Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Maybe the prices vary due to the fact there are a few different types of 3 beds so maybe the prices vary accordingly
    But 3 beds dropped, from 315k.
    Think they start from 295k for terraced 3 bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

Ah ok.

I heard there might be a pre launch on Friday for people who have bought already. Hopefully will hear something about it next week.
    Think they start from 295k for terraced 3 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 edkirl

Yeah our 3 bed semi detached came in at 325k for the sanderling b but there are a few other types of 3 bed semis and terraced 3 beds with smaller sqm sizes and another semi 3 bed with larger sqm size than ours so maybe the slightly smaller than ours so may be the lower 315k prices ?

This is what I was thinking otherwise there would be blue murder at the launch.
    edkirl wrote: »
    Yeah our 3 bed semi detached came in at 325k for the sanderling b but there are a few other types of 3 bed semis and terraced 3 beds with smaller sqm sizes and another semi 3 bed with larger sqm size than ours so maybe the slightly smaller than ours so may be the lower 315k prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know which of the 3 beds can have their attics converted, similar to the 4 bed I guess?

• Advertisement

Most attics can be converted these days. Not sure which of the 3 beds could be though judging by the floor plans.

Also the roof height is quiet low so it may not fall into the right category to be deemed a habitable space.

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone know which of the 3 beds can have their attics converted, similar to the 4 bed I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mur223

Has anyone been given an indication as to the times of the show houses this weekend?

I haven't seen any times yet.

pre launch Friday for those who have bought already, waiting for this to be announced also.

I haven't seen any times yet.

pre launch Friday for those who have bought already, waiting for this to be announced also.

That's brilliant re Friday. I will keep an eye out on my emails/online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

I emailed the new contact person at Sherry Fitzgerald yesterday evening asking for date and time of the pre launch of the show houses but no response received yet. If I hear back anything, I will share the info :)

• Advertisement

Pre launch on Saturday at 11am

Open to public 12-2

Pre launch on Saturday at 11am

Open to public 12-2

Brilliant! Thanks for the updates. Can't wait now :)

That’s fantastic thanks a million Simon! So excited!

jozi wrote: »
    I'd suggest you look up the planning permission. All house types with sections will be there. I believe that Building Regulations state that you must have a minimum celling height of 2.4m for 50% of the floor area which is above 1.5m high.

edkirl wrote: »

Just out of curiosity what side of the rise are you on? We also paid 325K for a 3 bed semi on the rise but we are Sanderling type A (108sqm) (Row#26-37)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LJG15

Hey me and my boyfriend have bought a three bed terraced house on the Rise, they told us it was the only one going to be built in the first phase and we really wanted a three bed and didn't think we would ever get one in our price range so we really didn't want to miss out. however, we were never informed about the 3 beds going for €315K, which we might have considered if we had known! We have found Sherry Fitz to be terribly misinformed, its either lack of communication between Glenveagh and themselves or Glenveagh giving Sherry Fitz the wrong information about many things. We also asked if we could pick the TV point in the sitting room and Glenveagh told us no!!

Our valuation report says June and we were told mid June for completion (whether to believe that or not is another thing).

Anyway we are really looking forward to seeing the show houses on Saturday morning and hopefully meet a few of our neighbours :)

I have found Sherry Fitz to be very poor on the whole.

The builder will allow no alterations, no matter how big or small which I found disappointing too.

Looking forward to seeing the houses come Saturday and meeting some of our new neighbours.
    LJG15 wrote: »
    Hey me and my boyfriend have bought a three bed terraced house on the Rise, they told us it was the only one going to be built in the first phase and we really wanted a three bed and didn't think we would ever get one in our price range so we really didn't want to miss out. however, we were never informed about the 3 beds going for €315K, which we might have considered if we had known! We have found Sherry Fitz to be terribly misinformed, its either lack of communication between Glenveagh and themselves or Glenveagh giving Sherry Fitz the wrong information about many things. We also asked if we could pick the TV point in the sitting room and Glenveagh told us no!!

Our valuation report says June and we were told mid June for completion (whether to believe that or not is another thing).

Anyway we are really looking forward to seeing the show houses on Saturday morning and hopefully meet a few of our neighbours :)

mur223 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what side of the rise are you on? We also paid 325K for a 3 bed semi on the rise but we are Sanderling type A (108sqm) (Row#26-37)

Hey Mur we are on the same side as you row 26-37 think the sanderling b comes in at 110sq

What did people think after viewing??

was very happy with the viewing. Alot of 3 bed new builds we saw tend to have either a big sitting room & small kitchen vice versa but we thought both were nice and spacious. We were told Q3 for completion Aug/Sept, so it will probably be October! anyone else told Q3 for completion for 3 bed houses on the rise??

• Advertisement

What was the initial date they provided to you?.
    mur223 wrote: »
    was very happy with the viewing. Alot of 3 bed new builds we saw tend to have either a big sitting room & small kitchen vice versa but we thought both were nice and spacious. We were told Q3 for completion Aug/Sept, so it will probably be October! anyone else told Q3 for completion for 3 bed houses on the rise??

What was the initial date they provided to you?.

when we put down the deposit it was june/july. Then the valuation was done 2 weeks ago it said sept 1st. and we double checked today with the sales agent they said Aug/Sept. Friend of ours bought a 3 bed down from us on the rise today and were also told the same as us!

It was a lovely day for the launch and houses looked really well. I liked the 4 bed showhouse with the kitchen island, walk-in wardrobe and massive room up in the attic. 3 beds looked very well too, nice to see many price point options. Houses look well externally as well, very clean look and not too much fuss. The only thing I'm little bit disappointed in is lack of mechanical heat recovery ventilation.

There is a demand control ventilation system in the 4 bed as far as I could see. There were vents in the bathrooms and the kitchen.
    It was a lovely day for the launch and houses looked really well. I liked the 4 bed showhouse with the kitchen island, walk-in wardrobe and massive room up in the attic. 3 beds looked very well too, nice to see many price point options. Houses look well externally as well, very clean look and not too much fuss. The only thing I'm little bit disappointed in is lack of mechanical heat recovery ventilation.

There is a demand control ventilation system in the 4 bed as far as I could see. There were vents in the bathrooms and the kitchen.

What is a demand control ventilation? I've seen standard vents in the walls and control panels on the walls for heating I assume.

There are wall vents but there are also ceiling vents in all the wet rooms. Demand control detects moisture levels, smells in the air etc. It then removes that air and delivers fresh air to the house. It reduces condensation etc which is always good in these super insulated homes. I was talking to a builder onsite about it. In the photo attached you can see one of the ceiling vents in the 4 bed kitchen.
    What is a demand control ventilation? I've seen standard vents in the walls and control panels on the walls for heating I assume.

There are wall vents but there are also ceiling vents in all the wet rooms. Demand control detects moisture levels, smells in the air etc. It then removes that air and delivers fresh air to the house. It reduces condensation etc which is always good in these super insulated homes. I was talking to a builder onsite about it. In the photo attached you can see one of the ceiling vents in the 4 bed kitchen.

Thank you for explaining, noticed vents in the kitchen but wasn't sure what they were for :)

What did you think? :)

No bother.
    Supposedly you can boost the system when having showers etc.

Also the houses are wired for electric car chargers too.
    Thank you for explaining, noticed vents in the kitchen but wasn't sure what they were for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

We spoke to the builder today and he said our house ( row 26-37The Rise) is expected to be complete within 2 months. I was really happy to hear that, but after reading the posts from today I don't know anymore how accurate is this information and if I can trust for him😕
    Someone mentioned the valuation. Is this somethimg that has to be done now and once again when the house is completed? I thought we can get it sorted after completion.

Advertisement