Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭kirving

Did about 800km up to and around Donegal over the weekend, and definitely needs a wash at this stage.

Here she is at Slieve League cliffs on the west coast of Donegal. Almost 3 times higher that the cliffs of Moher.

For anyone visiting, open the gate(only for livestock or bad weather) by the lower car park, and drive the 2km up to the viewpoint car park. I ended up giving a couple a lift there when they realised the road just kept going and going over multiple crests.

377919.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Quick wash and shammy in the local DIY washer this morning. Quick Hoover later then get around to paying tax in the next week or two :(

2roq9uh.jpg

34j5dfo.jpg

Truckermal wrote: »
    Washed it for Valentine's day and ended up detarring it too.

Shocking big antenna on that yoke. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Shocking big antenna on that yoke. :p

Cork is huge after all!!

Well I hit the magical 200,000km today. Better put it online for breaking.

28i50lw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Is it me or is your offside headlight bulb whiter than the nearside bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Awesome photo, Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

GvidoR wrote: »
    Awesome photo, Kevin.

Thought you were talking to me for a second :D

bear1 wrote: »
    Thought you were talking to me for a second :D

Ah, at least now I know your name. :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

IMAG2270.jpg

Cars look very clean. Here's my dirty yoke back in Sligo for a mini break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

How did you get in/out of it parked so tightly? Looks like a spot where you're guaranteed to get a nice ding on your door :pac:

That's Strandhill. :)

Love the AC sticker, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah, at least now I know your name. :P

Fairly sure I had mentioned already in the past that my name is Kevin :P

shietpilot wrote: »
    How did you get in/out of it parked so tightly? Looks like a spot where you're guaranteed to get a nice ding on your door :pac:

There was nothing either side of me when I parked. I had to get into it on the passenger side too.

Yep, Strandhill. Went for a seaweed bath after climbing Knocknacrea.

beertons wrote: »
    Yep, Strandhill. Went for a seaweed bath after climbing Knocknacrea.

Did you go in for some Maple Moose ice cream too? :D

That place is only about 20-30 min from me.

Afraid not. Didn't bring a change of clothes with me, had to put back on my manky t-shirt after the bath. So zoomed back to the hotel for a change of clothes, then out to mollies for cheesy chips and a few pints watching the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I love molly's, every time I am in Sligo I hit up that place :)

Awesome photo, Kevin.

Am i the only one that can't see it? I just get an error message :(

shietpilot wrote: »
    Is it me or is your offside headlight bulb whiter than the nearside bulb?

Probably. Both those bulbs went fairly swiftly (at the same time, too! that was a fun fog-light illuminated drive around the middle of nowhere searching for a garage).

that 'posed' photo was a little while ago.

Am i the only one that can't see it? I just get an error message :(

Try this
    http://i.imgur.com/iQTj88Q.jpg

YbFocus wrote: »
    I love molly's, every time I am in Sligo I hit up that place :)

Ill move this chat to the chat thread, so we see more pics here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

My Mondeo recently got new wheels and a wash. Not bad for the mileage. Missus picked up the Ibiza last weekend.

IMG_20160201_174111.jpg

IMG_20160215_113859.jpg

IMG_20160213_120050.jpg

My Mondeo recently got new wheels and a wash. Not bad for the mileage..

Do you find that the 'high mileage' actually really makes any difference to the car? Does it start to become noisier in the cabin and more things start randomly breaking to the extent people would have you believe? :P

Do you find that the 'high mileage' actually really makes any difference to the car? Does it start to become noisier in the cabin and more things start randomly breaking to the extent people would have you believe? :P

Nah, nothing unexpected anyway. I bought it 4 1/2 years ago with 150k on it and a FSH for €9k. I couldn't turn it down at that money for a 2.5 year old car that was nearly €30k new and Ford dealers were looking for €15k.

I've kept up the servicing every 20k and beyond that and consumables, it's needed just a DMF at 240k (expected at some stage), the exhaust backbox rotted away by 280k and a starter motor and battery in the last few weeks. Nothing else bar a few bulbs.

There's a bit of turbo whistle and a small bit of smoke when cold but beyond that it's faultless. I'd love a new car but this will do for another 12 months or so. It owes me nothing at this stage.

Nah, nothing unexpected anyway. beyond that it's faultless. It owes me nothing at this stage.

Ah, no way. :( Sounds like a write off alright. Sorry man.

:D

Seriously though, if I get away with a similar list on the C5 I think I'll be a happy camper. My service intervals are closer to the 10km mark so far (which I aim to keep up) but aside from the brake pads going at the moment, nothing's shown on the C5 yet (admittedly it only went over 200k today, but I've only owned it 6 months and put 23k on it in that time).

Can I ask what kinda miles you're doing? I'm racking up a lot on the motorway and I get the feeling that a Diesel on the motorway network won't suffer much wear/tear despite the mileage they'll accumulate.

As I say, I'm servicing mine at every 10k, but a part of me kinda feels like a bit of a chump doing so. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I would have advised that servicing every 10k km (6k miles) is excessive but then again I'm sure you'd read somewhere of a man who services his car every 5k km and think that's the best way to do things.

166man wrote: »
    I would have advised that servicing every 10k km (6k miles) is excessive but then again I'm sure you'd read somewhere of a man who services his car every 5k km and think that's the best way to do things.

Well realistically it's closer to the 12.5km mark that it's actually getting serviced, but my plan all along was to try and keep it as close to 10km as possible. Now that I'm actually driving it, and I'm racking up mileage swifter than anticipated (I thought I'd average out about 30-35 per year, but so far its, as said above, 23k in 6 months) it seems it could well be a frequent affair.

As an aside, I'd service it every 5k if i was doing small mileage, but pot-shot appreciated all the same. :rolleyes: :p

Ah, no way. :( Sounds like a write off alright. Sorry man.

Can I ask what kinda miles you're doing?

As I say, I'm servicing mine at every 10k, but a part of me kinda feels like a bit of a chump doing so. :o

There's nothing wrong with it, still going like a train.

I'm doing about 50k a year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Just passed the 333,333 mark on the 535 myself last week. Fingers crossed for no big bills in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I've kept up the servicing every 20k and beyond that and consumables, it's needed just a DMF at 240k (expected at some stage), the exhaust backbox rotted away by 280k and a starter motor and battery in the last few weeks. Nothing else bar a few bulbs.

How did you go about the dmf charlie? Mine is going, havent got around to doing anything yet. Do you mind me asking the rough cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Picked this up in December. Felt there wasn't enough Bimmers in the Motors forum :pac:

This looks very similar to one parked in work @ a large software company in D15?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement