Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin Exchange Traded Crypto FAQs | BTCE: Where to Buy it

• 10-01-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I am with Degiro / Revolut and I want to buy an ETF called Bitcoin Exchange Traded Crypto FAQs | BTCE, which isn't available on either so what's the cheapest online broker that I can buy this ETF with ?

Note I would be grateful for any response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Why go for the ETF when Revolut allows you to track BTC's price in their app? Seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭whiz

grindle wrote: »
    Why go for the ETF when Revolut allows you to track BTC's price in their app? Seems pointless.

Yep I understand that Revolut allows you to buy it directly but then you need somewhere to store it so my preference is ETF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

whiz wrote: »
    Yep I understand that Revolut allows you to buy it directly but then you need somewhere to store it so my preference is ETF

Revolut doesn't let you 'buy' any BTC. It technically just exposes you to the price actions. You don't own any crypto or need to store it anywhere when you buy with Revolut.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Revolut doesn't let you 'buy' any BTC. It technically just exposes you to the price actions. You don't own any crypto or need to store it anywhere when you buy with Revolut.

So when I go I see the screen shot so if I put 27k in a purchase order what do I get in return ?

Also would it process if u put something smaller e.g. 10k ?

So when I go I see the screen shot so if I put 27k in a purchase order what do I get in return ?

Also would it process if u put something smaller e.g. 10k ?

You get the opportunity to track BTC's price but can't move the BTC anywhere.

Yes, Bitcoin is buyable in fractions.

• Advertisement

You get the opportunity to track BTC's price but can't move the BTC anywhere.

Yes, Bitcoin is buyable in fractions.

So what is the drawbacks to this ?

Is one of them you don't own bitcoin

So what is the drawbacks to this ?

Is one of them you don't own bitcoin

That's it. You can't own it, pay it to anybody or use it as collateral so it's a trade-off between the convenience of using Revolut vs the inconvenience of not being able to do what you want with the asset. Most people are just hoarding it anyway, that's the new BTC meta.

That's it. You can't own it, pay it to anybody or use it as collateral so it's a trade-off between the convenience of using Revolut vs the inconvenience of not being able to do what you want with the asset. Most people are just hoarding it anyway, that's the new BTC meta.

Ok say I process 27k against bitcoin on Revolut so where does the money go ?
    Plus if you decide you want your money back how do you get it back ?
    Lastly is there any Revolut fees in bitcoin transactions?

Ok say I process 27k against bitcoin on Revolut so where does the money go ?
    Plus if you decide you want your money back how do you get it back ?
    Lastly is there any Revolut fees in bitcoin transactions?

Presumably they're either buying it as a custodian or in a deal with another custodian, in which case you've given money to whomever wanted to sell BTC.

You sell when you want to, whether that's a loss or a gain depends on if somebody wants to buy it at the price you want to sell it at.
    We charge a fee for cryptocurrency exchanges. This fee is 2.5% for Standard users (and 1.5% for Premium and Metal users). We don't charge you any other fees for this service.

Those fees are quite high, but you're paying for convenience.

Presumably they're either buying it as a custodian or in a deal with another custodian, in which case you've given money to whomever wanted to sell BTC.

You sell when you want to, whether that's a loss or a gain depends on if somebody wants to buy it at the price you want to sell it at.

Those fees are quite high, but you're paying for convenience.

So is 2.5% for each sake or purchase you do ?

• Advertisement

So is 2.5% for each sake or purchase you do ?

Seems that way, I'm sure they have an FAQ section or terms section you can read, I don't use their crypto service.

Personal Google Assistant Shutting Down

Seems that way, I'm sure they have an FAQ section or terms section you can read, I don't use their crypto service.

Personal Google Assistant Shutting Down

Thanks for all your help ðŸ‘

Advertisement