Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I see Borderlands: GOTY edition is now available on current gen consoles but no price on the psn, just 'add to wishlist' option even though it went live at 3pm today.

Anyone know a price on this?

29.99, just checked the web store

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

29.99, just checked the web store

Ah, think I'll pass, may pick up the Handsome Collection, might give 2 another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah, think I'll pass, may pick up the Handsome Collection, might give 2 another go.

If you have the original then the remaster is free

Yeah I'm in no rush to play it again for that price. Handsome collection is great value and the pre sequel is actually alright

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you have the original then the remaster is free

I'm guessing that only applies to PC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm guessing that only applies to PC

Only for the Steam version on PC too. If you have the physical PC copy, you used to be able to add that to Steam via a special granting tool, but 2k pulled that a few weeks before the remaster announcement. So if you have the physical copy, not only can it no longer be added to Steam, it can't be activated to run independently either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So this will be exclusive to the epic game store until April 2020.

Whatever about how bad the epic launcher is I'm more concerned about the lack of security as my account has been hacked and I only downloaded it for a quick go to see what the fortnite fuss was.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So this will be exclusive to the epic game store until April 2020.

Whatever about how bad the epic launcher is I'm more concerned about the lack of security as my account has been hacked and I only downloaded it for a quick go to see what the fortnite fuss was.

Did you have a weak password?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You are nearly spot on, standard and super deluxe are correct except deluxe edition is 84.99 on PSN store. Smyths have standard for 59.99. The article I took the data from only had US prices

Deluxe version would be overpriced then imo. 15 quid for mostly just cosmetic skins. At least with the super deluxe you get the four story dlcs, which would likely be 30 quid on its own. Super deluxe would definitely be the version I'd go for then.

Penn wrote: »
    Deluxe version would be overpriced then imo. 15 quid for mostly just cosmetic skins. At least with the super deluxe you get the four story dlcs, which would likely be 30 quid on its own. Super deluxe would definitely be the version I'd go for then.

Yeah I’m probably going to get the super deluxe too, the story dlc for the last two games were worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope. And not only person that has issues with their lax security.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1LuvFFvii

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nope. And not only person that has issues with their lax security.

Not at all, my account kept getting locked out as some Russians kept attempting to access it. Ended up taking about a week to get in contact with them to delete my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

once upon a time i used the epic launcher as i was doing some training stuff for the game engine i needed an account, so i accidentally typed my password in the user name area and was still able to register the account with a user name that matched my password. Now i eventually got it sorted out. but it's weird that you could even do that in the first place.

Gearbox announced the Vault Insider Program.
    As a Vault Insider you’ll earn points and rewards for doing a lot of the fun stuff that you’d probably be doing anyway, like watching videos, reading articles, checking social media for the latest Borderlands updates, and of course, signing up for the program in the first place. Points can then be redeemed to claim rewards such as Gold Keys, wallpapers, and more in-game and out-of-game rewards that will be announced soon; stay tuned to the website for the latest updates. Oh, and did we mention you’ll receive an exclusive Welcome Pack featuring in-game items for Borderlands 3 just for signing up?

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-04-03-vault-insider-program-what-is-it/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

First step to Epic account security is to enable 2 Factor Authentication.
    I'd also remove any linked cards/Paypal until they upgrade their security.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Really wish they added the Borderlands Remaster as a pre-order bonus like South Park did... I bought The Handsome Collection years ago assumed the first one would be part of it... Sucks that I have to spend another 30 to play the first definitely will be waiting for a price drop on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I see the special edition is available to preorder

Sold out most places apart from gamestop

180 beans and it dosnt even include the game

Rossi IRL wrote: »

It includes the Game and the Season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not on gamestop it doesn't

Have to bundle the game in separate, comes to €250 when bundled which seems steep

€280 when bundled with the version with the season pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I see the special edition is available to preorder

Sold out most places apart from gamestop

For the now very large digital market who might want the collectors edition it's better, they can buy the digital edition and pick up the loot separate.

Version on gamestop seems to be different. Game in the UK and Spain seem to be the only ones in Europe with the game included and price is higher as you'd expect.

3max.jpg

Varik wrote: »
    For the now very large digital market who might want the collectors edition it's better, they can buy the digital edition and pick up the loot separate.

Version on gamestop seems to be different. Game in the UK and Spain seem to be the only ones in Europe with the game included and price is higher as you'd expect.

3max.jpg

Ah that makes sense. Getting very expensive then when you include the game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH if you're the type of numpty who needs these trinkets you deserve to be fleeced ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would buy it if I could spare the money. That's what I buy, I spend money on gaming related products, be they POP figures, figurines (I have all the AC characters up to Unity due to special editions of the games), posters (not so much these days), I even have one of the original Loot Boxes that came with BL2. But, I don't spend money on anything sporty, ie: jerseys, tickets, etc. I don't really spend money on much all else tbh, as I don't have that much of an interest in anything else.

Do I still deserve to be fleeced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up borderlands goty for the Xbox one there during the week.

Good game but borderlands 2 was a huge step up compare to the 1st one.

Have the main story and one of the dlc done and dusted so far would keep going but my hands are hurting me not able for long gaming anymore...

Yeah picked it up aswell. Matchmaking is totally broken. Playing with pals seems ok though. Breezing through it. Doesn't look as brown as it originally did, colours look much better. Forgot what a slog the middle section of the game was in New Haven / Rust Commons.

Loot drop rates seem to have improved, mini map is now there on the top right. They have the shift keys/chest in some hub areas and I got 70 keys starting out so doing the usual of going to it every 5 levels.

I was delighted when the achievements for the claptrap collectibles popped on my imported characters , wasn't looking forward to farming those again. I started a new character but wanted to see if my old characters had anything useful on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah picked it up aswell. Matchmaking is totally broken. Playing with pals seems ok though.

I can’t manage to connect to play with a mate since launch on Wednesday. Pain in the arse. I sent a tweet gearboxes direction, no reply yet.

I can’t manage to connect to play with a mate since launch on Wednesday. Pain in the arse. I sent a tweet gearboxes direction, no reply yet.

Have a look here https://www.psu.com/news/borderlands-goty-connection-issues-port-forwarding/ I had to forward these ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Will try when I get home but come o. Gearbox sort it out ffs. Its out a week now. It should have been patched in the Thursday never mind a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Advertisement