Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Christmas Game?

Options
  • 18-12-2018 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

I suppose it could mean both Christmas-based and just Christmas time in general, but my vote goes to Christmas Nights on the Sega Saturn :)

Originally, Nights was a flagship title for the Saturn, but they also released a stand-alone version called Christmas Nights just for...well, Christmas! Great little game.

If I remember correctly, once your memory system hit December 25th, something else happened in the game?

Can anyone beat this for the most Christmassy game ever?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Did Lemmings (or some edition of) do similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

horgan_p wrote: »
    Did Lemmings (or some edition of) do similar ?

Yup

Cannon Fodder had a Christmas demo, which had a Sensible Soccer level/tie-in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Yeah lemmings rings a bell around Christmas?

I remember getting that Christmas nights game when it came out, very cool! Still have it.

There was a disc printing factory in Dublin, and as far as I know it was the main distributor for all sega games in Europe? A lot of stuff used to fall off the back of a truck (and into my hands, via friends of friends). I did my teeny tiny part in Segas downfall :/

If only Id known where Saturn prices were going to go! 200 copies of panzer dragoon saga please :P

Christmas cannon fodder! It just doesn't sound right :P Always remember the little hill were each of your fallen soldiers would be buried

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The lightgun section in Die hard Trilogy :D

• Advertisement

I specifically remember someone in my class going mad about house of the dead only being on Saturn, but was looking forward to getting diehard on the ps1. He wasn't too happy when it turned out only one section of the game was lightgun (and not brilliant!)

Still, its Christmas themed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Moley Christmas on the ZX Spectrum, free on the cover of Your Sinclair magazine January 1988 issue (so December '87). Massive game, that took literally several minutes to finish.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Santa's Christmas Capers on the Spectrum

o1s1n wrote: »
    The lightgun section in Die hard Trilogy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    James Pond II Robocod , for me.

https://youtu.be/oPm3AqBkPg4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Totally forgot that duke3d had a Christmas version. Probably ****e though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭geotrig

daze before xmas on the snes ...has everything

Advertisement