Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Salary differences

Options
  • 12-01-2021 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Scenario is two people on 50k a year.

Person 1 is on 50k flat

Person 2 is on 35k with 15k extra including overtime etc. Person two gets one cheque a month with these extra allowances.

Two peolpe earning the same yearly but does person two come out with less money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Scenario is two people on 50k a year.

Person 1 is on 50k flat

Person 2 is on 35k with 15k extra including overtime etc. Person two gets one cheque a month with these extra allowances.

Two peolpe earning the same yearly but does person two come out with less money?

No difference if all the €15k is taxable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

So does the first person have to do any overtime?
    For me I'd pick the first option.
    I'm not sure how that set up will be viewed by lending institutions. You might officially show your salary as 35k and not 50k which could cause an issue with loans or mortgages

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

My question here is both are on the same money yearly but the fact that person 2 is paid overtime/allowances in one week a month, does that not mean that they will pay more tax?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My question here is both are on the same money yearly but the fact that person 2 is paid overtime/allowances in one week a month, does that not mean that they will pay more tax?

Is person a paid weekly or monthly?
    Is person b paid weekly or monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

No.

The tax balances out over the year, or in this case every month.

they will pay less tax for three weeks, and more in the week they get the top up pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If there is it can all be rectified by filing an assessment with revenue online

Advertisement