Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Thanks, interesting. I would imagine December is a slow month for these things so signing probably not likely until January at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anne1511

Hi all,

We’re currently having a BIG issue and hope we could get some tips from anyone that encountered the same situation or is familiar with it.

We were due to close this week, however AMOSS failed to provide our solicitor with a letter from the local authority to confirm that the development complies with Part V of the Planning and Development Act.

Our solicitor requested this official letter at the very beginning of the process (around end of July last year ) but it was never provided. It seems that the negotiations are still ongoing between the vendor and local authorities.

As it turns out, we were advised last Monday that it could take up to 2 months to get that letter.

We were already so excited to spend our first Christmas in our new house but it looks like it won’t happen... We’re utterly devastated...

Did anyone else have this issue?

Thanks a million for your feedback!

Anne

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Born78

BWT wrote: »
    Born78 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    we purchased in Rahillion Drive (Phase 3) and construction works are about to start.
    Can someone tell us if the builder was available to agree to little modifications: for example adding extra sockets, changing kitchen shelves colours and so on.
    Btw, we will paying any extra cost.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Born78
    We are also in the phase 3. We went to the kitchen people directly to make changes to our kitchen, they sent us a quote for the agreed changes and we pay directly to them. It’s installed by CKB design co Meath.
    I don’t know about extra sockets but would like to know about his too. Hope to put high speed car charging socket out the front of the house.

Hi there,
    I spoke to Gordon Lynch about sockets and he agreed with no issues. There will be a charge for it.

Just a quick feedback for general interest.
    We are in Rahillion drive (currently under construction). We received contracts the first week of October, we signed after a week plus we lodged 10% to our Solicitor.
    Ballisk Solicitors claimed contracts back just last week, after 2 months. Very much in delay from their side. Do not agree with previous comments that Ballisk will not start building if contracts are not received. They are in delay too.
    Finally, can someone who already moved in, share what major or minor issues have been going through before getting the keys? That would be very much useful for all the others who will be miving in the next 6 months.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sujesha

Hi guys ,

Any suggestions for service providers for broadband and tv ? Anyone using sky tv ?
    Would appreciate feedback .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Anna777

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to recommend a good cabinet maker for the unit in sitting room. Struggling to find anyone that comes recommended.

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boocal2013

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Would anyone have any idea of the floor measurements for the ground and first floor of the 4 bed detached? Im looking for a rough idea to get a price for flooring. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bunt1989

Has anyone received contracts for the final phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Bunt1989 wrote: »
    Has anyone received contracts for the final phase?

We're phase 3, our solicitors received the contracts on Monday. There seems to be an issue with them though as they're for a concrete block house and not timber frame. Our solicitor is trying to find out why they sent the wrong contract. Has anyone from a previous phase had this issue?

• Advertisement

We're phase 3, our solicitors received the contracts on Monday. There seems to be an issue with them though as they're for a concrete block house and not timber frame. Our solicitor is trying to find out why they sent the wrong contract. Has anyone from a previous phase had this issue?

Do you mind telling what street you're on? I'm not sure what # phase we are in. I guess it is 3 too. We put our booking deposit down in August.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

The houses currently being built on the Northern side of Rahillion Drive are wooden frame and are Phase 3. As far as I know, they will move on to Phase 4 when these are complete. I was under the impression that Phase 4 was going to be wooden framed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Do you mind telling what street you're on? I'm not sure what # phase we are in. I guess it is 3 too. We put our booking deposit down in August.

Thanks

We're on Rahillion Place, we put our booking deposit down November 2017

We're on Rahillion Place, we put our booking deposit down November 2017

Oh dear. Fair play for sticking it out this long. Really appreciate the insight.

our contracts landed with the solicitor today. Came with a timber framed spec so not sure if Maldini's solicitor misread them?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Hi there,

We've just moved into Rahillion Park. What have folks done for broadband.

I've been trying to press Virgin on when they're activating the road and Eir are nowhere near installing lines yet.

Any tips form those in Rahillion Crescent or Drive - How long did Virgin take to set up??

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Would anyone have the measurements for the oven, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and dryer for the 4 bed detached? We are due to move in end of Feb but don't have keys yet to measure up and we would like to take advantage of the sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hi. When you get that information, Please let me know. Many thanks lynn

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CPC1234

KB1980 wrote: »
    Would anyone have the measurements for the oven, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and dryer for the 4 bed detached? We are due to move in end of Feb but don't have keys yet to measure up and we would like to take advantage of the sales!

Hi we contacted the kitchen place to get the plans .. they sent us a spec for the kitchen which provide measurements for the house j 4 bed semi detached.

I can’t seem to upload it to here unfortunately

KB1980 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea of the floor measurements for the ground and first floor of the 4 bed detached? Im looking for a rough idea to get a price for flooring. Thanks!

Hi there,
    I have downloaded the house plan for Rahillion Drive, phase 3.
    If you are in the same address, share with me your email address and will email to you.
    Stefano

• Advertisement

Hi

We were also with CKB for kitchen/bathroom modifications recently for Phase 3.
    We were surprised to be told that Phase 3 may only have tiling half way up the walls of the bathrooms. Paint above this.
    I'm fairly sure we were told all bathrooms would be tiled floored to ceiling.

Has anyone else had experience of this or heard similarly?

Thanks

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi

We were also with CKB for kitchen/bathroom modifications recently for Phase 3.
    We were surprised to be told that Phase 3 may only have tiling half way up the walls of the bathrooms. Paint above this.
    I'm fairly sure we were told all bathrooms would be tiled floored to ceiling.

Has anyone else had experience of this or heard similarly?

Thanks

Spec my solicitor sent on says:

Bathroom Specification:
    Wall Finish: 600mm x 300mm ceramic tiles
    Floor Finish: 450mm x 450mm ceramic tiles

I think we are Phase 4. Your solicitor should have the spec?

Bathroom Specification:

Hi Stiofan85

We are Phase 3 - Northern Side of Rahillion Drive.
    The chap I was dealing with in CKB just mentioned that he thought the bathroom designs had changed and that bathrooms would only be tiled halfway up the walls, which isn't ideal.

I just checked and I have same specs as you. The brochure maintains same spec as show houses so we presumed (and were told originally) that our house would be floor to ceiling.

Wonder if anyone else has been told similarly?

Thanks

Hi Stiofan85

They are flying along. Was checking the other day. We're on Rahillion Way but ours seems to be going up in line with your lot, just a bit behind on progress.

They are flying along. Was checking the other day. We're on Rahillion Way but ours seems to be going up in line with your lot, just a bit behind on progress.

Have you been given a realistic snagging date?

Have you been given a realistic snagging date?

No but we only just got contracts before xmas and are signing next week. The Drive has all of the infrastructure built up but the Way is just a building site so I imagine we'll be quite a bit after you for snagging regardless.

Have you been given any guidance on a snag date?

No but we only just got contracts before xmas and are signing next week. The Drive has all of the infrastructure built up but the Way is just a building site so I imagine we'll be quite a bit after you for snagging regardless.

Have you been given any guidance on a snag date?

Any time between March and May we've been told. Another Big Freeze will delay everything so fingers crossed it stays mild!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Hi Stiofan85,

I see that you are on Rahillion Way. That's great news, me too. I signed contracts and the main deposit paid over today. So excited now, put the booking deposit down in Oct 2017, its been a long process but I think it will be worth the wait :)

Can I ask do you have any of the spec to the 4 Bedroom C Type? I have approx measurements of the rooms, but that's all.

Thanks in advance :)

Bathroom Specification:

Hi Stiofan85

The chap I was dealing with in CKB just mentioned that he thought the bathroom designs had changed and that bathrooms would only be tiled halfway up the walls, which isn't ideal.

I just checked and I have same specs as you. The brochure maintains same spec as show houses so we presumed (and were told originally) that our house would be floor to ceiling.

Wonder if anyone else has been told similarly?

Thanks
    Hi there,
    we are on Rahillion drive. Friday, I spoke with Gordon Lynch abd he confirmed all bathrooms in Rahillion Drive will not be tiled up to ceiling, except for shower and bath. Everything else wouls be half walled tiled.
    Even if not happy for that, this the reality for Drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Homer007r

I reviewed photos taken of the 4 bed show house earlier this year and it would appear that the bathrooms were only half way tiled. Deceiving since those bathrooms are small and some had very big mirrors, but it's clear around the radiator.

Advertisement