13-12-2020, 20:57   #46
h2005

What size of a company is this? Messing around with salary like this is a massive red flag. I'd be looking elsewhere, it doesn't sound like this company is liquid
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2020, 21:03   #47
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2005 View Post
What size of a company is this? Messing around with salary like this is a massive red flag. I'd be looking elsewhere, it doesn't sound like this company is liquid
You base that on this thread?

Wow.

Did you even bother to read the final post of the op or just jump in with an utterly ridiculous ASSumption?
13-12-2020, 21:15   #48
JayRoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyfairy12 View Post
Thanks everyone, he's not a dangerous person and he is making PRSI returns, to be honest I dont think he has any control over that, he simply puts all the staffs names into the computer and the payment sector deal with it from there. He just forgot to put my name in but all is sorted now and im sure it wont happen again, if it does, ill have words with him. Thanks again everyone for the replies.
Sorry but that is not on. I have been a small business owner a few times and if I ****ed up paying one of my lads even once I would have met them, immediately, with my own cash. Putting up with not being paid for over a month and then getting just a fraction of what you are owed....? If you don't mind me asking, OP, are you quite young/is this your first job?

Edit: I would echo (and I appreciate this is an easy thing for a randomer on the internet to say, but seriously..) the advice to look for alternative employment. A boss's primary concern is making sure his people are paid on time, what they are owed. If not GTFO

Last edited by JayRoc; 13-12-2020 at 22:15.
(3) thanks from:
13-12-2020, 21:37   #49
STB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post

Wow.

Did you even bother to read the final post of the op or just jump in with an utterly ridiculous ASSumption?

I am in agreement with the person you are ripping into.

I read the OP posts. There is still nothing acceptable about it. "Forgetting" to put someone on the payroll is no oversight.

It stinks of gross incompetence, cash flow problems or some stroke that I haven't figured out.

The "manager" has written out a cheque (unclear whether personal or business) for 2 weeks pay. The OP is owed a months pay, so I gather they are paid fortnightly. The try on's keep on coming. Who in their right mind thinks its acceptable to say sorry I forgot to put you in again and not offer an immediate resolution. Either way this cheque doesn't comprise PRSI etc and is a mess in a few weeks.

WOW indeed.
(4) thanks from:
13-12-2020, 21:43   #50
h2005

Quote:

Wow.

I read the first post and replied. Jesus your life must be pretty miserable if that's your response to a post
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2020, 23:02   #51
Darc19

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2005 View Post
I read the first post and replied. Jesus your life must be pretty miserable if that's your response to a post
So you can tell the financial health of a company by a couple of posts and the poster accepting it was an error.

As I said Wow!

I'd say something else regarding your post, but would probably banned
13-12-2020, 23:23   #52
h2005

Quote:
So you can tell the financial health of a company by a couple of posts and the poster accepting it was an error.

As I said Wow!

I'd say something else regarding your post, but would probably banned
I think you need to read my post again. I said what it looked like to me. I’m not really sure why that triggers you so badly that you’re worried about getting banned. Seems a tad of an over reaction 🀷*♂️
(3) thanks from:
16-12-2020, 02:07   #53

I left a company 3yrs ago, due to this and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it. That's straight from a WRC adjudicator's mouth. This happened 3 times on a monthly salary with me, and I had to wait a week each time, then the company put out an email telling us that if THEY made a mistake from then on, we'd have to wait until the END of the following month to be paid. Their big excuse was because their wages were processed in England they couldn't exchange info due to GDPR.

Companies in the ROI get off with a litany of crap. I had to jump through hoops to save my credit rating due to missed mortgage payments etc. My advice is get out of it and find another job.
Thanks from:
17-12-2020, 02:41   #54
Strumms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly25 View Post
I left a company 3yrs ago, due to this and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it. That's straight from a WRC adjudicator's mouth. This happened 3 times on a monthly salary with me, and I had to wait a week each time, then the company put out an email telling us that if THEY made a mistake from then on, we'd have to wait until the END of the following month to be paid. Their big excuse was because their wages were processed in England they couldn't exchange info due to GDPR.

Companies in the ROI get off with a litany of crap. I had to jump through hoops to save my credit rating due to missed mortgage payments etc. My advice is get out of it and find another job.
I’m willing to bet, nobody in payroll saw a ‘letter of concern’ get added to their file let alone disciplined.

If GDPR is an issue, I’m not sure it should have been though... they need to outsource the Irish payroll to Ireland to get processed and so that any errors, discrepancies or indeed systematic incompetence as in this cases(s) can be handled with proper two way communication that leads to an effective, efficient resolution for the employee.

No good in telling somebody... “ yes we fûcked up, underplayed you by xxx amount but we can’t talk to you about it, neither are we going to rectify it till next months paycheck.“

Irish companies or companies IN Ireland do get off with a litany of crap. Ever ask yourself why so many multinationals set up here ? Sure, the highly educated and industrious workforce is a reason, low corporation tax too but let’s not kid ourselves... the almost non existent employment law, a Labour court / WRC that only really the employer needs to manipulate and whom are loathed to ever take a black and white legal view or determination... for upsetting the apple cart.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-12-2020, 06:29   #55
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyfairy12 View Post
Thanks everyone, he's not a dangerous person and he is making PRSI returns, to be honest I dont think he has any control over that, he simply puts all the staffs names into the computer and the payment sector deal with it from there. He just forgot to put my name in but all is sorted now and im sure it wont happen again, if it does, ill have words with him. Thanks again everyone for the replies.
If he didn't put you in the system, then how can prsi returns be done? Check on your revenue account to see if you are registered with this company at all and what, if any, information they've processed for you. (this is required by law to be done at every payroll cycle)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion