Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭wush06

NATLOR wrote: »
    Totally agree, its pointless spending a couple of hundred on a machine and running mediocre beans through it. I can vouch for Ponaire they are quite reasonable as prices go for freshly roasted beans they have a good range plus free delivery for orders over 500g

Hey is there a place where you can talk and compare all the different type beans and so on instead of in bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

wush06 wrote: »
    Hey is there a place where you can talk and compare all the different type beans and so on instead of in bargain alerts.

There is a coffee and tea forum here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It's all relative. Imo if you are spending €200+ on a machine you might as well put decent beans into it, otherwise I don't really see the point to be honest. You may as well just use pre-ground in a french press - it would be much cheaper.

On the other hand you maybe spending €200+ to save hundreds. I certainly have! Probably thousands at this stage!!

If you switch from a starbucks a day to making your own coffee at home, it will pay for itself within 9 months. 3 cups a day.....

I find that even with cheap lavazza beans you still get a far better coffee then starbucks and save lots of money. And even cheap lavazza will be far better then pre-ground in a french press, while being much easier to use and no more expensive beyond the initial investment.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to spend the extra, that is cool, treat yourself. But the point I'm making these machines can actually be a serious money saving exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

bk wrote: »
    On the other hand you maybe spending €200+ to save hundreds. I certainly have! Probably thousands at this stage!!

If you switch from a starbucks a day to making your own coffee at home, it will pay for itself within 9 months. 3 cups a day.....

I find that even with cheap lavazza beans you still get a far better coffee then starbucks and save lots of money. And even cheap lavazza will be far better then pre-ground in a french press, while being much easier to use and no more expensive beyond the initial investment.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to spend the extra, that is cool, treat yourself. But the point I'm making these machines can actually be a serious money saving exercise.
    I agree. Some of the discountcoffee have won great taste awards, just the same as the ponaire ones have.
    I wonder would the lads above pass a blind taste test. They're coming across as coffee snobs to me. 'I'd never buy beans from a place that has discount in the name'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Of all the "cheap" beans I've tried I'm now sticking with tesco finest strength 3, the Colombian ones I think. Tastes better than the likes of lavazza to me and about €3.50 a bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Having discovered these in my local cafe a year ago I would say Ariosa beans all the way...Espresso blend #2

They are in Meath roasting their own beans and sell online and also Temple Bar market on Saturdays ( where they also give you a free coffee if getting beans!). A little dearer than getting Lavazzo in Tesco though but they are fresh roasted.

I have zero connection with them, just love these beans and they are great in my DeLonghi which is now down to €269 on Amazon Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

+1 for Ariosa, I've only been using them a while myself. Bailies are good too, haven't tried Ponaire

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Delonghi having a sale at the moment
    http://www.delonghi.com/blackfridayuk
    Using parcel motel I've ordered this for 250 gbp

AUTENTICA ETAM 29.510.B

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/products/coffee/coffee-makers/automatic-coffee-makers/autentica-etam-29510sb-0132220011

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

bleary wrote: »

AUTENTICA ETAM 29.510.B

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/products/coffee/coffee-makers/automatic-coffee-makers/autentica-etam-29510sb-0132220011

Use "THANKS10" for 10 % off aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Hi Bleary, how did you complete your order on De Longhi'a site - it won't let me change billing from a UK default and my revolut payment is failing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭spuddy

AUTENTICA ETAM 29.510.B

For £225, how does it compare with the Magnifica ECAM 22.110 or ESAM4200?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

is this as good a price ill get in store in ireland ?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9062135.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭spuddy

spuddy wrote: »
    For £225, how does it compare with the Magnifica ECAM 22.110 or ESAM4200?

Found the answer to my own question here. Not a whole lot of difference from the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

AUTENTICA ETAM 29.510.B

THANKS10 code gets it down to £225.

shakedown wrote: »
    THANKS10 code gets it down to £225.

You trying to steal my thunder? ☺☺☺

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

spuddy wrote: »
    Found the answer to my own question here. Not a whole lot of difference from the looks of things.

ESAM4200 is £229 on amazon currently. Which is better, this or autentica

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

sweetie wrote: »
    ESAM4200 is £229 on amazon currently. Which is better, this or autentica

The ESAM4200 has a water tank at the side, and for me this makes the task of filling up the tank a lot easier, a tank at the back (for me) would be a lot more cumbersome to refill.

Just my two cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Signed up for the Delonghi serious about coffee site to claim my free gifts and it takes me to a coffee seller who I have to email for my free samples but no mention of the free service or coffee cups. Anyone manage to get these?

Signed up for the Delonghi serious about coffee site to claim my free gifts and it takes me to a coffee seller who I have to email for my free samples but no mention of the free service or coffee cups. Anyone manage to get these?

Just got my machine today. Makes a hell of a racket upon making a cuppa.... 🀔🀔🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

A bit off topic Anyone recommend a good milk, I try to froth some of them and they just wont,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Hococop wrote: »
    A bit off topic Anyone recommend a good milk, I try to froth some of them and they just wont,

Anything full fat froths the best imo

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Anything full fat froths the best imo

Yeah using avonmore full fat now but its not frothing, usually does, is it down to different supplier of farmers?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Yeah using avonmore full fat now but its not frothing, usually does, is it down to different supplier of farmers?

Have the delonghi about 5 yrs now. Like you I had frothing issues at certain stages but it kinda autofixes and froths well again generally. I use avonmore too, find it the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I signed up about nine months ago and got nothing, was at least expecting the descaler :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ Ellie Millions Laptop

I know a few people who work in Avonmore and they also do alot of others stores milk, the carton is just changed up, full fat milk is full fat milk, no Avonmore cows in the field...Save your € and just buy the cheapest full fat milk you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

kisugem wrote: »

Thanks so much! Sorry to anyone else, I think I got the last one at this price, back up to £289.95 now.
    Been on the verge of buying one of these for nearly a year now, this deal was way too good to pass up!
    And I nearly missed it faffing about buying gift cards trying to get the £3/£5 free credit from another bargain alert... :o
    Very excited about the coffee I'm going to be able to have at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Are you sure you're doing it right? Not being smart, but I had the same problem recently, you have to press the steam button and wait until the red light stays solid before you turn the dial to the left or else you'll just get small spurts of steam.

cefh17 wrote: »
    Are you sure you're doing it right? Not being smart, but I had the same problem recently, you have to press the steam button and wait until the red light stays solid before you turn the dial to the left or else you'll just get small spurts of steam.

Ha don't worry I'm doing it right, its like if the milk is watered down sometimes, one carton igets an amazing froth another carton creates nothing I don't know if its down to different suppliers or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Advertisement