for the gift/return the gift as I no longer want it or what?

Any help be greatly appreciated. TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You got the product. We are in the middle of a pandemic, with short staffing and a lack of transport. You owe them for the product. It shouldn’t even be a question.

Advertisement