Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2011 Audi A1 sat nav and telephone

• 18-07-2019 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi i have a 2011 audi a1 and when i press the buttons for telephone or sat nav it says not available. Is there a way of getting this to work. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just because the buttons are present doesn't mean the car was fitted with the functionality. They just fit generic parts and when these options are bought by the first owner then the functionality is fitted at the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Start by asking a dealer for a quote, then check with local auto electricians, then decide what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On a 2011 system the nav won’t be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gtapo

yeah the sat nav probably wouldnt be worth it but what is the best way of getting the telephone to work.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Gtapo wrote: »
    yeah the sat nav probably wouldnt be worth it but what is the best way of getting the telephone to work.Thanks

Pair your phone through Bluetooth

• Advertisement

Pair your phone through Bluetooth

It doesn’t have Bluetooth. They need to get the Bluetooth module and microphone, or just fit an aftermarket kit. Audi solution is neater and of course more expensive. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

An option might be to use an after market sat nav with phone capability such as

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-GO-Premium-Lifetime-Navigation/dp/B07NC3W4HC

Or for a larger screen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Lifetime-Speedcam-Warnings-Navigation/dp/B07NC4FR2K

Another option would be to replace your radio with one to support bluetooth calling.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install-adaptors/audi/a1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It doesn’t have Bluetooth. They need to get the Bluetooth module and microphone, or just fit an aftermarket kit. Audi solution is neater and of course more expensive. .

Well that would piss me right off. A telephone button that doesn’t have a use. It’s like an ass with no hole.

Well that would piss me right off. A telephone button that doesn’t have a use. It’s like an ass with no hole.

Quite common on slightly older cars.

The brothers Superb Elegance has a huge spec level including heated rear seats but no phone module. It has feckin satnav but no phone.
    We had a Tiguan in the family too that could park itself but didn’t have Bluetooth.

The technology only became mainstream about 2010 a couple of years earlier it did not even exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gtapo

colm_mcm wrote: »

Would the Bluetooth module be difficult to install. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Have a late 2014 A1, same issue as OP but at least it has the blue tooth so phone buttons work. Only need to get the sat nav working. Will ask Audi for cost when I am speaking to them in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

dingding wrote: »
    The technology only became mainstream about 2010 a couple of years earlier it did not even exist.

Bluetooth has been around since the early 2000’s, I had it on my Nokia 6310i which is more than 15 years ago. Same for old laptops.

Yep, Bluetooth was very common as an aftermarket accessory from around 2005 onwards. Audi had the tech there, but could make more money selling it as an extra.
    Not just Audi of course. It was 2009 before Toyota had factory Bluetooth on an Irish spec (Urban Cruiser)

Bluetooth has been around since the early 2000’s, I had it on my Nokia 6310i which is more than 15 years ago. Same for old laptops.

I had the same phone and used bluetooth to teather it to my HP pocket pc. I had bluetooth in an 05 lexus where it handled phone calls, but I think it was a while later before it was a mainstream option for a car. I had an 08 bmw and it was not fitted to the car as standard.

Advertisement