Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We Are Liiiiiiiiiive! (On Android)

• 21-02-2013 11:32am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and gents. The moment we have all been waiting for... with your help and feedback we have polished this game to be as good as we can make it and we are .... *takes a deep breath*.... live.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gonegaming.thejump

We're waiting for Apple now before pushing the marketing but if I could ask you all to download it and maybe give us an aul review / rating and a +1 on G+ if you have an account... that would be cool.

Karl and I and the devs in Raven would like to say a big thank you to you all too, for the feedback, the suggestions and the enthusiasm. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I've had a great time playing and testing the game. The very best of luck with it, and I hope there's more in the pipeline. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Congratulations on getting this completed. It looks amazing and plays great. I hope this is just the start of your game making careers!

Next time around I'll try to test more, unfortunately my phone was causing a lot of problems and couldn't test as much as i would have liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think I am the first to download it - :) (lost ALL my coins from before :( )
    Will post screenshot up here later but
    0+ downloads - currently at 9%

Great job everyone - amazing to see this get released.

p.s. - took ages to find it - even searching for The Jump - had to keep scrolling until I hit it.

edit 2 - guys maybe it is my new version - but swiping right / left is not working???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Taltos wrote: »
    p.s. - took ages to find it - even searching for The Jump - had to keep scrolling until I hit it.

Yeah it's a mystical beast - works like Google search, weighted with reviews, web footprint, tweets and G+1s - so will just take a while for the keywords and traffic to bump us up search results.

Once we kick off our marketing blitz next month we should see some movement... I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I just searched again with this "the jump"

The quotes help, same as a google search...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're directing people to the link or telling people to search for "Jump escape the city"...

Btw, swiping left and right was abandoned to improve speed and accuracy of controls (taps).

Ah cheers for that D. Must have missed that update as up until yesterday on the last release I was still swiping successfully. You probably need to update the user guide so as it is still in there.

Does make it harder - but that is not a bad thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Tried to download twice and got a Package Invalid error

You probably need to update the user guide so as it is still in there.

Which guide do you mean? Help in-game is updated - new control for multi-lane change is tap/hold btw ;)

hardCopy wrote: »
    Tried to download twice and got a Package Invalid error

Sounds very strange - which device are you using? :confused:

• Advertisement

karlh wrote: »

Sounds very strange - which device are you using? :confused:

HTC One X, standard O2 Rom

Which guide do you mean? Help in-game is updated - new control for multi-lane change is tap/hold btw ;)

I am an idiot - scanned your help guide and mis-read swipe up as swipe.

Apologies.

hardCopy wrote: »
    HTC One X, standard O2 Rom

Cheers - do you get same prob downloading anything else? It seems to be a common enough prob...

If you don't mind trying a few things - one of these should sort it:

1. Try downloading on 3G rather than Wifi and see if same

2. Go to Application Manager, clear cache and data for Google Play Store

3. Stop the Google Services Framework process and then clear cache and data

4. Go to http://play.google.com/store , click on "My Orders & Settings" at the bottom, give a nick name to your phone and make sure the "Show in menus" is checked, click on "update" to confirm the changes

5. Reboot

I am an idiot - scanned your help guide and mis-read swipe up as swipe.

Apologies.

No problemo!

Cheers - do you get same prob downloading anything else? It seems to be a common enough prob...

4. Go to http://play.google.com/store , click on "My Orders & Settings" at the bottom, give a nick name to your phone and make sure the "Show in menus" is checked, click on "update" to confirm the changes

5. Reboot

You might also have to remove the original game from your device - just a random thought.

5. Reboot

It's happening for other apps as well now. Will have a proper play around later as I have no wifi and am low on 3G data allowance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I just tried to install it again via that link in your first post so I could rate it, but it's telling me "This item cannot be installed in your device's country" when I try to choose a device. I'm in Canada.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

satchmo wrote: »
    I just tried to install it again via that link in your first post so I could rate it, but it's telling me "This item cannot be installed in your device's country" when I try to choose a device. I'm in Canada.

Were only live in Ireland and Sweden at the moment to test the whole "go live" procedure. When Apple ok the app we'll be pushing both apple and android live worldwide. Ill give you a ping then!

Just downloaded and did the jump on my HP Touchpad running CyanMod 9.0
    Happy days - really nice seeing it on a larger screen - bit easier with my stupid fat fingers than on a S3.

Advertisement