01-12-2020, 15:13   #871
rpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
just changed my delivery address to UK (parcelmotel) and its available too, not for my Irish address though.
Yes happening quite frequently, to me also.

Wanted a particular Bosch pressure washer. Completely unavailable when delivery address set to Ireland. Once changed to UK (NI address) the product appeared with the deal price and I made the purchase.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2020, 11:22   #872
Car99

I'm wondering is prime worth it . On black friday the was an offer on 4L oil limited to one item per Amazon account. So firstly on my prime account I ordered one 4L can of oil.
I have another amazon account NOT prime that I very very rarely use which I used to purchase another 4L can of oil which included free shipping.
Now my non prime item was delivered today and my prime delivery is not due for another two days.
Both item were dispatched from the same location in the UK and were scanned in to DuB by an post within an hour of each other.

Last edited by Car99; 02-12-2020 at 11:31.
02-12-2020, 11:35   #873
Car99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Hodge View Post
£15.01 plus 21% VAT = £18.16.

That's normal for vat excluded in UK but liable of vat here.
Yep I bought a childs car seat off Amazon UK 5% vat in UK and 23% here . Addresspal worked out cheaper in that case.
02-12-2020, 11:37   #874
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car99 View Post
I'm wondering is prime worth it . On black friday the was an offer on 4L oil limited to one item per Amazon account. So firstly on my prime account I ordered one 4L can of oil.
I have another amazon account NOT prime that I very very rarely use which I used to purchase another 4L can of oil which included free shipping.
Now my non prime item was delivered today and my prime delivery is not due for another two days.
Both item were dispatched from the same location in the UK and were scanned in to DuB by an post within an hour of each other.
Depends how much you use it I guess. I've been getting deliveries almost everyday for the last few weeks, everything from a radiator key to computer parts so for me it's excellent - I also use the streaming service. If you're using it once in a blue moon probably not.
Thanks from:
03-12-2020, 09:30   #875
MOH

Have to say, much as I hate Amazon these days (their website is awful, it's all geared towards selling what they want you to buy rather than what you're actually looking for), delivery was pretty good.

Ordered some RAM and an SSD Monday evening, RAM delivered lunchtime yesterday, SSD due today.

And that was after selecting free delivery by December 15th. Glad I didn't bother paying extra for express delivery!
Advertisement
03-12-2020, 15:25   #876
MOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
Have to say, much as I hate Amazon these days (their website is awful, it's all geared towards selling what they want you to buy rather than what you're actually looking for), delivery was pretty good.

Ordered some RAM and an SSD Monday evening, RAM delivered lunchtime yesterday, SSD due today.

And that was after selecting free delivery by December 15th. Glad I didn't bother paying extra for express delivery!
No, I take that back. Got a mail saying for today's delivery they "ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. We will try again". But if I have information which would help them complete the delivery, I should update the delivery instructions.

I might be able to do that if they gave me any kind of meaningful information. Can they not find the address? Not access the building? Will the item not fit in the postbox? Are they missing my contact number? Did the driver retreat after beiing attacked by a flock of rabid seagulls?

That's about the level of completely useless information I've come to expect from Amazon.
03-12-2020, 18:16   #877
Discodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post

The Channel 4 program about Amazon said that where your product is listed depends on how much you pay. Also you pay to become Amazon's Choice.
04-12-2020, 13:03   #878
BohsCeltic

Well after they cancelled my prime and refunded me i just got a notification from revolut that they have taken 7.99. Useless, now have to go through the whole crap again.
04-12-2020, 14:29   #879
OU812

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohsCeltic View Post
Well after they cancelled my prime and refunded me i just got a notification from revolut that they have taken 7.99. Useless, now have to go through the whole crap again.
You can block the subscription in Revolut

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion