Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Request] 200Gb HD's?

• 27-07-2005 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a 200gb Harddrive in Dublin (not off the internet) for under 100 Euros. Are aldi still selling cheap hardrives? Any Info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You could have a look in itdirect on parliament street and peats may do them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

lol.
    Thanks, Unfortunately, went to look on Itdirect.ie. For an IT company, thats a bit of a joke. The "product category" doesnt work, and "product manufactor" search gives an error.
    Peats charge 100E for a maxtor 200GB EX vat. So thats 20E too expensive.

EDIT: Got a HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

IT directs web site is dire. its been like that for years. I dunno why they don't fix it up. Best to ring them, though I don't find them as good as they used to be. Just buy it off the web its cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Aldi parnell st still have some of the hard drives i think theyre 200gb for €100 & 250gb for €130.Also seen some 160gb jobbies in PC world Blanchardstown for €89. afaik all of these hdds have a 2Mb cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Marx Computers Fairview. checkthem out www.marxcomputers.ie If you want to call over their address etc is on the website.

160 Gb hd €99. 200Gb €150. I know it's not as cheap as you'd like but I'd recommend them have dealt with them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

I am going to head in on friday so will post if they have any left.

A question for anyone that has seen one. What connectivity do they have? I was hoping it was fireware to connect to my mac. If not i will take it apart and re package it but that would be a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Aldi in Clondlakin had loads of HDs left last night, 250Gb for €99

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭KM

None in Aldi clondalkin about half an hour ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Thanks for the tip. I got 2 from the Aldi in Clondalkin on Friday at about midday and their was still about 6 or 8 left up the front near the checkout. Aldi Tallaght is not far away so could be worth a look.

They are Western Digital HD's so definately good quality.

Advertisement