Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pitfalls of buying online

• 05-01-2021 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Littlewoods Ireland have really lost all sense of fairness and customer service over the last two years or so.
    They have increasingly made contact more and more difficult so that it is all but impossible to get a complaint satisfied.
    A few months ago I ordered a rug, it never arrived but in it's place came a runner and mat set that I did not order and did not want. The items were duly returned via Parcel Motel, collected and delivered back to Littlewoods by Fastway Couriers. I retain the receipt. And a confirmation E-Mail from Fastway Cork that the Item was delievered back to the retailer.
    Littlewoods deny the items were returned and refuse any further engagement on the matter. So I am still charged for the rug I ordered and did not get, and to add salt to the wound they also added the price of the returned runner and mat to my account.
    I ordered at the beginning of December a pair of Pillow Protectors. They did not arrive, and the tracking information has not altered for a month. So I rang Littlewoods number, which takes a good ten to fifteen minutes to get through their contact landmines, to then find yourself talking to an Indian call centre with operators who are somewhat difficult to understand.
    On the first occasion I was told the Pillow Protectors were on their way and I brought up about the rug fiasco, was put on hold then after about a minute I was quietly disconnected. The second time I rang I was told the Pillow Protectors were in the warehouse and would be with me in three days, yes you guessed it, non arrival, and still no action on the items online tracking!
    I have a pay as you go phone and it costs 5 euro a pop to call Littlewoods help line which gives you absolutely no help.
    The items involved are not expensive but I am not about to let Littlewoods take my money and fail to resolve the fact that my account is now incorrect. The issue of trust is also involved as I will now never buy from them again. I am an old age pensioner and hardly made of money.
    I have made an application to the Small Claims Court to recoup the money from Littlewoods.
    So I am just adding this cautionary tale to Boards to warn others of the way online shopping can and does go very wrong and how difficult retailers make things for their customers. My advice would be to buy from someone trustworthy who will service your account and relationship with ease and honesty. Sadly Littlewoods have deteriorated to extremely substandard levels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

Can anyone tell me what this is , its from alliexpress, but not what i ordered?

and

horse7 wrote: »
    Objet d'art???

Probably, supposed to be a USB c adapter.

I bought something similar for my folks off amazon. The clear / see through bit sticks onto the wall and the white part slots down into the tab on the part that's now stuck to the wall.

The corrugated wheels are used to grip the handles of cleaning equipment like mops, sweeping brushes etc.

It might not be the same, but that's my impressions at least. I might have photos that I can show, but I'll have to dig them out.

• Advertisement

Link to the amazon order

and here's what they look like when installed

539139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Littlewoods Ireland have really lost all sense of fairness and customer service over the last two years or so.
    They have increasingly made contact more and more difficult so that it is all but impossible to get a complaint satisfied.
    A few months ago I ordered a rug, it never arrived but in it's place came a runner and mat set that I did not order and did not want. The items were duly returned via Parcel Motel, collected and delivered back to Littlewoods by Fastway Couriers. I retain the receipt. And a confirmation E-Mail from Fastway Cork that the Item was delievered back to the retailer.
    Littlewoods deny the items were returned and refuse any further engagement on the matter. So I am still charged for the rug I ordered and did not get, and to add salt to the wound they also added the price of the returned runner and mat to my account.
    I ordered at the beginning of December a pair of Pillow Protectors. They did not arrive, and the tracking information has not altered for a month. So I rang Littlewoods number, which takes a good ten to fifteen minutes to get through their contact landmines, to then find yourself talking to an Indian call centre with operators who are somewhat difficult to understand.
    On the first occasion I was told the Pillow Protectors were on their way and I brought up about the rug fiasco, was put on hold then after about a minute I was quietly disconnected. The second time I rang I was told the Pillow Protectors were in the warehouse and would be with me in three days, yes you guessed it, non arrival, and still no action on the items online tracking!
    I have a pay as you go phone and it costs 5 euro a pop to call Littlewoods help line which gives you absolutely no help.
    The items involved are not expensive but I am not about to let Littlewoods take my money and fail to resolve the fact that my account is now incorrect. The issue of trust is also involved as I will now never buy from them again. I am an old age pensioner and hardly made of money.
    I have made an application to the Small Claims Court to recoup the money from Littlewoods.
    So I am just adding this cautionary tale to Boards to warn others of the way online shopping can and does go very wrong and how difficult retailers make things for their customers. My advice would be to buy from someone trustworthy who will service your account and relationship with ease and honesty. Sadly Littlewoods have deteriorated to extremely substandard levels.

Would you not be better off doing a chargeback through whatever means you used to pay? Would save you the fee for using the SCC

Also maybe consider changing your phone plan to 48.ie, free unlimited Irish calls and texts and 100gb data included for under a tenner a month

Link to the amazon order

and here's what they look like when installed

539139.jpg

Amazing, so it's not going to work as a USB c adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭10-10-20

A wall mounted object holder. You push the brush/mop handle in past the two gears and it's held up by the elastic. Try it and see.

Edit - sorry, didn't refresh the page and see you got to that point already. :)

Advertisement