Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claim Money

• 04-04-2019 9:31am

Hi there, I split with my partner after 14 years, wahoo, she is due to receive a large sum of money from a claim and I was wondering am I entitled to half of it as we were classed as a been in a civil partnership after 10 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

dazza70 wrote: »
    Hi there, I split with my partner after 14 years, wahoo, she is due to receive a large sum of money from a claim and I was wondering am I entitled to half of it as we were classed as a been in a civil partnership after 10 years.

I wouldn't have thought so OP. Is this a personal injuries claim? Monies awarded in a PI claim are supposed to be used for medical expenses and ongoing treatment and expenses incurred as a result of the injury suffered. That sort of thing. Theoretically there shouldn't be enough left to split 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

dazza70 wrote: »

Leave her alone and don’t be a sponger

Wahoo as you said , sounds like you glad to be split so why would you want financial gain

Cheers, thats all I needed to know

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi dazza70,

Welcome to Boards. While it sounds like you've gotten an answer, I believe the Legal Discussion forum may be a better place to ask this question as they may be able to provide more insight.

Advertisement