Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you do Asda click and collect as a ROI cardholder?

• 04-12-2018 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I wanted to get some bits on the weekend for Christmas up north, and I was going to do click and collect so I so I would be guaranteed to get some bits like the leg of lamb (which sold out in store last time I was up) and a wooden toy washing machine for my son. However, it keeps asking for a UK phone and billing address when I go to check out.

Any way around this to put the order thru?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

Hi All,

I wanted to get some bits on the weekend for Christmas up north, and I was going to do click and collect so I so I would be guaranteed to get some bits like the leg of lamb (which sold out in store last time I was up) and a wooden toy washing machine for my son. However, it keeps asking for a UK phone and billing address when I go to check out.

Yes I'd be interested in knowing this too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi All,

I cant really answer the query but can sorta tell you how Argos work which is similar in a way. I dont live that far from the border and would order stuff in Argos NI from time to time. Paying in advance ensures they hold the item(s) for 7 days as opposed to 2 if you just reserve it. Anyhow its a year or so since I last paid in advance and Im fairly sure that they rejected one payment method first as I also had to provide a UK mobile number. From memory I think it was the credit card that the would accept but when I tried paying with PayPal it flew through. In saying that it may have been the other way round i.e. Paypal didnt work but credit or debit card did.

If you can find a phone number for them maybe give them a call or email them as they would be used to this type of situation so should be able to answer your query there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is this still the case with Asda? Any issues with RoI addresses for c&c?

Is there any c&c discounts anywhere? I know Quidco have £7 back on £40 for home deliveries.

Is there a purchase number limit on their Just Essentials grocery range?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Never used the Asda c&c so cant really comment other than to say that I never heard of any discounts and the normal customer quotas where applicable would apply.

Probably best to give them a call. Their store numbers are all listed online and where you see those numbers beginning with 4428 replace those digits with 048 followed by the remainder of the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Loads of UK cashback sites out there like jamdoughnut, TCB, Quidco - totally unlike Ireland. Asda used to limit on their value line, dunno if it is still applies before I pop up. Their Just Essentials tea, coffee, wheat bix cereal, rice, come recommended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Not yet shopped in Asda but I did hit a 24 item limit in Tesco up there before, couldn't complete a transaction of more than 24 of the same item in one transaction, wasn't a problem, just did 2 transactions. Perhaps thats a default trigger amount across the board, no idea.

Advertisement